X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Belhrad Tossing Characters out

Belhrad says to you, "You're no longer welcome here."
    You are tossed out soundly by Belhrad.

So, after not buying anything at the shop my character has been tossed out. I think this is a bit overkill for a shop that has random items that you potentially would never want. I purposefully am waiting to purchase a specific item so I randomly check the stock until it appears in the cabinet. Has anyone else had this happen to their guys? Thoughts?

My personal thought is that this is very stupid. This is going to make me just create throwaway characters in order to periodically check the stock for fear one of my other guys will be thrown out.

Originally posted by Zenerai View Post
    Belhrad says to you, "You're no longer welcome here."
    You are tossed out soundly by Belhrad.

So, after not buying anything at the shop my character has been tossed out. I think this is a bit overkill for a shop that has random items that you potentially would never want. I purposefully am waiting to purchase a specific item so I randomly check the stock until it appears in the cabinet. Has anyone else had this happen to their guys? Thoughts?

My personal thought is that this is very stupid. This is going to make me just create throwaway characters in order to periodically check the stock for fear one of my other guys will be thrown out.
    There are a few reasons for which Belhrad will ban characters from his shop, but the most common one (in direct response to ongoing issues in Belhrad's prior shops) is that he has had to kick the sleeping character out frequently, without them having purchased anything. He is running a business, not a flophouse, after all. He is also amenable to working out a resolution ICly if you feel you have been wronged by this (automated systems aren't always perfect, after all).
    GM Scolve

Comment

Originally posted by Scolve View Post

There are a few reasons for which Belhrad will ban characters from his shop, but the most common one (in direct response to ongoing issues in Belhrad's prior shops) is that he has had to kick the sleeping character out frequently, without them having purchased anything. He is running a business, not a flophouse, after all. He is also amenable to working out a resolution ICly if you feel you have been wronged by this (automated systems aren't always perfect, after all).
      It's hard to understand from this side the reasoning behind things. I appreciate the response and clarification

Thanks for all the work you guys have been doing as well. The game has been super fun lately.

Comment

This is going to make me just create throwaway characters in order to periodically check the stock for fear one of my other guys will be thrown out.
        I hate having to remind people, since I don't like having to come off as 'the bad cop', but it should be noted that doing this has and will continue to get people banned from the shop involved with no chance of 'working it out' as well as loss of any items gained through this 'tactic'. It is blatantly OOC, and thus against the rules. As always, your characters are separate entities, and blatantly abusing their knowledge in such OOC ways is not tolerated.

Game Master Tale
        Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad. Creativity is putting tomatoes in a fruit salad to make mango salsa. Philosophy is wondering if that means ketchup is actually a smoothie. Common Sense is knowing that no, ketchup is not a smoothie.

Comment

Bravo, waking up an alt seems cheesy.
          "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

Comment

Originally posted by Tale View Post

I hate having to remind people, since I don't like having to come off as 'the bad cop', but it should be noted that doing this has and will continue to get people banned from the shop involved with no chance of 'working it out' as well as loss of any items gained through this 'tactic'. It is blatantly OOC, and thus against the rules. As always, your characters are separate entities, and blatantly abusing their knowledge in such OOC ways is not tolerated.
            I mean... if you write a mechanic that throws characters out that don't buy things for x number of trips. You better believe I'm going to find an alternative method of getting the stock list. Not sure why you had to post when Scolve had already cleared things up.

Comment

Originally posted by Kered View Post
              Bravo, waking up an alt seems cheesy.
              It really is, I agree 100%.. but if there is a fear of your characters going in to check the stock list and getting tossed out forever then what is the alternative? I go in with both my guys and haven't had a problem yet. I have a third character that exhibits the behavior that Solve is trying to prevent which was explained above and I'm alright with that. I will just have to train my guy and play him more often to show that he's not just some throwaway alt which is understandable.

Yet, my second 'main' is now being threatened to buy something this time or else. So... what is the alternative?

Comment

It really is, I agree 100%.. but if there is a fear of your characters going in to check the stock list and getting tossed out forever then what is the alternative? I go in with both my guys and haven't had a problem yet. I have a third character that exhibits the behavior that Solve is trying to prevent which was explained above and I'm alright with that. I will just have to train my guy and play him more often to show that he's not just some throwaway alt which is understandable.

Yet, my second 'main' is now being threatened to buy something this time or else. So... what is the alternative?
                The alternative is not to participate.

Comment

I'd be concerned about newer characters with low funds having issues here, as 90%+ of the stock is over 2 talents, but every once in a while there's a very nice item under a talent that is perfect for a newer char. That char may need to come in a hundred times and wait for the right color combination and item to be able to buy it. I would think as long as the character isn't regularly sleeping IN the shop, it wouldn't be an issue to the shopkeeper for them to browse with serious intent to buy something eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by Ilkilyn View Post
                    I'd be concerned about newer characters with low funds having issues here, as 90%+ of the stock is over 2 talents, but every once in a while there's a very nice item under a talent that is perfect for a newer char. That char may need to come in a hundred times and wait for the right color combination and item to be able to buy it. I would think as long as the character isn't regularly sleeping IN the shop, it wouldn't be an issue to the shopkeeper for them to browse with serious intent to buy something eventually.
                    Thank you for putting my thoughts into a clear succinct manner.

Comment

Even rich folks...I like to think about whether I am going to drop 65t on a staff when in a few hours they might have a nicer or cooler color/embellishment combo.

Comment

Not sure why you had to post when Scolve had already cleared things up.
                        Because you literally posted what amounted to 'well, then I'll cheat'. I was trying to save you from the consequences of a lack of good judgment, but by all means, please feel free to ignore my clear reminder that cheating has consequences.
                        Game Master Tale
                        Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad. Creativity is putting tomatoes in a fruit salad to make mango salsa. Philosophy is wondering if that means ketchup is actually a smoothie. Common Sense is knowing that no, ketchup is not a smoothie.

Comment

I'm pretty sure we're misunderstanding the core reason it being in effect is likely so someone can't log in an alt, leave it in the shops to check items and log back off in the shop. Then, transferring said information to their main character on whether to bother visiting if said main character is.. I dunno? In Franlius?

I am very doubtful that he just bans you for coming in and not buying anything (If he does, I really don't have anything to say about such stupidity. ) It's more likely just similar to Blackvine's tailor cloth shop where they don't want people using alts to browse stock so they make you at least have to sleep outside the shop as a deterrence.

Comment

Is there a hard coded limit to the number of times you can go in and out before they say better buy something, or is that related to sleeping? Some people don't carry around money, but do like looking at things, and might buy something eventually, but would have to leave to get the money and come back.

Comment

Originally posted by ArchMagi View Post
                              Is there a hard coded limit to the number of times you can go in and out before they say better buy something, or is that related to sleeping? Some people don't carry around money, but do like looking at things, and might buy something eventually, but would have to leave to get the money and come back.
                              I provided more specific information here:
                              http://forum.skotos.net/forum/our-ga...d-s-new-stores
                              GM Scolve

Comment

Working...
                              X