Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Franlius Ship Speed

Attention all citizens and foreigners alike!! :

Iridine's finest scholars have been in the library studying and crunching numbers for years to come up with some faster ship technology! And finally they are going to try installing it on the Franlius ship!
    They've retrofitted the sails with lighters stronger material and increased the surface area, also increased the hull's hydrodynamics by 10 fold!

Now the Franlius ship time from dock to dock has been cut in half! Enjoy good citizens!!!!!

But really, is there any reason we can't increase the ships speed? No one comes here specifically because this ship is a hassle, can we upgrade it a bit? Maybe a second ship could be an easy answer.

It does have a magic orb that makes it invisible...not a far stretch to make it go faster.

Comment

The Franlius ship looks to me like a supply ship. They are not usually known to be very fast or quick but usually spacious to move supplies to a war effort area and wounded coming home a transport back/maybe slaves and other goods seized as part of the conflict.

Now if they added some slaves rowing the boat I could see it moving a bit faster, but still it is moving some distance on the world map.

I would disagree that no one comes to Franlius because the ship is a hassle. I find that most people just do not want to group up for the content, but that is just my experience with that area so far and what I've read on the forums.
      TEC Discord Link!

VOTE FOR TEC!

Originally posted by Dyro
      "Good RP is consistency."

Originally posted by Cloudy
      "Shiloboy wins.
      Fatality.
      Keep up the good work."

Comment

Originally posted by Shiloboy View Post
        I would disagree that no one comes to Franlius because the ship is a hassle. I find that most people just do not want to group up for the content, but that is just my experience with that area so far and what I've read on the forums.
        I stopped going to RV because of the drover. Sometimes it wouldn't appear, or you'd miss it by seconds and be stuck waiting. I don't mind some waiting, but this is a game. I don't want to have to wait an hour to just walk some more before I can actually do something. Now I go to RV because I can go when I want, with minimal waiting.

Comment

I like the way you have the option for buying a speedier (when the drovers are working) drover for RV. Perhaps a similar thing could be added for the Franlius boat?

> A sailor asks you, "Sure, I can cut down the travel time for this trip by feeding the rowing slaves some extra rations and water, but it'll cost you. Do you still wish to pay XX to speed up this trip?"

Or something similar. Gives the ones who don't want to wait as long a way to pay to speed it up.

The position being taken is not to be mistaken for attempted education or righteous accusation- Only a description, just an observation of the pitiful condition of our degeneration.

Oh doom and gloom, oh doom and gloom, the GMs are fools and do not realize what a position they have put us in. They could not possibly have thought of all of this already, for they are but tiny brained fools.
          Keep on keepin' on, can ya dig it?

Comment

Originally posted by Stonespyder View Post
            I like the way you have the option for buying a speedier (when the drovers are working) drover for RV. Perhaps a similar thing could be added for the Franlius boat?

> A sailor asks you, "Sure, I can cut down the travel time for this trip by feeding the rowing slaves some extra rations and water, but it'll cost you. Do you still wish to pay XX to speed up this trip?"

Or something similar. Gives the ones who don't want to wait as long a way to pay to speed it up.
            Or they could make the dock on the other side (to the east): Where you could grab a seat on a smaller, faster ship and buy a ticket for it? The sailor is right there, he could easily sell a ticket on the Trireme - the faster boat ride to Franlius?

Just a suggestion.
            TEC Discord Link!

VOTE FOR TEC!

"Shiloboy wins.
            Fatality.
            Keep up the good work."

Comment

I think if they just added another ship it would work. You could even decrease the wait time as there's another coming and make it that much faster.
              Originally posted by Arconn9
              First time I used Sabinus today, since my old main got Cuttongued. So was the IC event for his change; was it him getting hit in the head repeatedly by someone? Because I think he's a retard now.

Comment

It cost players over 1000 talents to get the wagon going to RV to speed things up. How much is an extra ship going to cost?

Comment

Or they could make the dock on the other side (to the east): Where you could grab a seat on a smaller, faster ship and buy a ticket for it? The sailor is right there, he could easily sell a ticket on the Trireme - the faster boat ride to Franlius?

Just a suggestion.
                  I like this a lot better!
                  The position being taken is not to be mistaken for attempted education or righteous accusation- Only a description, just an observation of the pitiful condition of our degeneration.

Oh doom and gloom, oh doom and gloom, the GMs are fools and do not realize what a position they have put us in. They could not possibly have thought of all of this already, for they are but tiny brained fools.

Comment

I like this a lot better!
                    As long as it has a 1 in 1000 chance of getting caught in a storm and landing you on Cullaiden island for permanent banishment

Comment

Originally posted by Ilkilyn View Post

As long as it has a 1 in 1000 chance of getting caught in a storm and landing you on Cullaiden island for permanent banishment
                      I never like the idea of random chance built into the system which would result in permanent end to a character. Especially a game such as this where you spend literal years training up characters.

If that was a thing, then not permanent. Make it so there is a monthly or bi monthly event in which there is rescue for the shipwrecked, which would also introduce the slight chance of those banished to the island to sneak aboard the rescue ships and make it back to the city.

Comment

But seriously... Can some sort of option be looked at to ease the travel time to Franlius since it's not the hunting ground au du jour anymore? Some diehards go out there but anytime I try to bring new company they say "hard pass, that voyage sucks." It's pretty punishing to the player with the wait times, and if you miss a boat by seconds you're literally stuck for another hour. I'm all for realism but can we just suspend the disbelief a tad or look into one of the options suggested above (and many times by other people?).

Comment

But seriously... Can some sort of option be looked at to ease the travel time to Franlius since it's not the hunting ground au du jour anymore? Some diehards go out there but anytime I try to bring new company they say "hard pass, that voyage sucks." It's pretty punishing to the player with the wait times, and if you miss a boat by seconds you're literally stuck for another hour. I'm all for realism but can we just suspend the disbelief a tad or look into one of the options suggested above (and many times by other people?).

Just a suggestion.

************************************************** ***

The funny thing is I do not mind the trip to and from Franlius. It does take some time but that makes the place have a bit more meaning and value to it in my opinion. If the boat isn't there I just walk around the city, get in some casual RP and wait for the horn to blow.

I guess I could put in an actual IG suggestion and see what they say?
                          TEC Discord Link!

VOTE FOR TEC!

"Shiloboy wins.
                          Fatality.
                          Keep up the good work."

Comment

Its a Legion transport ship, if the Legion wants more help, they should spring for another ship. And set it up like RV wagoneers are with two ships, one at each port of call and have them only leave when someone boards it. Have the horn and crier sound when the ship is about to leave so anyone wanting to leave has time to run to the ship.
                            I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image.
                            Steven Hawkings

Comment

Working...
                            X