Endurance Fatigue Drops

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Endurance Fatigue Drops

Is there another fatigue drop between 160 and 200 endurance?

In terms of stats I only have 10 points left in STR, 40 END, 60ish in PER, and 60ish in WIL. Trying to decide what to finish next after strength. Figured endurance might be more beneficial for training if it has another drop. It's been a while since I've done that stat on a character.

Thanks.

what do you mean by fatigue drop?

Comment

Originally posted by ArchMagi View Post
      what do you mean by fatigue drop?
      How many hits I can do per % of fatigue.

Comment

that's a thing? I just thought it was you have more fatigue, so you can do more per percentage, just because you have more.

Comment

Originally posted by ArchMagi View Post
          that's a thing? I just thought it was you have more fatigue, so you can do more per percentage, just because you have more.
          Hmm, possibly. I always thought there were big drops at certain numbers. I'm at work so I'm a bit too lazy to search the forum, figured I could get a quick answer.

I did just do a quick search and I saw people saying that endurance has nothing to do with fatigue drain, but I find that to be a little strange from experience. There's definitely some differences somewhere, and I've always taken athletic as a trait.

Edit: Did some more research -

2009 - A few people stated not noticing any differences at all when raising endurance.
          2013 - Someone mentioned that around 134-135 endurance you get a major drop in your fatigue drain.
          2018 - I'm being told that your endurance scales all the way up to 200.

What am I to believe? I guess I'll just have to find out for myself since I'm going to be raising it anyways.
          Last edited by Ryzen; 06-01-2018, 03:53 PM.

Comment

I used to think the same thing a long time ago. I noticed that one char would get 2 swings per % and another would get 3 or 4. But it now that I've had a couple chars taken to 200 end, It seems to be like a total pool, lets say 4*endurance of fatigue points. So at average endurance 400; at outstanding end 800.

Every move then seems to have its own rating of how many points it uses to swing. Some are 1, 2, 3 or possibly even 4 points depending on how hard they hit, how fast they are, multihitting,etc. I believe the vast majority of attacks are 2 on this scale, meaning you get 400 attacks in a full fatigue bar at outstanding endurance (4 per 1%).

I believe this because I noticed incremental increases in how long my fatigue would last as I spent rps rather than sudden massive jumps. The part about different amounts of fatigue per attack came from some others that claimed they'd tested different attacks for entire fatigue bars.

Comment

well, something to keep in mind about using an entire fatigue bar doing one move...
              you do recover a little fatigue while you wait to pull off the next move, and the longer the move, the more you can recover while you wait... no, it's not nearly enough to compensate for the move itself, but it does happen.

Comment

Fatigue lately seems to be dropping all over randomly, sometimes I'm fine and i can do 5-6 bandit packs, sometimes 3
                "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

Comment

The bigger your fatigue pool, and the longer it takes you to drain it, the more points you regain during that time. If the regen rate is 1% fatigue per minute, and it takes you an hour to go from 100-0 fatigue, you've actually used up 160% fatigue. If it takes you two hours, you've used up 220%. Likewise, each percentage point for a character with 200 endurance is worth twice as much as for a character with 100 endurance.

Comment

Traits such as athletic, increased metab and mountain lungs play a big role in swings per % and recovery rates.
                    There does seem to be drop off's where you see more swings per %. 135 hp seems to be the first I think 150ish is another, it's hard to properly test and GM's keep the incremental algorithms on lock.

Comment

fatigue recovery is easily accounted for in the math, as it's linear recovery amount over time as long as you avoid the baths or laying, etc.

Comment

I think I understand now that the extra 40 endurance will do more for me than perception and willpower at this point in time.

Thanks for the feedback.

Comment

When I was increasing my character's Endurance, I did some tests to find out whether it reduced the amount of fatigue drop, or increased the total fatigue pool. I couldn't definitely answer the question but here's what I found.

at HP it took x-amount of time for a bot to spam rapidstrike on a dummy and get to 0% fatigue.
                          at HP+10 it took more time.

at HP it took y-amount of time for my character to lay in the baths and get from 0 to 100% fatigue.
                          at HP+10 it took the same y-amount of time.

Therefore I could only say there are two possibilities: Fatigue drain was reduced somewhere between HP and HP+10; or Fatigue pool was increased and Fatigue regen is a % amount.

Hope that helps. Either way endurance is worth increasing.
                          Signature.

Comment

Back when the earth was still cooling you used to get an additional attack per stamina point at 133, 167 and 200. At 101 endurance you could get 3 swings per point, with a max of 6. Athletic was a flat +2 meaning a character with 200 endurance and that trait got 8 swings per point. A slow weapon could essentially train forever.

When speed was nerfed this all changed. It seems like the top end was flattened out. Athletic no longer seems to have the effect it once did and with 200hp really seems like a huge waste of a trait (and bonusing endurance 5-10% like most other traits now do seems like a much better solution). There have also been other additions like body temperature that monkey with stamina calculations to the point that it is guesswork at best.

Also, recovery time has never changed with increased endurance. Think of it as a pool of 100 points and by increasing the stat you use a smaller fraction of a point. A 200 endurance character might only use 1/5th of a point where a 100 endurance character would use 1/3 of a point to do the same moves.

Comment

Originally posted by Lantraste View Post
                              Back when the earth was still cooling you used to get an additional attack per stamina point at 133, 167 and 200. At 101 endurance you could get 3 swings per point, with a max of 6. Athletic was a flat +2 meaning a character with 200 endurance and that trait got 8 swings per point. A slow weapon could essentially train forever.

When speed was nerfed this all changed. It seems like the top end was flattened out. Athletic no longer seems to have the effect it once did and with 200hp really seems like a huge waste of a trait (and bonusing endurance 5-10% like most other traits now do seems like a much better solution). There have also been other additions like body temperature that monkey with stamina calculations to the point that it is guesswork at best.

Also, recovery time has never changed with increased endurance. Think of it as a pool of 100 points and by increasing the stat you use a smaller fraction of a point. A 200 endurance character might only use 1/5th of a point where a 100 endurance character would use 1/3 of a point to do the same moves.
                              Yeah, that's what I was thinking of... the old days. Sucks to hear about athletic, though, as I took that and mountain lungs. It's nice to hear that recovery time stays static, so there is a major boon to taking endurance to 200. My recovery time is pretty nice with lungs. If I'm hunting somewhere with a low spawn rate, I can recover on the fly quite decently.

Comment

Working...
                              X