Armor Colors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Armor Colors

Over at the Discord, pikestr28 has thought up a pretty neat idea.

What if armor colors (and other items colors too) were coded to show the color?

CarlosNorris made a few mockups, but I asked him to make this mockup combining the 3 he made on the discord:
    https://imgur.com/a/LmcTKph

The system would have to be able to add stroke color to CSS of the colors so that if your background is white you would see light colors like Ivory.
    CarlosNorris said the best setting for that stroke he could see was at 0.25px to 0.4px (0.25 is shown in the mockup)

Would be neat as long as the colors were correct and it could be disabled.

Comment

I'll admit I have had to look up some of those colors in the dictionary. Argent? Aubergine?

Might be kind of neat to see them colored in the client if it could be implemented without too much work.
      [Success: 95, Roll: 5] Pharse swings a cestus-covered fist sideways, lashing out at you with the blades of his weapon, but misses. You use the broad head of your short whip to knock aside the attack with a brute-force swat.

Comment

Interesting idea. I'd like to see what that would look like as a worst case scenario when looking at someone (Gadaene?) wearing all types of multi-colored items. Could be a bit overwhelming/annoying.
        A woman in a shiny boison helmet with an absurdly tall dome says to a ram in Cineran, "Oh yes, hit me now, you bad bad bad sheep."
        A woman in a shiny boison helmet with an absurdly tall dome is stunned.
        A ram bumps roughly into a woman in a shiny boison helmet with an absurdly tall dome with its head!.

“Everybody in this country should learn how to program a computer... because it teaches you how to think.” - Steve Jobs

Comment

Yeah, but think of how awesome your color matched sets or color schemes(checkered - mixed black and white) descriptions would end up looking. Worth it for the rainbows that are Gadaene.

Comment

What would black look like? Just regular text? What about if you have a black background?
            A woman in a shiny boison helmet with an absurdly tall dome says to a ram in Cineran, "Oh yes, hit me now, you bad bad bad sheep."
            A woman in a shiny boison helmet with an absurdly tall dome is stunned.
            A ram bumps roughly into a woman in a shiny boison helmet with an absurdly tall dome with its head!.

“Everybody in this country should learn how to program a computer... because it teaches you how to think.” - Steve Jobs

Comment

yes, just like the smoky black looks in that picture.
              The stroke/outline would have to swap from black to white depending on your background color.

Comment

I think this is pretty epic!
                Originally posted by Dyro
                Good RP is consistency.
                Originally posted by Cloudy
                Shiloboy wins.
                Fatality.
                Keep up the good work.

Comment

I think its awesome and Id use it if it was an option.

Comment

I used to have an idea to make a little animated character near the compass. It would be pretty simple, could see if you were standing or laying or sitting, see if you were wielding shield/weapon. etc, just a basic animation I think could be fun.

Comment

Originally posted by The_thief View Post
                      I used to have an idea to make a little animated character near the compass. It would be pretty simple, could see if you were standing or laying or sitting, see if you were wielding shield/weapon. etc, just a basic animation I think could be fun.
                      back on the original java client there was a little guy with green lights beside him. It would show when you were wielding, what areas where bleeding, etc.
                      there were also various icons to show status aliments, like poisoned.

I miss those features greatly, even if it was buggy as helllllllll on the java client.

Comment

Originally posted by chronicdakkon View Post

back on the original java client there was a little guy with green lights beside him. It would show when you were wielding, what areas where bleeding, etc.
                        there were also various icons to show status aliments, like poisoned.

I miss those features greatly, even if it was buggy as helllllllll on the java client.
                        And that mystery sobriety button! I still need to go back and figure out what that was sending.

Comment

Working...
                        X