Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Custom Moves/Skills Opened up again....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Custom Moves/Skills Opened up again....

Was having this conversation in the Discord tonight and I figured I would ask here on the forums...

If the ability to make custom moves or skills were opened up again what would you want to see created and why? How would they work?

TEC Discord Link!

VOTE FOR TEC!

Originally posted by Dyro
    "Good RP is consistency."

Originally posted by Cloudy
    "Shiloboy wins.
    Fatality.
    Keep up the good work."

First 123145

Comment

custom punch times 5
      Wombat responds from afar, "Allupindat Booty is probably less acceptable than President Clinton."
      Tale responds from afar, "Downs Endrum? Really?"
      Arconn9 in "Best gladiators of all time project" thread - Wehttam (for beating Rizer,Drexus and like 5 other characters with a bow in the first Gladiator fights I ever been too and when we were are all newbie characters, just for that time lol)

Comment

Sweep the legs Daniel-san

Comment

Originally posted by Dragonion View Post
          custom punch times 5
          I mean this basically sums it up. Based on our culture, people will inevitable request the easiest to land move over and over again. But if you completely restrict that, then custom moves aren't really all that appealing. It would also be up to GMs to know beforehand which moves are abuse-able if done repeatedly without penalty. I imagine it would be difficult to properly balance.

But if somehow done properly, sure it would be awesome.
          A woman in a shiny boison helmet with an absurdly tall dome says to a ram in Cineran, "Oh yes, hit me now, you bad bad bad sheep."
          A woman in a shiny boison helmet with an absurdly tall dome is stunned.
          A ram bumps roughly into a woman in a shiny boison helmet with an absurdly tall dome with its head!.

“Everybody in this country should learn how to program a computer... because it teaches you how to think.” - Steve Jobs

Comment

Shield Knee strike, basically a knock down for shields, I don't see it overpowered and its a logical move
            "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

Comment

The ability to create a custom move for me was one of the major draws to this game. I thought it was incredible that they would do that. I would totally save up and buy a custom move. It would be my guys signature move and I would keep it to myself. If the GMs were really concerned about balance they could make it so only your character could use the move. That would prevent throwing off the balance of all weapons.

Comment

Originally posted by Ariden View Post
                The ability to create a custom move for me was one of the major draws to this game. I thought it was incredible that they would do that. I would totally save up and buy a custom move. It would be my guys signature move and I would keep it to myself. If the GMs were really concerned about balance they could make it so only your character could use the move. That would prevent throwing off the balance of all weapons.
                Balance, to me, is making it fair for everyone. So a system where only 1 person can use moves that are OP doesn't equal balance to me. If anything, that kinda seems worse. So in my mind, the simplest way would be to guarantee that custom moves won't be overpowered, then sure we could introduce as many as people want. Not the only way, just the simplest IMO.
                A woman in a shiny boison helmet with an absurdly tall dome says to a ram in Cineran, "Oh yes, hit me now, you bad bad bad sheep."
                A woman in a shiny boison helmet with an absurdly tall dome is stunned.
                A ram bumps roughly into a woman in a shiny boison helmet with an absurdly tall dome with its head!.

“Everybody in this country should learn how to program a computer... because it teaches you how to think.” - Steve Jobs

Comment

Well if you are working with the Gm to make a move. They would set limits on what’s possible, like not hitting with an easy move against holes in defense for 5 times.

They could also make the undelying skill not a prerequisite but also the ability to affect damage. So if you have a three move combo you would have to have those trained to a high level to make your custom move do any real damage.

Then balance the move by making it an impossible skill, which by the way you’d have to selftrain and it shouldn’t be game breaking.

Comment

A disarming move in either brawling or pankration. If I could be greedy and make two moves, it would work like Cineran Knife Fighting's slashing block/wrist slash mechanically. A specific block done then creating a window in which the disarm could happen. Otherwise, I'd like it to functionally work inside one of the many grapples, to fling the opponent's weapon away from them.

If I went the brawling route, I'd prefer it to be inside of the grapple, realistically off of bearhug, in which you shifted into wrenching the opponents weapon away and broke the hold in the process.

Pankration I consider more of a martial art, and as such would want the block/disarm combo. Off of a jabbing attack aimed at the midsection, an inside to outside block in which a quick command could be entered within a small window to fling the opponent's weapon away.

Comment

Figure four leg lock.
                      Originally posted by MrSelfDestruct
                      I thought it was just a rumor that it was all number-crunching and competitive training in a game with no logical endpoint since characters are ostensibly immortal and can always get better.

You mean it's true?
                      Originally posted by Phwoar
                      Maybe I'm just becoming some tea-sipping hippy, or maybe I'm sour because my main uses cesti, but, why sacrifice a character idea for the sake of some hypothetical edge in some imagined combat situation in the distant future?
                      Originally posted by Elowynn
                      Rupert is like the Snowden champion of TEC.

Comment

A stepping move (one that makes you more aggressive) for each weapon.

Comment

All of this just sounds like balancing each weapon. How about making shields crossblock stop weapon traps like it should...

Comment

Well I want a shield breaking move for gladius

Comment

For brawling, some kind of shield wrench/wrestle from a person. Maybe have a critical hit of breaking the arm if done well enough. Or a bottle/mug throw since its is brawling :P
                              I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image.
                              Steven Hawkings

Comment

Working...
                              X