Dogs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dogs

Can't find anything on training or basic commands.

Basic verbal commands:
    Sit
    Stay
    Come
    Fetch (RP only)
    Guard (RP only)

Training:
    If you want it to be a fighter take it to a hunting ground and let it watch you get eaten alive. Eventually it will get upset and defend you.

Praise the beast (pet, scratch, hug, etc. etc.) whenever it does something you want it to do.

Frown at it when it does not listen. NEVER hit your fuzzy companion or it will eventually abandon you.

Feed it or it may:
    Abandon you
    Die
    Eat you

Keep in mind "traumatic" experiences will make your dog abandon you as well. I don't know if it's a bug or whatnot, but I had a dog abandon me once because a boar beat it up.

I may or may not have left something out... feel free to add to this list.

Comment

empathy makes dog training easier, as does the trait natural understanding. People with outstanding empathy or higher, with that trait can make other people's dogs obey them with very little effort.

Comment

Originally posted by Tender View Post
        Basic verbal commands:

Training:
        If you want it to be a fighter take it to a hunting ground and let it watch you get eaten alive. Eventually it will get upset and defend you.

Well, goodness. Looks like, if I want Astyr's Legio of Puppies to ACTUALLY be a Legio that is more than a bunch of cute fuzzballs, I have to let her be eaten alive. Fun, fun.

Comment

Also, to help control and transport them easier. If you pick them up while they are knocked out and let them recover in your arms, you'll be able to carry them whenever you want. Really helpful if you want to take them hunting or actually traveling with them. They tend to randomly get tired, aggressive and bored at the worst times.

Comment

Dogs are nothing but spam that eat too much. Granted my toon had one for years, and he talked to it all the time. Only thing it was good for was being a magnet for boar, who'd approach them, when they showed up so they wouldn't run away if you didn't manage to approach it in time. If you get tired of your dog, take it back to Canus in Monlon and abandon it instead of leaving it to die later on by someone
            I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image.
            Steven Hawkings

Comment

Working...
            X