Bow nocks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bow nocks

Does anyone happen to know how to get these on a bow? I figured you just left them on the ground like cordage, but that totally didn't work.
    Originally posted by Mast3rmind
    Celtor and Vladmir combined are like the Legion of Doom. Or maybe the wondertwins, although I'd be worried if Celtor was as furry as Vladmir. *nods sagely*
    Xianna exclaims to you, "And even when unconscious you still attract beautiful women, you lecher!"
    Ravenlark pats you.
    Ravenlark says to you, "I promise not to abuse you in your sleep. Much."

did you try... having them in hand while you make the bow?

Comment

inhand
      You are holding a skillfully carved pair of deer antler nocks in your right hand and a pine sapling in your left hand.
      craft bow from sapling
      It would help if you had a small sharp blade in hand to work with.

Conversely, while I can make a bow from a sapling laying on the ground (as in, not in hand), attempts with both the nocks in hand and on the ground failed to incorporate the nocks.
      Celtor and Vladmir combined are like the Legion of Doom. Or maybe the wondertwins, although I'd be worried if Celtor was as furry as Vladmir. *nods sagely*
      Xianna exclaims to you, "And even when unconscious you still attract beautiful women, you lecher!"
      Ravenlark pats you.

Comment

I haven't made a bow before, so this is only a guess, but I would try the fasten command if you haven't already done so.
        [Success: 95, Roll: 5] Pharse swings a cestus-covered fist sideways, lashing out at you with the blades of his weapon, but misses. You use the broad head of your short whip to knock aside the attack with a brute-force swat.

Comment

Originally posted by Irisa View Post
          I haven't made a bow before, so this is only a guess, but I would try the fasten command if you haven't already done so.
          fasten nocks to bow
          You cannot seem to fasten those together.

Good suggestion, though. Thank you. I filed an @request. Hopefully someone will tell me how all this stuff needs to be arranged.
          Ravenlark pats you.

Comment

I made them before, and taught others how it's done, maybe ask someone in game, as I forget the specifics.

Comment

Everything has to be on the ground. So a sapling of your choice, a piece of cordage (cordage or vine) and the nocks. If your unable to fasten the nocks to the bow, you might not be high enough in ranks to do it, since a lot of Outdoor/Hunting skills now rank dependent. I know its not broken as I made one yesterday after someone asked me via mail and they should have passed the message on to you.
              I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image.
              Steven Hawkings

Comment

Originally posted by isgrimnur View Post
                Everything has to be on the ground. So a sapling of your choice, a piece of cordage (cordage or vine) and the nocks. If your unable to fasten the nocks to the bow, you might not be high enough in ranks to do it, since a lot of Outdoor/Hunting skills now rank dependent. I know its not broken as I made one yesterday after someone asked me via mail and they should have passed the message on to you.
                They did, and thank you, I appreciate it. Was about to tear out my hair. I gave it a whirl repeatedly and it just does not work for me, and provides no message about insufficient skill. I'm not using nocks I carved myself, and I'm wondering if that's what's causing the problem. If so, I @reported it.

I also suggested that making a bow without nocks should suggest that you could add nocks to it if you had xyz, in much the same way knife making does if you don't have cordage present. I also think there should be a message if you have some, but not all, materials required, like with lean-tos.
                Ravenlark pats you.

Comment

you might require the fasten lore that krimalus teaches to actually make a bow with knocks, it's not a skill level thing.

Comment

Originally posted by ArchMagi View Post
                    you might require the fasten lore that krimalus teaches to actually make a bow with knocks, it's not a skill level thing.
                    ....yeah, I think I got that covered, but thanks.
                    Ravenlark pats you.

Comment

Yeah, sounds like a hidden "need to be this high, to go on this ride", or make this fancy bow in this case...I just add it to the silly Tale mechanics pile. Same one that says at 200 basics and 150 in spear making and stave making and my toon can't figure out how to make a fangstave cause he was born in the Safelands...
                      I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image.
                      Steven Hawkings

Comment

In that case it needs to tell you you're not good enough, IMO. Doing something else this week, but if it turns out to be a rank thing I'll let you know.
                        Ravenlark pats you.

Comment

You do not fasten nocks to the bow separately. The nocks are fastened only at the time you create the bow. When making a bow, ensure that you have all the required items in your immediate area. If you are missing a required item, the system will tell you so and that has always been the case. I hope that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Pranzor View Post
                            You do not fasten nocks to the bow separately. The nocks are fastened only at the time you create the bow. When making a bow, ensure that you have all the required items in your immediate area. If you are missing a required item, the system will tell you so and that has always been the case. I hope that helps.
                            I followed Isgrimnur's directions above and it still didn't result in my character 'using' the nocks, as seen below.

On the ground: a skillfully carved pair of bear leg bone nocks, some cordage, some cordage, and a sapling are scattered about ahead of you.

You take a primitive knife made from a large sea snake fang from a leather belt hoop holding a primitive knife made from a large sea snake fang.

craft bow from sapling

[Success: 1, Roll: 62] You begin carving the tips of the sapling into crude nocks, and trimming the middle with with your blade. After a short while, you manage to create a well-crafted pine bow.

You are no longer busy.
                            No message that I require other materials, it just makes a normal, no-nock bow. I filed an @report sometime after the @request from a few days ago describing this as well. I feel the fact that the nocks were not whittled by me may be important.
                            Ravenlark pats you.

Comment

those nocks are your problem, they're bugged, or not actually nocks.
                              you don't get bear leg bone nocks, you get bone nocks, or horn nocks or type of wood nocks. Make some new ones.

Comment

Working...
                              X