Bow nocks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ArchMagi View Post
    those nocks are your problem, they're bugged, or not actually nocks.
    you don't get bear leg bone nocks, you get bone nocks, or horn nocks or type of wood nocks. Make some new ones.
    I feel you missed the part where I said they were made by someone else (since Vlad's no good at whittling he outsourced). They're new enough to have the woody maker's marks on them, though, so if they don't work, that is/is also is a problem.

In any case, the weirdness, if any, has apparently been forwarded to appropriate party.
    Last edited by Vladmir; 10-03-2018, 11:13 PM.
    Originally posted by Mast3rmind
    Celtor and Vladmir combined are like the Legion of Doom. Or maybe the wondertwins, although I'd be worried if Celtor was as furry as Vladmir. *nods sagely*
    Xianna exclaims to you, "And even when unconscious you still attract beautiful women, you lecher!"
    Ravenlark pats you.
    Ravenlark says to you, "I promise not to abuse you in your sleep. Much."

Comment

Actually ArchMagi, a few bone objects have started to also name the animal it came from. I have reported this as a bug, since it makes no sense for it to show up since once you whittle something the size of a leg bone into a nock, you'd not be able to tell what animal it came from. Wood you'd be able to usually from the grain and wood color.
      I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image.
      Steven Hawkings

Comment

ok, I was mistaken, I still think that's the problem. I wasn't really good at making bows when I did it with nocks. But that was a long time ago, and I'm not in a position to mechanic it out right now.

Comment

[Success: 1, Roll: 48] You begin carving the tips of the sapling to receive the masterfully carved pair of wolf leg bone nocks, and trimming the middle with with your blade. Fitting in the masterfully carved pair of wolf leg bone nocks, and beginning to tie them tightly in place with some cordage, you manage to properly secure them. After a short while, you manage to create a finely crafted tilock bow bearing masterfully carved wolf leg bone nocks.

Well its not the nocks being bugged since I just made that set and then made the bow with no issues. I'm gunna say its not enough ranks in bow crafting on your part Vladmir and not a mechanics issue. I've used nocks in the past from someone else's making them and haven't had an issue.
          I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image.
          Steven Hawkings

Comment

Originally posted by isgrimnur View Post
            Well its not the nocks being bugged since I just made that set and then made the bow with no issues. I'm gunna say its not enough ranks in bow crafting on your part Vladmir and not a mechanics issue. I've used nocks in the past from someone else's making them and haven't had an issue.
            Certainly possible. If that's the case I'd suggest some sort of message when you try it, letting you know (like when you try a cooking skill you're not high enough for yet); if you look at my example from a few posts above you'll see their isn't one.

Celtor and Vladmir combined are like the Legion of Doom. Or maybe the wondertwins, although I'd be worried if Celtor was as furry as Vladmir. *nods sagely*
            Xianna exclaims to you, "And even when unconscious you still attract beautiful women, you lecher!"
            Ravenlark pats you.

Comment

only problem with that idea, it's not a different command, so why would it? It currently does tell you if you're missing something for the basic bow doesn't it? nocks are special. apparently.
              *edit* are you at least 10 in bow making? that might be the issue if not, like adding spikes to clubs, or something, if you're not good with the weapon, need to be practiced in making it to make it special?

Comment

Originally posted by ArchMagi View Post
                only problem with that idea, it's not a different command, so why would it? It currently does tell you if you're missing something for the basic bow doesn't it? nocks are special. apparently.
                The basic bow requires only one item, so no, it doesn't tell you if you're missing something. It does tell you if you forgot to take out your knife, though.

What I'm imagining is it working like knife making does; if you make a knife with no cordage on the ground, you'll get a message saying that if you had some cordage, it'd have turned out a little nicer. I feel like this should work the same way with bows, with messages based on the lack of an item (ie: nocks, sapling, but no cordage) for example, or, if applicable, a lack of skill.

Right now, if you make a normal bow, there's no indication that you could do anything else with it, even if there's a set of nocks laying on the ground in the room with you.

*edit* are you at least 10 in bow making? that might be the issue if not, like adding spikes to clubs, or something, if you're not good with the weapon, need to be practiced in making it to make it special?
                Yeah. I'm well over level 10. 55 or so, I think.

Complete aside: It's be cool if you could whittle bone/antler/wood handles for knife making.
                Ravenlark pats you.

Comment

55 bow making? definitely not a lack of skill then. I never went that high, and managed to make bows with nocks. Fact is, I was the first one to do it, and had to have tale fix the skill while doing it. So, at least there's that good news for ya, you've got enough skill. Try getting a new nock. I'd be ok with that message idea you had similar to knives missing cordage for the handle.

Comment

The only other thing I can think of is the knife you were using. If it was a bone knife and using bone nocks, the mechanics looked at the knife and said NOPE! and skipped over the nocks when making the bow.
                    Steven Hawkings

Comment

Working...
                    X