Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minor Changes - teaching drains fatigue, etc.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minor Changes - teaching drains fatigue, etc.

Haven't had time to look into this much, but I like the concept of the change.

However, being weighed with loot + teaching = now drains massive amounts of fatigue in a matter of seconds. This needs fixed, because it was unexpected and extremely fast. A few seconds of inattention now wrecks a hunting trip with friends. :T Given how used to the old system we are, and various other factors I'm too sleepy to write about right now, I think the encumbrance element on fatigue drain from teaching needs removed.

I know it was mentioned in another thread, but the face covering thing should have been in there somewhere too. It's the thread to look at for this sort of thing. It shouldn't be buried in some random other thread.

I know sometimes things are "experimental" like the who changes, and maybe this. Even given the intention that this isn't the final incarnation of a feature, we like updates! It makes the game look active, it keeps us informed, it's a good thing.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback.

We will review this, and any updates or changes will be posted in the Minor Changes thread.
      GM Scolve

Comment

The formula for fatigue drain was off by a decimal point. You should notice a significant difference now.
        Game Master Sceadu

Comment

I'm going to name my fourth kid Sceadu,

Comment

Iím at work and laughed out loud
            "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

Comment

What possible reason could there be to implement this change in the first place? As if veteran characters needed another reason not to want to provide training to new characters. The complete overpriced cost of training and now even less ability to get training from vet characters is going to make new accounts opt out of the initial grind.

Comment

The thing I like about the change is that it frees up spam to RP instead. I haven't tested the current fatigue drain but I agree that discouraging training is not a good thing.

Comment

This was one of my personal most wanted changes, and I'm really excited the GMs have made it a reality finally. Yes, the fatigue drain was monstrous initially, to the tune of -20% the first tick, and down to around 50% after 60 seconds. I brought it up to the GMs and they asked me to put in an @report, but Sceadu found the error and fixed it the very next day. Now the fatigue drain is about ten times less than that, and not really an impediment at all, similar to the fatigue drain from thinking out loud a handful of times. Hats off to the staff on this one for sure.

Comment

i really dont see the point in having a fatigue drain for teaching
                    Slyteavisius says to Canadadry, "Did someone beat you while explaining how the Beatles were too emo for them or something?"

Rupert1 cheats, "Jeans are too loud. Nothing says stealth like light white cotton and sunflowers."

Originally Posted by urek23
                    Rules only apply to specific people, something everyone that plays will learn very shortly after they start.

Comment

Originally posted by celticdark View Post
                      i really dont see the point in having a fatigue drain for teaching
                      It's so I don't just park a character in a room type "teach healing" and walk away.

Comment

Originally posted by ToothlessRebel View Post

It's so I don't just park a character in a room type "teach healing" and walk away.
                        it automatically would boot you out of the teach sequence before though?
                        Slyteavisius says to Canadadry, "Did someone beat you while explaining how the Beatles were too emo for them or something?"

Rupert1 cheats, "Jeans are too loud. Nothing says stealth like light white cotton and sunflowers."

Originally Posted by urek23
                        Rules only apply to specific people, something everyone that plays will learn very shortly after they start.

Comment

Working...
                        X