Christmas 2018 Wishlist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christmas 2018 Wishlist

Santas, we have been real good this year. There is a thriving community, re-invigorated to care about and support this game. The playerbase is bigger than it has been, in many years. Many players are on daily in the Discord, helping one another out, and brainstorming ways to attract old and new players to TEC.

Please consider implementing some of these wishlist items.

The focus of these wishlist items is specifically to have benefit to the largest amount of people, with the smallest amount of GM time investment. (I realize that coding is NEVER a "small" time investment. But at least it's a project that can be 'finished.' My thought process here is more along the lines of - how can we utilize GM time effectively into projects with big, positive effects?)

All games need constant new content to continuously set new goals for player enjoyment (and to encourage players to stay and play.)

2018 Christmas Wishlist:

1) Add +1 Roundtime to staves SSPIN. Reduce rolling rise failure from stave sweeps.

2) A fast ticket boat to Franlius. Make it a big deal requiring player contributions (like opening the RV drover) - even though the Legio can probably pay on it's own, it's nice to involve the entire gameworld. Coincide it with huge invasions in Franlius.

3) Add things to Fama's store. Currently, lotsa top-end fighters are all 'shopped out' at Fama's. New uber-high ticket items like boison plates, superior retalqs, would be thumbs-up. Consider, perhaps, new items entirely like iron greaves, a reinforce ticket to buff shield HP, etc. You'd be encouraging players to spend a significant amount of time in the gameworld to 'earn' these rewards, which is, in many ways, cooler than simply just buying them (even though coin and Rps take time, too.)

4) A shop in the Nehal village with a Belhrad type generator. This will re-invigorate the need and market for tokens. Tokens are attainable by outdoorsmen noncoms! RV is huge and can support a large number of outdoorsmen spending time there. Players can set their own exchange rate for a denar <--> token market. Instead of Gadaene styles, a Nehal generator would focus on things like weavings, engravings, etchings, dye, paint, runes, fur, bone, etc, and focus on materials found in nature. Scolve has been doing an awesome job tweaking Belhrad to offer things people actually wanna buy. Thumbs up. Nehal generator plz!

5) Make crates bigger than sacks. Why do crates suck so much? The labeling mechanic is so cool for organization. Wasted opportunity since they're too small to fit even a full sack into. Or, introduce cedar chests and cabinets that can be labeled?

6) Add unique non-combat oriented rewards in the RV dungeon. It is a huge time investment to go, and the place is so cool that it's a shame it goes unvisited. I don't think it needs nerfed - I think it needs more unique shinies to encourage people to take the risks. (Tale: see huge @request already sent in.)

Thank you Santas. Please consider!
    Last edited by Elowynn; 10-16-2018, 09:51 AM.

great, so now my painted like a toddler did the colouring bronze greaves can have lil bits of charred bone or feathers dangling off it instead of streamers and bows...
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image.
    Steven Hawkings

Comment

I love this post .

Revamp of Underground Traevant Caves (Great area unused really) Maybe through in variety and remove dart traps. throw random swamp bandits and black hand.

add some more wildlife in woods, and some new fishing areas.

Make healing easier to learn.

Invest in one handed sword normalized damage, boision and reatlq weapons shouldnít be doing less damage than a plain wooden spear.

Make the sky rain fish.

Bring back the senators.
      "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

Comment

We've been at war with Cinera for what, decades? Let's switch it up a little and add a new opponent. A company of Altene mercenaries hired by Cinera to do an invasion would be fun to deal with for an event or story arch.

Comment

Also, while combat oriented events are nice, I would like to see more with something available for non-coms. I've never seen a tailor have an opportunity to shine at an event for instance using their crafts in the capacity that a hunter could skin the hide off of the giant snake that attacked, or the constant usefulness of having a healer around during an attack. I've never once seen a GMNPC come in RPing as a patrician wanting to hire a series of tailors to create a perfect outfit for a party, and I think that would be neat to see.

And finally, there should be an opportunity for those that are skilled in pickpocketing, setups, and street smarts that I have never seen utilized as part of an event--spying. It would be cool if there was an opportunity during an event to send a thief that could read lips, speak Cineran, and sneak into an area to overhear some officers talking. Maybe steal a pouch that has a critical key inside of it. As a setup, a bunch of fighters could be taken prisoner during an overwhelming invasion, and then a second group would be needed to rescue them with opportunities like that presenting itself.

Comment

We had the hunter series which I loved it was half and half giant need for non com hunters and fishers for those events. Would love the idea of spyís and a tailoring event. Iím always a fan of low level combat events as well Iíve two alts that are crappy fighters but fun to play
            "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

Comment

Originally posted by Vakrend View Post
              I've never once seen a GMNPC come in RPing as a patrician wanting to hire a series of tailors to create a perfect outfit for a party, and I think that would be neat to see.
              It's been done though, I was there for it. Downside to the whole thing? They only hired Melina/vestis... they didn't want the individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by ArchMagi View Post

It's been done though, I was there for it. Downside to the whole thing? They only hired Melina/vestis... they didn't want the individuals.
                Maybe this was an issue with how the event itself was presented. Patrician comes in and says, "I want complete outfits made. Each outfit will include a pair of breeches, socks, pants, a tunic, a vest, a cloak, and a scarf. The most important aspect is consistency between the cloth, color, and any patterns must be identical through all of them. Thus, I can accept some of the nicer quality threads or colors, but even linen for everything would be acceptable, and it must match. A bonus will be given if you can guess my favorite color." Something like that, maybe a little less restrictive on what the outfit would require, but an in like that so newer characters would be able to feel involved as well.

Comment

And finally, there should be an opportunity for those that are skilled in pickpocketing, setups, and street smarts that I have never seen utilized as part of an event--spying. It would be cool if there was an opportunity during an event to send a thief that could read lips, speak Cineran, and sneak into an area to overhear some officers talking. Maybe steal a pouch that has a critical key inside of it. As a setup, a bunch of fighters could be taken prisoner during an overwhelming invasion, and then a second group would be needed to rescue them with opportunities like that presenting itself.
                  ^^This. This would be incredible.

Also to throw in another idea, have an event where somehow the fighters lose their weapons and they need wooden/bone ones made from an outdoorsy person. Just some other way to get more people involved.

Comment

Quest givers that have daily/weekly quests.

Comment

I would like to quote the suggestions I support, I would be stuck quoting this entire thread!

Kered, when Lauren went to the caves looking for the bench, I was surprised to see there was no skill roll with the traps. Even if they keep the traps, maybe make them like the Rock Valley obstacles. I will say this, I do understand that this would require some time investment. How much fun would it be to run bandits into traps.

Elowynn, These are great suggestions. Why do we need to suggest crates be bigger than a sack?! Why does my trunk hold less than a sack?

Comment

Originally posted by Elowynn View Post
                        2) A fast ticket boat to Franlius. Make it a big deal requiring player contributions (like opening the RV drover) - even though the Legio can probably pay on it's own, it's nice to involve the entire gameworld. Coincide it with huge invasions in Franlius.
                        I really liked how the drover event was handled, especially with the echos noting the people who contributed. A fast ship to Franlius done in the same manner would be a lot of fun.

4) A shop in the Nehal village with a Belhrad type generator. This will re-invigorate the need and market for tokens. Tokens are attainable by outdoorsmen noncoms! RV is huge and can support a large number of outdoorsmen spending time there. Players can set their own exchange rate for a denar <--> token market. Instead of Gadaene styles, a Nehal generator would focus on things like weavings, engravings, etchings, dye, paint, runes, fur, bone, etc, and focus on materials found in nature. Scolve has been doing an awesome job tweaking Belhrad to offer things people actually wanna buy. Thumbs up. Nehal generator plz!
                        I really like this idea. Biased here, but some of us prefer a more rustic look for our characters, and this would be a great way to provide some semi-custom items in that style.

While we're at it, an "inn" functionality associated with the village would also be cool.

5) Make crates bigger than sacks. Why do crates suck so much? The labeling mechanic is so cool for organization. Wasted opportunity since they're too small to fit even a full sack into. Or, introduce cedar chests and cabinets that can be labeled?
                        Yes please.

Note I liked some of El's other suggestions and some of other folks, it's just that these are my favorite so far.
                        Originally posted by Mast3rmind
                        Celtor and Vladmir combined are like the Legion of Doom. Or maybe the wondertwins, although I'd be worried if Celtor was as furry as Vladmir. *nods sagely*
                        Xianna exclaims to you, "And even when unconscious you still attract beautiful women, you lecher!"
                        Ravenlark pats you.
                        Ravenlark says to you, "I promise not to abuse you in your sleep. Much."

Comment

Releasing leather working. It was in beta what, six years ago? Can't be too buggy still. I also expect a post from Tale saying that it's been available IG for 3 years now sorta like the language tutor.

Comment

Originally posted by Lantraste View Post
                            Releasing leather working. It was in beta what, six years ago? Can't be too buggy still. I also expect a post from Tale saying that it's been available IG for 3 years now sorta like the language tutor.
                            10 years ago at least. Was being "teased" in like 2006/2007.

http://forum.skotos.net/forum/our-ga...75#post1760975

Comment

Here's one...I'd love teaching a skill to someone to earn the teacher a flat 0.1 sp per rank. Or, even better, 10% of the sp the learner spends. It'd help facilitate player interactions.
                              Those who are afraid of the dark have never seen what the light can do.

Comment

Working...
                              X