Christmas 2018 Wishlist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ArchMagi View Post

what about when something is white? or if you black background... black? It just doesn't work as well as you think. A game called after the plague does something like that already, it's not bad, but it's also not that great when you're seeing something that blends in with the background of your client.
    Maybe not, I've tried it...just an idea

Comment

just recode "white" items to show eggshell white or vanilla, and have black items show dark grey or charcoal. They'll be hard to read, but hey, you don't need to read the color, you get the idea real quick

Comment

That "emergency" ward in the Hospice is underused. I'd love to see severely injured NPCs spawning there, triggered by when a PC healer "is on duty."

Gladiators from the arena could end up there, with popped back knees, gushing wounds, crushed in chest cavities, etc. NPCs from around town, like bleeding caravan guards, injured constables, vomiting drunks, etc, too.

If the wounds aren't seen to, these NPCs could either despawn like Franlius soldiers do (NPC is laboriously ushered into a different ward by panicked young healers), or actually die. (NPC gasps at a last breath before succumbing to his/her wounds. The corpse is hauled away by blue clad servants.)

Comment

Wolf packs (2 or more)

Moose

Elk

Coyotes

Racoons

Opossum

Black bear

Brown bear

Beaver

Comment

Originally posted by Tweninger View Post
            Wolf packs (2 or more)

Moose

Elk

Coyotes

Racoons

Opossum

Black bear

Brown bear

Beaver
            I'd like to see the gazelle replaced in the Valley with either moose and/or elk. Considering gazelle more African savanna than what I perceive as TEC's version of The Rocky Mountains. I used to live in the Rockies in Alberta, where mountain lion (cougar), mountain goat, grizzly bear, black bear, wolves, coyotes, fox and wolverine play. Camping in the wilds was always fun and you never left camp without at least a shot gun loaded with slugs.. Also get rid of cobra's an boa for a more terrain appropriate snake like a different rattler species. Toss is grizzly bear or dire bear. Have the beaver waddle along riverbanks an whatnot. Toss in some grouse and rock ptarmigan instead of chicken an pheasant for the full Rocky Mountain feel. Be rid of moles for marmot or pika.
            I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image.
            Steven Hawkings

Comment

Originally posted by isgrimnur View Post
              I'd like to see the gazelle replaced in the Valley with either moose and/or elk. Considering gazelle more African savanna than what I perceive as TEC's version of The Rocky Mountains.
              Could also replace them with Pronghorn Antelope.
              Originally posted by Mast3rmind
              Celtor and Vladmir combined are like the Legion of Doom. Or maybe the wondertwins, although I'd be worried if Celtor was as furry as Vladmir. *nods sagely*
              Xianna exclaims to you, "And even when unconscious you still attract beautiful women, you lecher!"
              Ravenlark pats you.
              Ravenlark says to you, "I promise not to abuse you in your sleep. Much."

Comment

An option for full armor customization at one time, not piecemeal like it is now. For say 5k premium/7k basic/HAHAHA sucks to be you freebie, can get a helm, shoulder guards, squamata/hamata/cuirass and shin greaves done in a similar fashion and not have to buy each piece separately as you do now. While Belhrad and his minions have nice items, can take forever to get pieces that are anywhere close to the same colours that you want and have Gadaene additions of bows, ribbons, streamers, etc, which most of us don't want.
                I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image.
                Steven Hawkings

Comment

Interesting, so you feel rock valley is north america, while the entire game world takes place in what is equivalent to the Mediterranean? That's a heck of a trip by caravan then. I'm not saying you're wrong, just find it interesting.

Comment

I actually feel TEC more North American based in general, or Northern Europe due to the wood types, critters and humanoids available, its just based on Roman's. Trees in TEC are tall and full while trees in the Med short and scraggly looking. Most animals are northern climate animals, with the exception of a few made-up ones and the few I mentioned earlier in my posting. And the warlike bands of barbarians remind me more of the Pict's or Gael's than anything Med based for the era.
                    Steven Hawkings

Comment

The fauna is...quite a melting pot, actually, but Rock Valley has a strong South American bias. Boas and Anacondas are South American. Rattlesnakes are native only to the Americas, but that includes South America. Cobras are from everywhere but the Americas, I believe. Aside from snakes, Mountain Goats are restricted to the Rockies, but Cougars range all over the Americas and anteaters are all from South America. There are types of badgers on multiple continents. Bears are from all over the place as well.

In Iridine itself, you get capybaras (South America) in the same relatively small area with mink (North America and Europe).
                      Originally posted by Mast3rmind
                      Celtor and Vladmir combined are like the Legion of Doom. Or maybe the wondertwins, although I'd be worried if Celtor was as furry as Vladmir. *nods sagely*
                      Xianna exclaims to you, "And even when unconscious you still attract beautiful women, you lecher!"
                      Ravenlark pats you.
                      Ravenlark says to you, "I promise not to abuse you in your sleep. Much."

Comment

Originally posted by ArchMagi View Post
                        Interesting, so you feel rock valley is north america, while the entire game world takes place in what is equivalent to the Mediterranean? That's a heck of a trip by caravan then. I'm not saying you're wrong, just find it interesting.
                        Midlight could also be an imaginary world with multiple moons, gods that interact on occasion, magic and people who live for hundreds of years without aging. Just saying...

Comment

Midnight doesn't seem like the Mediterranean at all, at least not geographically.
                          Those who are afraid of the dark have never seen what the light can do.

Comment

Mel's herbs.
                            Faster recovery time from wounds.
                            Hydra..not the hail hydra kind
                            "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

Comment

- I'd love to see new accounts that have subscribed for the first time to be awarded a VC1 package. At the trial month runs out, that should be plenty of time for a new player (or an old one on a new account) to have an idea of what they'd like to roll next. A VC1 is a great, small, not too overpowered incentive to encourage subscriptions and player retention. Heck, a VC2 wouldn't be outta the question either.

- I'd love to see @END give pared down VCs to players for their old characters. Deleted time should not count. This could be calculated based on how long that character has been on a player's active play roster. If you've had a character slitting at your last slot on your premium account and you haven't played it for 10+ years, being able to @end this character for a decent VC package is like an indirect reward for your premium subscription - similar to EVE, where you are rewarded for being subscribed even if you're not logged in. The calculation could add up, to, say 10 years of active, undeleted time on your play roster, minus a 25-50% penalty = a VC6, or whatever, whether or not you've been actually playing this character.

It looks like @chop is being overloaded because of a lack of options, and has the unfortunate side effect of encouraging "Imma just walk into battle naked" behavior.

Stripped down @END VCs could die of ANY of a player's own RP choices. Die from the flu. Die from syphilis. Cough and spit up bloody phlegm at Hospice for a month. Die of a wound. Fall in battle. Fall off the Toga roof. Slit your wrists in your inn room. Walk off into the sunset. If a character RPs an amazing @END, GMs could retain the discretion to award a fully valued @chop instead.

The options are limitless, and 1) reward players for being subscribed, 2) alleviate some of the "let's walk into battle naked" attempts to get @chopped, and 3) encourage player retention by letting them trade played out oldbies for new head starts.

Let's face it - the amount of time it takes to make a character in this game is enormous. Few games are like TEC where, sometimes, you literally have to play years to see "end game." More and more games are cutting out that grind - not only for old players, but for brand new ones to encourage retention. I'd love to see VC packages awarded a little more easily.

Comment

Personally, - I love the VC Lobby.

I would love a watered down VC1 Lobby - as a starting area for ALL new toons. Maybe allow 1 per month.

100SP given in starting skill.

Couple credits for just like...starter stuff - maybe even based on nationality.

Teleports into the basement of the Ludus.

Comment

Working...
                                X