This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Player Item Suggestions

Per a player suggestion, this thread will serve as a place where players can suggest loot or item types to be added to different loot or store tables.
    GM Scolve

Helmet that covers the face without concealing your identity and not appearing completely ridiculous. Who would wear a caged helmet out of the arena.
    Perhaps nose, and cheek guards?
    A very unHalloween request.
    I would assume only available in stores.

Comment

A wearable banner mount - Franlius Reward with multiple materials - wood (low rep), iron (medium rep), silver (high rep), gold (near max rep)
      Can hold banners such as:
      A tall blue banner bearing the symbol of Iridine - Franlius Reward
      A wide golden banner bearing a <Legion Symbol such as Eagle century/Wolf Squad, etc> - Legion Forts
      A pristine white banner bearing a crimson sunburst - Just need to ensure the SoE banner that already exists will fit in the mount
      Other banners by @request, or sold at Org vendors

Comment

Loot: Unique functional armor that isn't gaudy like Behlrad's. There was a time pre-tailoring when the "top fighters" of the time would go up to Grey sands to get a newbie a fluttering green sagum cause they were cooler than 'A Sagum'. Maybe the occasional simple weapon spawn. A gemmed pommel, a linen wrapped hilt, etc. something that isn't always there but adds randomness to the world. There's too many sweaty, dirty, ripped, ugly armor choices for those who don't buy it in the shops.

I want to say every GM event should have a shiny associated with it but I know that takes additional time. I've always enjoyed the ones where I get some small trinket like a fish charm or a codex or something to remember the event by but people get greedy if you have only one shiny for the whole event. (And Lawkeepers/Temple/SoE historically have had a habit of calling it "evidence".)

Stores:
        Canvas. You can buy paint but you can't buy canvas. It drives me nuts that I can't do my art work on canvas and instead have to pretend a parchment or vellum is a canvas.
        More pets besides dogs. Behlrad has a bird. Shade had a horse.
        Mini-custom item generated shops. Base item with multiple add ons that you pick that increase the price. I.e. a tin gladius has choices of quality, blade style (serrated, polished, rusted, sharp, etched), hilt(silk wrapped, rawhide grip), and pommel (ruby, black pearl, shaped like a falcon). Takes out the randomness of Behlrad's for those who don't like purple muslin ribbons wrapped in fuscia linen bows.

Comment

Calculating tools like a calculi or abacus.

Comment

Originally posted by Ilkilyn View Post
            I want to say every GM event should have a shiny associated with it but I know that takes additional time. I've always enjoyed the ones where I get some small trinket like a fish charm or a codex or something to remember the event by but people get greedy if you have only one shiny for the whole event. (And Lawkeepers/Temple/SoE historically have had a habit of calling it "evidence".)
            I haven't been to an event since coming back, but this was one of the biggest draw backs of it. The joys of being threatened with arrest because you stripped a corpse that you killed.

But small things even with no actual mechanical value are always great for lore!

Comment

a battered leather waterskin with a silver mouthpiece
              This waterskin has been constructed of thick, tanned hide, oiled within. One flat side has been burned with the image of a ship tossed among waves. The tapered mouthpiece is capped with silver, bearing old scratches and a small dent.

a pair of stinky leather boots with holes worn through the big toes
              This pair of leather boots has seen better days. The slightly and perpetually moist leather reeks of something pungent. Thick stitches have patched several holes, but the threadbare gaps at each toe have no repairs.

a pair of bronze cloth scissors with a leaf-shaped finger rest
              You see a well sharpened pair of bronze shears, with wide, flat blades. The larger finger loop is set over a crooked handle. The edge of the loop is adorned with a tiny upturned leaf, cupping slightly to serve as a finger rest.

a dried and pressed five bladed leaf
              This browning leaf still retains some of its original olive green. While stiff and delicate, the thick veins along each of the five blades of its shape are sturdy and retain the overall shape. It smells vaguely herbal.

a single earring comprised of a silver-chain tassel
              This earring swings delicately back and forth when worn. The tassel is made of a bundle of delicate, dangling silver chains, and bound at the top by a silver cap.
              Last edited by Elowynn; 10-26-2018, 02:32 PM.

Comment

dibs on the boots.
                TRproclaim power!

Originally posted by Armataan
                Did I just get told Synodia was a better RPed character than Culexus?
                Originally posted by Bucaria
                The player of Synodia should be made a GM, he seems to have no favorites and hates everyone equally.

Comment

Originally posted by lykatos View Post

I haven't been to an event since coming back, but this was one of the biggest draw backs of it. The joys of being threatened with arrest because you stripped a corpse that you killed.

But small things even with no actual mechanical value are always great for lore!
                  For a minute there I was like "huh, I kind of remember saying that, how old is this post? oh wait a second..."

Comment

I'd like if bronze and iron caged helmets sold at Belhrads, with various designs if possible.

Comment

Shops
                      • More armor in materials that aren't bronze, high end / weighs slightly less, greaves, lorica, shield, etc
                      • All of the thigh greaves I can recall seeing at Behlrads have bows and stuff like that. Maybe, have some more plain/painted ones.
                      • More studded maces at Behlrad's, I can't recall seeing anything other than spiked in iron or above metals
                      Loot Tables
                      • Varying weapon qualities from NPCs
                      • Bandit traps - one of them could be carrying the item that was baiting the trap

Comment

I would like to see something like Belhrad's stuff put in the loot table. Even if it's super rare/only for events. Maybe the RP is Belhrad shipped it off and the caravan got nabbed. Now there's a huge brigand running around with a nice item.

The problem to me is there isn't a market for useful/nonunique stuff. Most newbies now a days are VC's and they have items and money. There was also a good bit of gear out there people didn't want from boxes. The trade in spot will alleviate that though.

I would like to see more iron on the higher end NPC's. I know it exists, but I can't think of a single iron gladius I've seen in the many years I've played. Tridents, daggers, spiked clubs are what I can remember.

With that said:

a rusted iron dagger with a poorly set gem in the pommel
                        This dagger measures nearly a foo. The blade shows spots of rust and the quillion is loose. There is a deep red gem loosely set in the pommel.

a bent iron gladius.
                        the blade of this gladius is dull gray iron. The hand guard is damaged on one side and the blade doesn't look strait anymore.

an egraved durscwood pipe
                        this pipe is crafted from a solid piece of dursc. It has carvings along the bowl that disappear as it transitions to the stem. The carvings appear to fantastical sea creatures

an emroidered blue|green|red|black|white silk neckpouch.
                        this neckpouch is finely crafted by a master. There are vines stitched into it that appear to be growing upwards.

I'll post more when I think of them.

Originally posted by Arconn9
                        First time I used Sabinus today, since my old main got Cuttongued. So was the IC event for his change; was it him getting hit in the head repeatedly by someone? Because I think he's a retard now.

Comment

a broad gray owl feather quill pen with an iron nib

Wide gray vanes splay from each side of an owl feather. It is extremely soft. Faint brown stripes stipple the length and end in thick black bars near the top. The shaft has been sliced at an angle and fitted with a thinly slit iron nib.

a yellowed bear molar hanging on a leather necklace

Complete with forked roots, this enormous tooth appears to be a molar, and is almost a third of the size of a human hand. The enamel is a translucent yellow. The valleys curving like rivers along the top of the tooth are discolored with threads of brown, and the surface itself is heavily worn down with chewing. The size indicates it came from a rather large animal.

an intricately enameled hair ornament in the shape of a peacock's tail

This hair ornament sets in with delicate comb teeth, holding up a colorful enameled design of peacock feathers against the wearer's head. The shape of the feathers curve in slightly so as to nestle among locks of hair. Bright emerald greens, rich blues, and burnished gold enamel are painted to detail each peacock quill.

Comment

A blackened towering oval shield bearing multiple scars from battle .

This shield has been darkened to not reflect light, it has two straps to be worn on the back.

An oaken/walnut/pine spear with a boison/iron/retalq/tin/tireiron with (color) tassles bearing (animal icon)

A glassy (color) stone that has been smoothed over time from water (sea glass)

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

Comment

As I think about this more, the best items are unique but not game breaking. To me the best way to do something unique but not game breaking would be things that are different than the norm. For instance a Paenula that's made from say oiled leather, a pipe made from ivory, a skinning knife made from obsidian.

Unique/altered everyday items is the way to go.
                              Originally posted by Arconn9
                              First time I used Sabinus today, since my old main got Cuttongued. So was the IC event for his change; was it him getting hit in the head repeatedly by someone? Because I think he's a retard now.

Comment

Working...
                              X