Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Open Forums for Mechanics Questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Open Forums for Mechanics Questions

    This forum is simple, post your lesser known mechanics questions and hope they get answered!

  • #2
    Can anyone post a list of moves that have a bonus to hit?

    Punch having 50+ I think is one..

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Tweninger View Post
      Can anyone post a list of moves that have a bonus to hit?

      Punch having 50+ I think is one..
      Dude, isn't that practically all skillsets with a stance? :\

      A woman in a shiny boison helmet with an absurdly tall dome says to a ram in Cineran, "Oh yes, hit me now, you bad bad bad sheep."
      A woman in a shiny boison helmet with an absurdly tall dome is stunned.
      A ram bumps roughly into a woman in a shiny boison helmet with an absurdly tall dome with its head!.


      “Everybody in this country should learn how to program a computer... because it teaches you how to think.” - Steve Jobs

      Comment


      • #4
        Are we looking for a GM to answer said questions? Here are a few that I can guess at but not actually create a valid test for.

        At which rank does critical hit intensity cap, or does it ever?
        What does willpower actually do, besides the rumors from lowered damage to increased erections?
        Which stats bonus crit quality and/or frequency for certain weapons.
        Do the puzzles in the worm temple still function, or are they as horribly broken as I suspect they are?
        Is there a way into the resting place, or is it closed for good?
        Did anatomy lore just vanish, or was it actually thrown back in the gameworld as promised years and years ago?

        Comment


        • #5
          does city sneaking/ stalking function in the woods if so why isnít there a hunting lore same.
          "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Kered View Post
            does city sneaking/ stalking function in the woods if so why isnít there a hunting lore same.
            There is a forest version of sneak (hunting lore skill) that at least 2 PCs know, but I'm told by them it's buggy. This probably isn't a skill you're going to get your hands on and I'm not entirely certain it was ever supposed to be given out. There is no equivalent of stalk, and I've never attempted to stalk someone into wilderness.

            Sneak was nerfed to balance things because it's already extremely difficult to find someone who has a few ranks of woods hide. It used to be commonplace for bandits to hide in the junk dealer's place and sneak all the way to the boulder. The current balance seems pretty fair. If someone gets 3 steps on you in the oaks they're gone unless you're extremely lucky and the recent changes to search being speed and room size dependent makes the odds of catching them even lower. Adding sneak would make it almost worthless to even attempt.

            Comment


            • #7
              Thank you, I may now be jealous
              "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Tweninger View Post
                Can anyone post a list of moves that have a bonus to hit?

                Punch having 50+ I think is one..
                Fun trivia: back in the old days it was much higher than that (close to +100-110). As ridiculous as the old Sky Circle Slash (+70) and Sky Circle Rake (+120) when they were first released at max level, if I remember correctly. Wish I would've kept notes. Defeating Adroytus in a blood spar with more or less 1000 ranks compared to his million ranks at the time was hilarious. Thankfully they were toned down.

                No clue about today, I'm completely out of the loop, but it's something that's really easy for you to test. If there's a number that you can see somewhere in the equation, you can test it.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Lantraste View Post
                  Are we looking for a GM to answer said questions? Here are a few that I can guess at but not actually create a valid test for.

                  At which rank does critical hit intensity cap, or does it ever?
                  What does willpower actually do, besides the rumors from lowered damage to increased erections?
                  Which stats bonus crit quality and/or frequency for certain weapons.
                  Do the puzzles in the worm temple still function, or are they as horribly broken as I suspect they are?
                  Is there a way into the resting place, or is it closed for good?
                  Did anatomy lore just vanish, or was it actually thrown back in the gameworld as promised years and years ago?
                  1. More ranks = better crit quality typically 150-200 + ranks will max out your crits. Once you hit 100 you'll see improved crit quality.
                  2. Willpower effects knock downs, stuns maybe some other stuff, a mysterious and under rated stat, hard to prove what it actually truly does.
                  3. Strength and dex seem to effect crit quality the most.
                  4. unknown to me.
                  5. " "
                  6. Anatomy lore is likely gone for ever, don't hold your breath.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Tweninger View Post
                    Can anyone post a list of moves that have a bonus to hit?

                    Punch having 50+ I think is one..
                    Stepping spin and Dsweep have big bonus' - Spinstrike seems to have a nice bonus.
                    whips slash I think has a bonus, ankle trap I think just bypasses most blocks.
                    Punch, kick, I think a lead and cross from pank as well has a nice bonus.
                    I think spears stepping stab has a bonus.
                    Several of the gladius styles I believe have bonus', back in the day it was Rarch, kslash, hidden thrust, rapid strike
                    knives have nothing except pushaside, some of the stuff in CKF has a bonus but it's situational stuff like wrist slash.
                    2h axes I think have a bonus to stepping slash.
                    Tridents maybe vital jab or the new pvital unsure.
                    Cestus I think has a good uppercut



                    That's all I can think of right now.


                    Comment


                    • #11
                      tridents vital anything doesn't come with a bonus to hit.
                      quick rake does, and I think pierce, since it's easier than other skills of equal difficulty.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Someone explain bonus to hit to me? Is this above and beyond the rank bonus?
                        Those who are afraid of the dark have never seen what the light can do.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by The_thief View Post

                          1. More ranks = better crit quality typically 150-200 + ranks will max out your crits. Once you hit 100 you'll see improved crit quality.
                          2. Willpower effects knock downs, stuns maybe some other stuff, a mysterious and under rated stat, hard to prove what it actually truly does.
                          3. Strength and dex seem to effect crit quality the most.
                          4. unknown to me.
                          5. " "
                          6. Anatomy lore is likely gone for ever, don't hold your breath.
                          Thanks, but they were really intended for staff. You're posting rumors and conjecture that nobody has really had a way to test. For example, I believe 251 to be significant for critical hit quality. Started getting kills with a move 4-5 times a bar that previously wouldn't kill at ~235. The stats that effect quality seem to vary between weapons. I don't expect to ever get a clear answer from staff, but in the spirit of the thread thought I'd ask.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Catuluscaesar View Post
                            Someone explain bonus to hit to me? Is this above and beyond the rank bonus?
                            To put it as simple as possible:

                            Some skills have 'hidden' bonuses that you cannot see. Rank bonus is a simple calculation of Ranks (1-10 x 3 + 11-30 x 2, + 31-50 x 1, .. etc.) + (Ranks in Basics * Skills Difficulty) * Stance Modifier (berserk, aggressive, normal, wary, defensive) * Fight command (fight toyingly, sparingly, etc.). Now some skills also have Weapon Stances which give an additional bonus to that attack based on your ranks in that stance up to a maximum. These do not show up in your Rank Bonus. There are also some attacks that will have generally small to hit bonuses that do not show up on the Rank Bonus and are not tied to a Weapon Stance bonus. These skills generally have pre-reqs to use, but not always.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Lantraste View Post
                              Do the puzzles in the worm temple still function, or are they as horribly broken as I suspect they are?
                              There was a GM in the WA not long ago -- Sceadu, I believe -- who stated something to the effect of "It appears that there are still puzzles that can be solved in the Worm Temple, however the last time I looked at it the code was so convoluted and hard to understand that I gave up on trying to figure it out."
                              [Success: 95, Roll: 5] Pharse swings a cestus-covered fist sideways, lashing out at you with the blades of his weapon, but misses. You use the broad head of your short whip to knock aside the attack with a brute-force swat.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X