No announcement yet.

Open Forums for Mechanics Questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One day I'm going to have a character skilled enough I can actually explore the worm temple. I've always wanted to see if I could solve the puzzles, a little disappointing that the code has become so screwed up in that place. Maybe at some point it could just be closed, have the code mostly destroyed and just recreated from scratch.

Comment

Pretty sure, myself, Copen's player and Meth's player at one point was down there for like 4 months straight
      "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

Comment

Originally posted by TEC_Ghuan View Post

To put it as simple as possible:

Some skills have 'hidden' bonuses that you cannot see. Rank bonus is a simple calculation of Ranks (1-10 x 3 + 11-30 x 2, + 31-50 x 1, .. etc.) + (Ranks in Basics * Skills Difficulty) * Stance Modifier (berserk, aggressive, normal, wary, defensive) * Fight command (fight toyingly, sparingly, etc.). Now some skills also have Weapon Stances which give an additional bonus to that attack based on your ranks in that stance up to a maximum. These do not show up in your Rank Bonus. There are also some attacks that will have generally small to hit bonuses that do not show up on the Rank Bonus and are not tied to a Weapon Stance bonus. These skills generally have pre-reqs to use, but not always.
        Thanks much.
        Those who are afraid of the dark have never seen what the light can do.

Comment

I was also down there for a very long time, and I can only say that I've figured out one small thing about the only puzzle I've found that is still supposedly solvable. The other puzzle that can be found I believe requires the first puzzle mentioned to be solved and possibly another. Which if it does, I don't know where that puzzle is.

I have an extensive excel sheet that contains all room and visible item descriptions for the entire temple, yet despite this I've been unable to determine the combination to the puzzle. About a year ago, a GM saw me trying to figure out the puzzle and mentioned that he was going to try to simplify the code behind it as he had a general idea of what the original coder was trying to do, but wasn't sure if it was working as intended. Unfortunately I never heard back on if that GM actually accomplished this goal, so I'm unsure if the many many hours I've spent there experimenting have been in vain.

Comment

Cestus spike slash used to have a +120 to hit. Lol I also beat Adro just using that, stab and backhand.

Comment

Can retaql be reforged?
              "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

Comment

Originally posted by Kered View Post
                Can retaql be reforged?
                Originally posted by Tale View Post

Only metal weapons (i.e., weapons that can be sold to npcs for their base metal) can be reforged. So not things like capped quarterstaves (because they are wood, and can't be sold to bronze/iron dealers).

And Retalq cannot be reforged

This is what Tale posted in 2014. As far as I heard, reforged weapons are -not- as crazy as they used to be at the start in 2005-06?, but don't take my word for it. Haven't tested any of them. Back in those days, it used to be tin/bronze/iron and -possibly- alanti although I can't validate that one. Boison and retalq were never allowed. Iron weapons did more damage back then than boison weapons when they were reforged too.

Comment

Boison can be reforged.

Whips get no love and canít be reforged or blessed.
                  #WhipsGetNoLove

Comment

Originally posted by Syden View Post
                    Boison can be reforged.

#WhipsGetNoLove

Thanks for the correction. The real question: is the damage boost significant or so minimal it isn't worth it?

Comment

Originally posted by Syden View Post
                      Boison can be reforged.

#WhipsGetNoLove
                      Neither do brawling/pankration. No way to get your hands and feet tattooed with runes to be better.

Although that'd be a little unfair if you could, because other weapons could theoretically be stolen, and it's not like you could chop off a character's hands to nullify that boost if it ever came.

Comment

A superior quality boison gladius that was reforged had a slight damage advantage over a retalq gladius. A base superior weapon that is reforged doesn't go up in quality so there is a slight damage bonus for having one of these worked on. A base excellent quality (or anything lower) will get a quality increase so the extra damage bump isn't there and the comparison to retalq is less significant. I can't recall the exact number shift for damage increase. I believe it was something around 25 points, meaning if you got a devastating cut rolling 50 over before reforging then you would get it at 25 over after. Maybe someone will post the right number if that's not it.

Is all of this worth it? Depends on the weapon and the character's stats. If you have maxed speed and retalq available, probably better off with retalq. As long as stupidity like a boison dagger being slower than an iron mace exists this will probably hold true.

Comment

Originally posted by Lantraste View Post
                          A superior quality boison gladius that was reforged had a slight damage advantage over a retalq gladius. A base superior weapon that is reforged doesn't go up in quality so there is a slight damage bonus for having one of these worked on. A base excellent quality (or anything lower) will get a quality increase so the extra damage bump isn't there and the comparison to retalq is less significant. I can't recall the exact number shift for damage increase. I believe it was something around 25 points, meaning if you got a devastating cut rolling 50 over before reforging then you would get it at 25 over after. Maybe someone will post the right number if that's not it.

Is all of this worth it? Depends on the weapon and the character's stats. If you have maxed speed and retalq available, probably better off with retalq. As long as stupidity like a boison dagger being slower than an iron mace exists this will probably hold true.
                          The damage bump is different based on the type of weapon. Axes for instance I notice about a 10 point difference between reforged excellent quality and reforged superior. The reforging process in the first place gives about 25, so it's a 35 point increase for reforged superior.total. However a gladius or spear may have different numbers for these -- at least according to a post I vaguely remember from a GM stating the damage increase is scaled off of base damage

Comment

Working...
                          X