X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Staves are fine. #StavesEnvy2019
    TRproclaim power!

Originally posted by Armataan
    Did I just get told Synodia was a better RPed character than Culexus?
    Originally posted by Bucaria
    The player of Synodia should be made a GM, he seems to have no favorites and hates everyone equally.

Comment

Iím actually disappointed Synodia hasnít got staves nerfed since your good at everything else get to it!
      "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

Comment

We're traveling and I'm responding via my phone, so apologies for any typos.

Please don't take umbrage with Pranzor, as he is only stating what I've requested: leave combat updates alone until traits are completed. A death of a thousand paper cuts or micro nerfs has lead us to many less than desirable outcomes over the years, and I would like us to *avoid* similar situations going forward.

We are almost ready to share the list of proposed traits. We've been coding and testing them for viability and function, and they're almost ready for feedback. So the "just do it now, it'll take forever to wait for traits" argument isn't a valid one.

I'd also like to ask we don't start with this "ermagherd, it's the Old Way rearing its head" rhetoric when you hear "not right now" as an answer. It's not "no, nope, heck no" - it's, let's take our time and do this right. If this is, indeed, something people feel has been broken "for years", another couple of weeks while we fix a larger system that will impact basically everything shouldn't cause Rome to burn

We are, as we have been, open to feedback about everything. I have answered every DM, request for a convo, feedback, bell ring, email, etc. Sometimes, due to work, I have to say "now isn't a good time", but I've never said "nope, don't want to hear it." I've sat in the WR to chat, as have other GMs. We are listening, we are interested in what you have to say, but we aren't going to rush through changes to appease people. Again, death of a thousand paper cuts is something we are actively trying to avoid.

tl;dr combat changes will be after traits; traits are almost ready to share for your approval.

Comment

Thank you I have complete faith in you, happy vacation take mountain pictures!
          "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

Comment

Originally posted by Siddhe View Post

Please don't take umbrage with Pranzor, as he is only stating what I've requested: leave combat updates alone until traits are completed. A death of a thousand paper cuts or micro nerfs has lead us to many less than desirable outcomes over the years, and I would like us to *avoid* similar situations going forward.

We are almost ready to share the list of proposed traits. We've been coding and testing them for viability and function, and they're almost ready for feedback. So the "just do it now, it'll take forever to wait for traits" argument isn't a valid one.

I'd also like to ask we don't start with this "ermagherd, it's the Old Way rearing its head" rhetoric when you hear "not right now" as an answer. It's not "no, nope, heck no" - it's, let's take our time and do this right. If this is, indeed, something people feel has been broken "for years", another couple of weeks while we fix a larger system that will impact basically everything shouldn't cause Rome to burn

We are, as we have been, open to feedback about everything. I have answered every DM, request for a convo, feedback, bell ring, email, etc. Sometimes, due to work, I have to say "now isn't a good time", but I've never said "nope, don't want to hear it." I've sat in the WR to chat, as have other GMs. We are listening, we are interested in what you have to say, but we aren't going to rush through changes to appease people. Again, death of a thousand paper cuts is something we are actively trying to avoid.

tl;dr combat changes will be after traits; traits are almost ready to share for your approval.
            While I appreciate your feedback and input on the matter here, I still don't get why it's being brushed under the rug.

Whatever combat tweaks you guys will do later on down the road, this -1- change will still need to happen. It's an inevitable change. All of Syden's suggestions on his previous point are pretty valid. He's wanting to take the time and effort to make them all work, and that'll take a long time and effort on the GM's to make sure that happens, without any inbalances in the system. Take a look at the first two bullet points in his post. He, and pretty much every playing customer of yours, is asking for the round times to be increased.. I don't think it's a big request for something to finally get fixed. If I could buy scissors for 10 denar, and sell them in Monlon for 30 denar, 1000 at a time. It'd be fixed immediately. If I could dsweep and sspin back to back before my opponent gets out of their round time, it should be fixed immediately. I'm not sure if this is an oversight, or if it's actually intended, but I'm pretty sure that the overwhelming majority of the playerbase complaining about staves, for years now, should give a pretty good indication that it's likely not working as intended.

I'm glad you're working on traits. We're all glad. The playerbase complained heavily for a couple weeks and you're making it right, by taking the time to do something that wasn't really effecting the gameworld right then and there. It was a change that would have effected a lot of characters, on a longer time scale.

We're asking for this change to be fixed now. We've complained heavily for years instead of weeks, and it literally effects us, right now. Why the brushing under the rug.

The house is still burning, and you have the hose Siddhe. Put the flame out please.

Comment

Originally posted by Tweninger View Post
              If I could buy scissors for 10 denar, and sell them in Monlon for 30 denar, 1000 at a time. It'd be fixed immediately.
              I agree with everything except this part... bandages were sold for years without a fix LMAO.

Comment

Thanks for using some crucial accountability and crucial communicating skills. I do appreciate that aspect of things. The curiousness of new traits is there- the question will be the implementation of things. Like are we replacing the traits we have had for 19yrs-- or will this all be new character based traits? -- if your on vacation please go enjoy it answers will wait.

Originally posted by Siddhe View Post

blank kills you with blank's bare hands.
                You are slain.

Comment

But we've already got all these torches and pitchforks out...

In all honesty, the diplomacy and transparency is appreciated, as is the hard work towards the trait system and everything else. I have full faith staves will be adjusted in good time.
                  I'm not sure if you can keep this up, but it's a damn sight better than what we're used to. I'm eager to see what direction the game will take.

Comment

Did they ever fix rolling rise from giving free openings when you sweep people?

Comment

No, and that was always my main complaint. I understand the need for sweep to have a purpose in pvp, but it's really strong right now. My suggestion was to leave the chance for opening, but completely remove the chance for completely failing the rolling rise. That would tame the dsweep combos quite a bit

Comment

Yeah, that was ultimately what did it for a couple people I know who just up and quit once that mechanic was added. My goal of taking the stave on my previous main was solely to get the weapon nerfed and prove a point. I took ankle trap to 1000/1000 and switched to staves after whips were made practically useless, trained for two months and was top tier again with a brand new weapon. It was quite ridiculous. I do like the changes that are coming to the trait system, but that's not going to fix the main issue with staves.

I don't think leaving openings on a rise is necessarily a bad thing, but my focus became to actually make people rise so I could sweepstrike or dsweep a low opening, or extort mid/high openings appropriately. On slower reacting opponents I was able to punish a high opening twice due to the ridiculously fast RT of staves. It was really neat tactically, but no other weapon has mechanics that rival it. Combat just got really boring for me, despite high-tier PvP already kinda being that case anyways.

I think the RT is really what needs to be looked at in terms of staves. You shouldn't be firing back to back triple hitters in 1+mos with an iron-capped, that's just ridiculous DPS/crit rate.

I miss the BRP, you guys all had your disagreements, but at least you all seemed to want what was best for weapon balancing.

Comment

Originally posted by lykatos View Post

I agree with everything except this part... bandages were sold for years without a fix LMAO.
                          And then on the other end of the spectrum, Kevin "fixed" BC iron swords after about 2.6 minutes.
                          Ephaelion says to you, "I can just picture in my head the grandmaster brigand locksmith spending days jamming repeatedly one such coffer, thinking 'They will all pay when they open it and find only a sen inside'"

Danasei says to you, "What is this reference to a flower other than daisies!? I DO NOT LIKE IT."

An urchin with tattered large sacks on his arms runs through the area, clutching a flint-tipped spear yelling, "Rue! Rue! Rue!"

Comment

Working...
                          X