Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ryzen
    replied
    IMO Jab is still the bomb diggity across all skillsets. Besides weak damage and poor crit quality, at least it hits. Don't quote me on this, but I think that stab and twist also increases jab damage. I tossed out all my notes, so I can't remember diddly squat.

Leave a comment:

• Ariden
    replied
    I'm actually in agreement with swords being fine where they are. My main is a glad user and was without a style for almost a RL year and their damage sucks. Like Phillipe said OHS is essentially homework ranks for your toon and you should think of it like that. You get easy attacks and your blocks out of it, which are used in all three styles. The nice thing about easy moves is that if you are needing to hit someone with high defenses the RB works in your favor. It's obviously not how you will win in PvP but it is a good space filler for your power moves, which you should get from your skillset.

I haven't played Avros, and don't think I will, but I think you should leave the openings on some of the moves in the skillset but balance that with higher levels of damage. Make it a risk vs. reward scenario. That way you pick your opportunities to hit with your homerun hitter, if it's not level 5 it should be.

Leave a comment:

• Ciaran
    replied
    Originally posted by Kered View Post
    Data testing Spears 20 ranks basic ten subs vs 555 basic and over 150 subs iron spear and wooden spear vs boision superior and reqalt good gladii on bandits spears win . Iíll gladly bring anyone to witness. I will also set up a log since data trumps opinion .
    Ranks wont effect the actual 'tier' damage for either of those weapons. Just increase the critical 'severity' aka increase more crippling criticals, so on. So, I dont see the point of the whole 20 ranks basics thing.

Also, do you actually think a sword should really do as much damage as a spear anyway? You want to complain about Avros damage lacking versus Nelsor and Pard, I will agree with you, but lets not bring spears into this. It's a big ass polearm thats normally slower than the average top tier weapon and severely lacking slash defense.

Leave a comment:

• Kered
    replied
    Data testing Spears 20 ranks basic ten subs vs 555 basic and over 150 subs iron spear and wooden spear vs boision superior and reqalt good gladii on bandits spears win . Iíll gladly bring anyone to witness. I will also set up a log since data trumps opinion .

Leave a comment:

• TEC_Ghuan
    replied
    "I see unarmed breaking bones,staves crushing skulls, Ohs faint wounds."

If you bring topics like these up for discussion, you need to be able to back that up with data. Swords are weak compared to what? What damage are they able to do at max strength, with what weapon, with what attack vs other weapons. You need all of that info along with success/roll otherwise there's nothing substantial to argue about. Without actual data these discussions are meaningless.

On another note, lots of weapons have slower options that will do a lot more damage. Perhaps swords could have something similar where you lose 1 second, but you get a decent boost to damage. I've heard that boison gladius does this, but that the DPS isn't appropriate. Maybe a slight upgrade in damage there could be enough to have more damage potential, but again, I don't have the data for the gladius to make any actual informed opinion about it.

Leave a comment:

• jkidd
    replied
    Faint wounding and small bruises seem illogical , since rank factor or strengths have zero bearing nor does weapon where other weapons do, a damage increase is logical nor will these four easy moves that are blocked easily by every weapon break pvp
    The OHA easy moves and OHS easy moves i think are very similar. The damage is the same but i believe OHA just has higher armor penetration.Maybe modifiying crit/armor penetration is an appropriate step. However, the OHS styles are really where the damage should be. OHS is a defensive skillset and meant to be used w/ a style.

Leave a comment:

• Kered
    replied
    Faint wounding and small bruises seem illogical , since rank factor or strengths have zero bearing nor does weapon where other weapons do, a damage increase is logical nor will these four easy moves that are blocked easily by every weapon break pvp

Leave a comment:

• jkidd
    replied
    I don't think OHS min damage needs a boost. It's 4 easy attacks + 1 average attack (no one consistently uses lunge/side strike). Those moves don't need a boost and it doesn't make sense to boost them or add another move. Rupert's suggestion is good but i don't like taking a perk of one style and adding it to all of them.

Sap might need a tweak but it's been a while since i played around with it. If it was tweaked it would probably be for accuracy or stun time.

Leave a comment:

• PhilippeCP
    replied
    We are not friends.

Leave a comment:

• Kered
    replied
    Your soul will have to hurt Iím on an iPad at work yelling at the forums.

Leave a comment:

• PhilippeCP
    replied
    Stab and Twist (automatic) (easy)

While not an attack outright, this technique adds a measure of ruthless effectiveness to the standard stabs and thrusts most Pardelians are known for.
    That's a creative solution Rupert. I like that.

Kered Would you mind doing me a favor? Could you rename this thread to be capitalized OHS? It hurts my soul.

Leave a comment:

• Kered
    replied
    Both OHS min damage needs an increase Iím not even suggestion over the top but itís terrible, Avros has a stance that should buff avros damage I donít need another move i would like not having to hope for a knock down to do standardize damage

Leave a comment:

• Rupert
    replied
    How would either of you feel if, like Pardelian, Avros and Nelsor got a 'stab & twist' type move? That is, a move within a style skillset, that gives a small buff to specific skills within your OHS skillset. Do you think that would make the difference you suggest? What else do you think would need to be included?

Leave a comment:

• Kered
    replied
    my feelings are we are required to have another layer of defense {shields} to be even comparison. between rotation block,whirling block etc that cover every area (this is me being dramatic) and we have to have the shield to cover missing holes plus a damage subskill. Yes a bump in easy damage that canít hit anyways

Leave a comment:

• PhilippeCP
    replied
    What's the damage of sidestrike like? Is it level 5? What's its crit quality like?

4/6 attacks in OHS are easy moves. (I'm not counting sword sap or sword lunge). Sidestrike is average but requires two hands.
    Easy moves will typically do lower damage because they're easier to hit. Are you saying you want the easy moves in OHS to be brought up to level 4 damage?

I don't think the intention of OHS is to have great damage. If it did and we were -still- able to the go into a subskill for even better or more rounded damage, plus utility, I would imagine that would quickly spin us out of control.
    I've always understood the trade between polearms and OHS+Shields is the spearmen, stavesmen, and two-handed axers get more damage at the cost of a layer of defense. If we follow that and bring OHS damage on par, or even a step below polearms I don't think we're left with something fair.

... While Avros is a bump [in] damage [its] openings are complete trash, other than whirling strike and r strike the damage is equally low.
    This is why I'm asking you to consider a world in which Avros is brought up to par with the remainder of the sword subskills and other offensive skill sets.
    You 100% have my vote and confidence when you say that the openings are garbage. It's an absolutely frustrating experience both PvE and PvP. I'm surprised it's taken me this long to get sick of it. I actually think a lot more of you for keeping with it as long as you have - a lot longer than me. I know this isn't a thread about Avros so I won't go into the changes I think it might require outside of the openings you mentioned.

I'm glad you've brought this up because I'll be doing a video for the wiki on OHS soon.

​​​​​​​Thanks again,

Leave a comment:

Working...
X