Announcement

Collapse
1 of 5 < >

Forums Reversion

The cloud server that hosts the main Skotos web site and the forums experienced a hardware failure on Saturday morning that unfortunately led to severe database corruption. Several attempts to restore it failed.

This led us to our backups, but the timing was a bit unfortunate. Since the failure occurred on a weekend morning, we didn't see it until after a new backup occurred, which contained the corrupted data, and which removed our previous daily backup. This forced us to our weekly backup, which was unfortunately at the end of its time: six days old.

So, the forums are back, but we had a six-day reversion.

This should not have affects on the rest of the site, since the majority of our data is saved in our main-user-database or our games, all on remote machines.
2 of 5 < >

Forums REversion

The cloud server that hosts the main Skotos web site and the forums experienced a hardware failure on Saturday morning that unfortunately led to severe database corruption. Several attempts to restore it failed.

This led us to our backups, but the timing was a bit unfortunate. Since the failure occurred on a weekend morning, we didn't see it until after a new backup occurred, which contained the corrupted data, and which removed our previous daily backup. This forced us to our weekly backup, which was unfortunately at the end of its time: six days old.

This should not have affects on the rest of the site, since the majority of our data is saved in our main-user-database or our games, all on remote machines.
3 of 5 < >

Forums REversion

4 of 5 < >

Forums REversion

5 of 5 < >

Forums REversion

See more
See less

New Trait Suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd also suggest that has a RP sink, you can pay RP to remove negative traits. Something expensive at first. 1k RP for each 1 point of negative trait.

Comment

I seem to remember the GMs setting a deadline of Thanksgiving for new traits. It's onto January now with no word. Can we maybe get an update or progress report pretty please Siddhe ?

Comment

I will be addressing this in a larger note soon, though I can share that the National Lores that go along with the traits were recently sent over for final review, so we are getting closer to a full release.

Comment

#NewTraitsWhen?

Comment

Originally posted by PhilippeCP View Post

This is incredible. It's one of the ideas that's gotten me the most excited about this game in a long time. I was spitting out ideas about this on the Legion Discord and I thought I might share them.

I would take Born Leader on Lapis if I got the choice. Really any PvE centered character of mine. The flat bonus to attack is nice. It could also be something to do with assisting critical hits at random times.

I'd like to see an IG representation of it. Nothing too spammy but definitely something to help me validate my choice of trait and (of course) to know that it's actually working. IG echos should be turned off if the character is masked/hooded/faceplated.
            • "Inspired by Lapis' critical you feel a surge of energy!"
            • "Partnering with Lapis' positioning you feel the impact of your critical strike has been improved!"
            • "Following up on several small openings made by Lapis you feel you can read the flow of combat a bit better."
            Alternatively the echos could represent 'mini-feints' that are time-sensitive but would impart a larger bonus rather than a flat overall bonus.
            • "Locking eyes for an instant with Lapis you get the feeling she's preparing a timely strike low."
              • "You catch Lapis and Hoenheim making eye contact in the heat of battle."
            • "Lapis' forces a thug to overextend, leaving his midsection more vulnerable!"
              • "Confidently parrying Lapis' strike you suddenly feel you've exposed yourself."
            Naturally I leave it up to people who know things to figure out frequency, how many numbers to move around, whether this is only effect in PvE or PvP, if it affects both should values remain the same, if these are two different traits, and if this is viable.

I should also mention that even though I am commenting on a combat trait I do love the idea of the non-coms getting some love during this trait revamp, however; I want to echo what Lantraste wrote that combat-lovers originally pushed for changes here and I can't wait to see what comes of all of this.
            I still want this so bad. I lose sleep to it.

Comment

Working...
            X