Announcement

Collapse

Skotos Forums Closing: September 30

The Skotos Forums are officially closing on September 30, 2020. They will go read-only on that date, and will be removed entirely sometime afterward.

We encourage the games that spun off of Skotos to create new discussion mediums of their own, and some have already done so. But the centralized discussions for Skotos will soon be a thing of the past (just as the centralized Skotos site is).

We've also posted a goodbye message to the community on our main page, which you can find here:
http://www.skotos.net/goodbye.php
See more
See less

Shield Sweep Penalty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shield Sweep Penalty

As I got brutally ravaged by a staver again w/ 3 limbs disabled, I wondered, why does wielding a shield suffer a penalty vs sweeps in 2020? The penalty had to have been implemented in times when sweeping was perfectable and there wasn't a dsweep. Now it just feels unnecessary and cruel to shield users. Please re-evaluate. Thanks

Are you sure the penalty wasn't that you were carrying a significant load? Or that you just weren't good enough compared to their sweep? A lot of stavers take sweep to ridiculous levels.

Comment

Yes, there is a penalty for wielding a shield when being swept. I'm surprised you are not aware of this as i thought you knew a lot about combat.

Comment

#shields should matter more vs sweeps, traps etc not be penatlized
        "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

Comment

Originally posted by jkidd View Post
          Yes, there is a penalty for wielding a shield when being swept. I'm surprised you are not aware of this as i thought you knew a lot about combat.
          I've never USED a shield before. I don't actually know about the inner workings of stuff I've never used. Only what I've been told.

Comment

Because the GMs want everyone in Iridine to wield a pole-arm of course! They're ever so useful, you can lean on them, hit people with them, oil them, push the suddenly rampant stinky people away from you with them, or pick the lint out of your toenails without bending over with them!
            Last edited by mr_unlucky; 08-07-2020, 05:24 PM.
            "It's still magic even if you know how's it's done." - Terry Pratchett

Comment

It's great to see my posts get removed, rather than the real questions answered. But cool, great use of your time guys.
              Argued with GM Tale on forums.
              Character wakes up with 2hp and 2 fatigue, mangled face.
              Skotos didn't care.

Originally posted by Elowynn
              It's not a good sign if glenh makes more sense than you, L.
              Originally posted by Tale
              My apologies to Glenh.

Comment

Working...
              X

Debug Information