Announcement

Collapse

Skotos Forums Closing: September 30

The Skotos Forums are officially closing on September 30, 2020. They will go read-only on that date, and will be removed entirely sometime afterward.

We encourage the games that spun off of Skotos to create new discussion mediums of their own, and some have already done so. But the centralized discussions for Skotos will soon be a thing of the past (just as the centralized Skotos site is).

We've also posted a goodbye message to the community on our main page, which you can find here:
http://www.skotos.net/goodbye.php
See more
See less

rank bonus stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rank bonus stuff

just wondering what you all think on this topic since ive had this idea for a while and am now able to poll people on it hope i'm doing this poll thing right
    left alone
    65.71%
    lifted slightly
    28.57%
    lifted greatly
    5.71%
    Ephaelion says to you, "I can just picture in my head the grandmaster brigand locksmith spending days jamming repeatedly one such coffer, thinking 'They will all pay when they open it and find only a sen inside'"

Danasei says to you, "What is this reference to a flower other than daisies!? I DO NOT LIKE IT."

An urchin with tattered large sacks on his arms runs through the area, clutching a flint-tipped spear yelling, "Rue! Rue! Rue!"

rank bonus cap?

What do you mean by rank bonus cap? There technically is no cap on rank bonus since you can selftrain and keep pushing it up.

Comment

I think that what he means by 'rank bonus cap' is this: as you rank up, the bonus for those ranks decrease. Personally, I think the 'limit' should be raised a bit. Not too much though, just a bit.
      [Success: 5, Roll: 88] You twist slightly, throwing a straight strike at a brute with the palm of your rear hand. Critical Hit! A shriek from a brute marks the deep pierce by your right hand to a brute's groin.

Gorathos:
      If Chuck Norris played TEC, he'd be Ibios.

Attica:
      No he wouldn't you idiot. He'd be Praxum.

Comment

yes, what I mean by the 'cap' is that when you rank up more and more the bonuses you get are less and less. I chose the word cap because from ranks 80 and up you get like .1 rank bonus every trained rank. since its such a minimal bonus its almost like a cap. I myself think that the restrictions should be raised slightly due to enemies like cineran raiders and the like. I think its kind of rediculous that even the very best who have likely been around a while and have worked their tails off get wooped by them.

If it werent for our great numbers we attack them in we'd be dead
        Ephaelion says to you, "I can just picture in my head the grandmaster brigand locksmith spending days jamming repeatedly one such coffer, thinking 'They will all pay when they open it and find only a sen inside'"

Danasei says to you, "What is this reference to a flower other than daisies!? I DO NOT LIKE IT."

An urchin with tattered large sacks on his arms runs through the area, clutching a flint-tipped spear yelling, "Rue! Rue! Rue!"

Comment

I think its perfect how it is for the moment, and should be left alone. Well apart from the Bow skill....I think I am going to give up on my Bow char because its just TOO boaring, I am not botherd about doing repetative things like palm or hit a dummy but only if it gets you somewhere....and although shooting the target does EVENtually get you somewhere its just not far enough...or maybe it is..WHO KNOWs

Comment

Rank Bonus system

Details about the way the rank bonus system works and is calculated is at the TEC Combat website.

So far, the model that complies with all the data I have is the following:

After rank 50, you gain .5 in rank bonus for each rank you train. For each rank bonus you have in basics, .75, .5, or .25 of that number is added to each of your subskills depending if it's an easy, average, or difficult move (respecitively). (if it's a combat move, the rank bonus is further reduced by stance)

Personally I feel the "cap" is fine as the way it is. If you dislike gaining only .5 per rank, you should consider training in the subskills themselves or ACM moves like Combat Guarding, Recovery, etc. I find it hard to believe that a lot of people are running into the "cap" in all of basics, each attack in their cycle, and ACMs, and when they do, still have problems fighting NPCs (and no, I don't think not being able to fight a Hyaspist one on one is a valid complaint, how easy do you want the game to be?)
            - David
            "Don't suck!"

Comment

Working...
            X

Debug Information