Announcement

Collapse

Skotos Forums Closing: September 30

The Skotos Forums are officially closing on September 30, 2020. They will go read-only on that date, and will be removed entirely sometime afterward.

We encourage the games that spun off of Skotos to create new discussion mediums of their own, and some have already done so. But the centralized discussions for Skotos will soon be a thing of the past (just as the centralized Skotos site is).

We've also posted a goodbye message to the community on our main page, which you can find here:
http://www.skotos.net/goodbye.php
See more
See less

killing blow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• killing blow

just wondering if anyone can answer this for me since ive been gone a while... have any changes been made to killing blow recently? because killing blow with my character Nicarus takes 3% from endurance now instead of the usual 1% Just wondering whats up with that.

thx in advance

-Z
    Ephaelion says to you, "I can just picture in my head the grandmaster brigand locksmith spending days jamming repeatedly one such coffer, thinking 'They will all pay when they open it and find only a sen inside'"

Danasei says to you, "What is this reference to a flower other than daisies!? I DO NOT LIKE IT."

An urchin with tattered large sacks on his arms runs through the area, clutching a flint-tipped spear yelling, "Rue! Rue! Rue!"

Sp?

I have another complaint about killing blow. For the last 2 weeks, my main character no longer gets any sp for using killing blow. Is this a bug, because I've proclaimed and reported to no avail.

Comment

Oi!!

I haven't got SP for killing blow in about three months.

I've talked numerous times to GMs about it as well... nothing.

Comment

Look what I've learned...

I mean no offens but the GM's can ussually answer quesions, not fix them. They have a complicated job. So I learned to Proclaim : Any GM's around? first so thatI never have to waste time typing out question. And on a lighter note, I think bruce is the most helpful person on the staff. Then it goes digger, beamer, scott,japes, jenn. Jenn doesn't count though cause she is never around.

Comment

Hmmm

I don't agree with you Genes. I don't think you should rank the GMs that spend most of thier lives working on this game for us. Jenn is always there, maybe she just doesn't want to answer your questions, think of that? You have to think that they are sooo busy doing events, helping others, and basicly keeping the game running as we see it now.....we can not go aganist the GMs like that, and no ranking them. Each of them do thier own thing. Like Bruce, he is a programmer along with Pat. THey have diffrent tasks.....rethink before you flame on the GMs.....
          -Michaell

Comment

Jenn

I had a chat with Jenn just the other night. So I know she is around. If you ask the GMs the same kind of questions you ask in the forums, is it any wonder you don't always get an answer?
            --Thomas King--Lucius--
            "Well I Ain't Evil, I'm Just Good Lookin' "
            Alice Cooper
            "This Is Beetle, Is As Bad As Can"
            Beetlejuice
            "It takes guts to run away, you know. Lots of people would be as cowardly as me if they were brave enough"
            Rincewind

Comment

Why do I get flamed so much...

Ok I rated them as helpful to me... not everyone else. And I know for a fact that Jenn isn't around as much as the rest ofthem because I know her in person. I was not saying who is better I said who is the most helpful. Ok so lay of the flaming. I like um all.

Comment

When my character uses killing blow, nothing out of the ordinary happens. I earn the typical amount of skill upon a successful killing, and I use a typical amount of fatigue to do, the same as if I was using a regular weapon attack.

Perhaps when you see a reduction of thee fatigue percent, you are not taking into account any thoughts you might have been broadcasting, which now uses two fatigue percent each. Perhaps you have an extremely low endurance (or whatever the appropriate attribute is). Perhaps you are low in hit points, or are extremely weighted down with stuff--both of these things will cause you to use up fatigue very quickly. In fighting, look to make sure you are bearing no greater than a signigicant load, preferably a moderate load or less.

Before ya cry "Bug!" verify that these other instances are not occuring.

-Swoosh
                *Swoosh

Let there be a season when no one rakes.
                When everything that falls
                drifts with ordinary wings.
                -from a poem on the walls of the bus

Comment

i dont know what to think it is but it now fluctuates from -1 to-3 i have around 70 pounds all the time (which is well in moderate) hardly use think, my endurance sure as hell better not be switching on me.... and i get a few scrapes, not enough to cause any significant hp loss. Maybe when its dark you try harder to kill stuff? I really dont know. Any other factors anyone knows might affect the energy loss from killing blow?
                  Ephaelion says to you, "I can just picture in my head the grandmaster brigand locksmith spending days jamming repeatedly one such coffer, thinking 'They will all pay when they open it and find only a sen inside'"

Danasei says to you, "What is this reference to a flower other than daisies!? I DO NOT LIKE IT."

An urchin with tattered large sacks on his arms runs through the area, clutching a flint-tipped spear yelling, "Rue! Rue! Rue!"

Comment

SP for Killing Blow? Surely you jest!

I never thought to check in the way old days before Puni learned ACM, but I figured that like any other skill (at that time anyway) if you knew the command you could use the skill but you wouldn't get any SP.

Since learning ACM it only takes him a 5 and even if I roll a 6 or 7, the sp gain is slight.

I never really understood why the success number got so low. He already had ACM to rank 10, but it still seems like it should have dropped more gradually.

Not like I'm complaining though, I love killin' em as soon as they drop . I always thought that was more realistic anyway.

------------------------------------------------
                    Puni's Player
                    ------------------------------------------------

Ignorance is curable, stupidity is typically terminal.

Comment

Here's a question I would like answered if anyone can. A friend and I where hunting and was just curious. He's rank 8 in ACMs and 1 in killing blow. I'm rank 50 in ACMs and 1 in killing blow. We were both bearing moderate loads and in berserk. His success to kill a thug is 15 with his spear. Mine with the exact same spear is 23. Is there a stat that affects how effective you are with killing blow? I mean there's a huge difference on how good we are in ACMs. Why it it so much easier for him? I'm not really complaining about it, I'm just very curious as to how this works though.
                      ~Lyrad: The old knivesman.~

Comment

Working...
                      X

Debug Information