Announcement

Collapse

Skotos Forums Closing: September 30

The Skotos Forums are officially closing on September 30, 2020. They will go read-only on that date, and will be removed entirely sometime afterward.

We encourage the games that spun off of Skotos to create new discussion mediums of their own, and some have already done so. But the centralized discussions for Skotos will soon be a thing of the past (just as the centralized Skotos site is).

We've also posted a goodbye message to the community on our main page, which you can find here:
http://www.skotos.net/goodbye.php
See more
See less

Lack of concentration and traits in general

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lack of concentration and traits in general

I'm writing this post over two things, one being the trait lack of concentration, the other being editing traits.

First off, after trying the lack of concentration trait out, I've found that the stun time is rediculously high. I was expecting maybe double the normal stun time, however, it turns out that it is nearly 4 times the normal stun time from what I have experienced. That's a bit excessive in my opinion....

And on the other issue, I wanted to propose the ability to change your traits for a certain rp cost. Something that would work like the command to add traits to old characters, but this one would remove the old and add new ones. Just a thought.
    "You don't need to kill him or anything. Just give 'im something to think about on the way to surgery."

"Any day you have to take a bath and go to bed early isn't a day off in -my- book."

"We've got to contend with vortexes and light speeds! Anything could go wrong! Of course we need to wear goggles!"

- Calvin and Hobbes

Well... It is a -2 point trait, so it should be pretty harsh. Look at the other traits that are -2, some of them are pretty bad as well.

As for using RP to change traits... I think you should be allowed to get rid of old negative traits for very large amounts of RP. I don't know how many would be a good amount. But if you can run an obstacle course to raise your strength, there should be no reason you can't remove Frail Build as well. Or work to remove your stuttering.

You can already buy Citizenship with RP, so being able to gain traits with RP isn't a radical idea.
    Lovecraft Country: Albert Zero
    Castle Marrach: Cody the Blade

StoryCoder Azrael tells StoryHermit Death, "I *did* get told "you're amazing" by a girl when I was saucing my hotdog..."

Comment

Atama, just to let you know, Citizenship doesn't fall under the traits and doesn't take up a space on you characters traits list, so if it does on yours talk to a GM cause it shouldn't i spoke to Japes and got mine changed. Thanks again for that Japes
      <Atilian thinks aloud: See Ya'll>

Atilian says to you, "The master passes with the passing of the old system, it's time for a new master to take the light. A new system to excel in, only one can hold the name of 'Eternal Combat Master' I pass that guantlet on to you now." He folds his arms and gives you a long hard look as he asks, "Are you warrior enough to take the challenge?" He smirks arrogantly then continues, "Or are you just another rookie?"

Comment

Citizenship is a trait. It's a nationality trait, not one you can pick with points. But it's a trait nonetheless. Just like Parcines Warcry or Altene Ways.

StoryCoder Azrael tells StoryHermit Death, "I *did* get told "you're amazing" by a girl when I was saucing my hotdog..."

Comment

no citizenship is not a trait.
          *Is the most electrifying Gladiator in blood sports entertainment history*

Comment

Fine, it's called an "Automatic National Advantage", but that's just semantics. It's still a trait even if you don't call it that. Fundamentally it works the same way as a trait.

All I was saying is that there is an example already of a trait, or something very similar, that you can gain with RPs. Therefore there's already a precedent set for other traits being gained with RPs.

Comment

Citizenship

I thought Citizenship counted as a national trait as well, and when the traits were first released it did, but when I retrofitted my character, it didn't count anymore. So, obviously the GMs changed it, which was a bonus for me.

Later...BlueSlate

Comment

Working...
              X

Debug Information