Armor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Armor

What's the best type of armor set in your opinion these days?

Why are any type of gloves useless?
    Hates butterflies

Wear rings under gloves.

Ailell wears a phylax, banded leggings, lorica hamata, belt, two rings and gloves, sandals and if he wants to cover his tattoo, some shoulder pteryges.

Granted that is by no means the best or wisest. Holes everywhere. But I see it like faceplates. There is always some part of your body only covered with leather at best, unless you have inhuman strength.

So I use armor to cover where I percieve are my weakest points, defence wise. If somebody can get through places where I haven't armored, I shouldn't be fighting them (apart from chops).

Also, think about the personality of your character. Unless it is a suicide mission I'd never have him wear a helmet as he's much too vain to cover his hair. Sandals instead of boots as he never goes to the sewers where he has worry about muck getting between his toes.

Best of luck.

Comment

Forgot about rings. Thanks, good plan.
      Hates butterflies

Comment

get Glads, nelsor, avros, ACMs, and shields. Train all your blocks and dodges to insane ranks. Then just wear a loincloth, a pouch, a faceplate, an iridine wall shield, and your gladius.

Comment

Roll a thief with inhuman perception, Night Vision, and preferably a good agility and speed mixed into it. Then avoid fighters altogether. The best protection.
          Relevant to most forum threads.

Comment

Pfft, armor

Dragaxus wore a tunic, mud-spattered boots, his famous shredded breeches, leather cuirass, leather leggings, a toolbelt, a ring, and paenula (for thieves), towering oval shield (when not wielding it).

The best armor is a good defense. *nods*
            A woman in a shiny boison helmet with an absurdly tall dome says to a ram in Cineran, "Oh yes, hit me now, you bad bad bad sheep."
            A woman in a shiny boison helmet with an absurdly tall dome is stunned.
            A ram bumps roughly into a woman in a shiny boison helmet with an absurdly tall dome with its head!.

“Everybody in this country should learn how to program a computer... because it teaches you how to think.” - Steve Jobs

Comment

Drags is also too short for non-dwarfs to hit.
              Relevant to most forum threads.

Comment

Heh.

Hey... isn't he also dead?

*packs on more armor*
                This space intentionally left blank.

Comment

No not dead. Although has died many, many times Although he can be pretty hard to hit, depending on the weapon of course.

And I'ma hunt down and kill all the people that called him short. Take my revenge! Mwuahahahaha!!!!
                  A woman in a shiny boison helmet with an absurdly tall dome says to a ram in Cineran, "Oh yes, hit me now, you bad bad bad sheep."
                  A woman in a shiny boison helmet with an absurdly tall dome is stunned.
                  A ram bumps roughly into a woman in a shiny boison helmet with an absurdly tall dome with its head!.

“Everybody in this country should learn how to program a computer... because it teaches you how to think.” - Steve Jobs

Comment

Well, before I stopped playing Retalq, he wore slightly different than what everyone else here posted.

Here's what he wore:

heavy bronze helmet
                    heavy hide cuirass
                    heavy fur leggings
                    two iron bracers (MVG issue)
                    wildcat pelt gloves
                    silver ring
                    iron-studded belt
                    stiff pteryges
                    leather shoulder pteryges
                    black leather boots
                    small leather sheath
                    scabbard ( regular or black scabbards work better than the gilded bronze ones I noticed)
                    purple silk MVG cape

Top it off with his lantern and shield and two gladii and a little bit of money and field bag, and he sat at around 55 lbs or so and nothing rarely went through his armor. If I had bumped down to a buckler and dropped one of my gladii, it'd be even less than that. I found raider armor does the best. The lorica is great and cheap, but weighs a bit, so I did some looking around and experimenting to find better combinations that protected nearly as well, but for less weight.
                    Hey, remember me!?!

Comment

Baracchi wears as follows:
                      A tunic
                      A large sack

Comment

Aisly scorns armor. If her Cineran blade mastery doesn't crit someone into oblivion fast, she runs. She also doesn't mind getting roughed up some in a fight. That's part of the pure adrenaline rush of combat for her. Everyone tells her she's stupid, but it's perfectly consistent with her personality. Inhuman reasoning doesn't mean she has to be a genius in all respects at all times. When she fights alley scum, both her and the victim tend to bleed quite a bit. The bloodshed, her own nearly as much as the other person's, is pure joyous exaltation for her... so long as she wins in the end.

Aschiva wears an old bronze cuirass, an iron-studded belt, hobnailed boots, banded leather leggings, leather greaves, stiff leather pteryges and one of those amusing tarnished bronze helmets from Tolbick's shop in the Steps. Not good armor, but she isn't willing to spend money on fighting equipment when dance performance props are more important in terms of her actual job.

Comment

For Seracen its:

Brown leather military boots
                          Banded leather leggings
                          Studded leather belt with a bronze buckle (they absorb more than the iron ones from the steps)
                          Lorica hamata
                          Studded black leather pteryges (fantastic waist protection)
                          shoulder pteryges
                          Bronze visored helmet
                          A thick ring made from copper.
                          Hoplite greaves

Once I get his strength up a bit at the courses, I'll probably add shoulder guards to it. I was debating getting a faceplate, but I may just try and get good gloves that provide better hand protection, instead.

His kit adds up to around 55 pounds or so, and other things he wears adds an additional 7 pounds.
                          Go here. Y'know you want to.

"I'm the hand up Mona Lisa's skirt. I'm a surprise, Kevin. They never see me comin'." - Al Pacino, The Devil's Advocate

It's scientific fact that intelligence is directly proportional to the number of idiots you piss off.
                          Originally posted by Japes
                          To quote Bruce, "Ego sum rex Romanus, et super gramattica."

Comment

Tracers armor before I deleted him-
                            Muscle Cuirass
                            Mail shoulder guards
                            left thigh greave
                            Right thigh greave
                            studded belt
                            studded belt (number 2)
                            Left shin greave
                            Right Shin Greave
                            leather gloves
                            Iron Ring
                            Iron Collar
                            Leather helm
                            Bronze Helm with a tall Crest
                            Leather ptergyes
                            Leather Shoulder Ptergyes
                            Leather breeches
                            Studded leggings,
                            Armillus
                            Armillus (number 2)
                            Leather tunic
                            Black Cinerian military boots
                            Yes Inhuman strength was sweet...
                            Again I wonder what exactly i was thinking before i deleted him...

Comment

Lets see, my knifers wears:

A heavy set of bronze-plated dark green armor
                              Set of plain leather greaves
                              Plain leather shoulder pterygyes
                              Fur-lined leather pterygyes
                              Fur-lined leather boots
                              And... a sagum... yes... a sagum

Sagums actually blocks vermin like rats and osecars very well, or of course, stuff off the island
                              <b> ! </b>

Comment

Working...
                              X