go plank, perception
    go path, speed
    4-parter
    jump rope, dexterity
    go path, agility
    go track, endurance
    go coals, willpower

[/code]
    I was at the 4 part course earlier and I got this message.
    "You have a feeling this course has no more to offer you at this time."

Does this mean that the courses have some kind of soft cap each week or something to prevent people from overstaying there?

Comment

Originally posted by AshrammIX View Post

Does this mean that the courses have some kind of soft cap each week or something to prevent people from overstaying there?
      A character only starts with 10 "potentials". You can only gain 10 stats through the courses.

After that you have to buy more with RPs.

Comment

Originally posted by AshrammIX View Post

It means you have to spend RPs to increase your character's training potential.
        Basically every stat is on a scale of 1-200 with the word levels representing roughly 10 point intervals. Once you max out your character's potential, you buy 10 point allocations that you can increase potential with, then you can run the courses again to fill those 10 points.

Generally it's much easier and efficient to forgo buying stats potential and just train up the stats skills (reflexes/grip/footwork/etc.) which act as substitutes to actually having the stat. Learning these skills to 90 ranks is equivalent to having the corresponding stat at 171ish (exceptional word level)
        Of course Strength and Endurance don't have stat skills, so those can only be worked on the courses through RP expenditure.
        Spectatum veniunt, veniunt spectentur ut ipsae.

-- Ovid

<Iason thinks aloud: HELP!>

Comment

Originally posted by krisslanza View Post
          A character only starts with 10 "potentials". You can only gain 10 stats through the courses.

After that you have to buy more with RPs.
          At best 10 "potentials"...I have had vet characters with only 5.

Comment

You shouldn't have had vets with any. Vets auto-complete all of their potentials.

And 5 on non-vets only happened if you took steady hands/nimblefeet/etc. And was a bug that was SUPPOSEDLY fixed years ago. Although I haven't tested if it was actually fixed.

Originally posted by VinianQuartz
            HAIL CULEXUS

Comment

Originally posted by Armataan View Post
              You shouldn't have had vets with any. Vets auto-complete all of their potentials.
              This statement is false now (was true, but only because of some chargen oddness that was corrected several months ago).

Please kep on topic as this is a stickied "help" thread. In a few days, I'll delete all the off-topic "fluff" in order to help people find topic-related content in the future (read: commands they'll want to know about). Before I amde my recent post, I deleted about half the posts in the thread, just so I could sort through and find the actual commands listed, so I knew what not to repost.

I really don't want newbies and the like having to read pages upon pages of back-and-forth that has little-to-nothing to do with helpful commands. Don't get me wrong, some of it is good to know, and good discussion. Just needs to be moved to it's own thread.
              Game Master Tale
              Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad. Creativity is putting tomatoes in a fruit salad to make mango salsa. Philosophy is wondering if that means ketchup is actually a smoothie. Common Sense is knowing that no, ketchup is not a smoothie.

Comment

Originally posted by Armataan View Post

And 5 on non-vets only happened if you took steady hands/nimblefeet/etc. And was a bug that was SUPPOSEDLY fixed years ago. Although I haven't tested if it was actually fixed.
                I rolled a char and only got 5 increases in dex. I took steady hands.

Edit: he was rolled in the past 6 months or less.

Comment

What in the heck is that command to break down all the SP you've spent in your skills and stuff?

Comment

Originally posted by krisslanza View Post
                    What in the heck is that command to break down all the SP you've spent in your skills and stuff?
                    @sp-count
                    But it just shows total SP in that skill set. Which includes SP earned by skill use and SP earned by unlearning.

Comment

Huh?

Found this on the commands list, what does it do?
                      :uuddlrlrba
                      The gods don't just grant their favours [sic] that easily.
                      Nothing much to say.

Comment

You forgot to hit start afterwards.
                        Wombat responds from afar, "Allupindat Booty is probably less acceptable than President Clinton."
                        Tale responds from afar, "Downs Endrum? Really?"
                        Arconn9 in "Best gladiators of all time project" thread - Wehttam (for beating Rizer,Drexus and like 5 other characters with a bow in the first Gladiator fights I ever been too and when we were are all newbie characters, just for that time lol)

Comment

Good ol' SNES
                          Ephaelion says to you, "I can just picture in my head the grandmaster brigand locksmith spending days jamming repeatedly one such coffer, thinking 'They will all pay when they open it and find only a sen inside'"

Danasei says to you, "What is this reference to a flower other than daisies!? I DO NOT LIKE IT."

An urchin with tattered large sacks on his arms runs through the area, clutching a flint-tipped spear yelling, "Rue! Rue! Rue!"

Comment

Originally posted by masterz View Post
                            Good ol' SNES
                            up down up down left right left right a b a b select start
                            A woman in a shiny boison helmet with an absurdly tall dome says to a ram in Cineran, "Oh yes, hit me now, you bad bad bad sheep."
                            A woman in a shiny boison helmet with an absurdly tall dome is stunned.
                            A ram bumps roughly into a woman in a shiny boison helmet with an absurdly tall dome with its head!.

“Everybody in this country should learn how to program a computer... because it teaches you how to think.” - Steve Jobs

Comment

Don't know how I forgot that. I am officially too old for fun. I shall begin chasing children off of my lawn.
                              Nothing much to say.

Comment

Originally posted by masterz View Post
                                Good ol' SNES
                                The "Konami code" was for NES wasn't it?
                                I remember it for Gradius.

Link
                                Blessed is the man who, having nothing to say,
                                abstains from giving us wordy evidence of the fact.

Comment

Working...
                                X