X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Collecting

Thought this should be included here:

You can use collect to empty containers into another. Here I show collecting the pouches, and then collecting their contents:

Quote:
    collect pou from <1-2> thug
    You begin to collect.
    You take a simple leather pouch from the corpse of a thug.
    drop pou
    You drop a simple leather pouch.
    You take a stiff leather belt pouch from the corpse of a thug.
    drop pou
    You drop a stiff leather belt pouch.
    You finish collecting.
    collect contents <1-2> pouch into my sack
    You begin to collect.
    A simple leather pouch has nothing in it.
    A stiff leather belt pouch has nothing in it.
    You finish collecting.
    The other thing, is you can use a 'skinned' argument to skin several corpses. Example:

Quote:
    collect skinned <1-2> rat
    You begin to collect.
    [Success: 1, Roll: 56] You skillfully remove a pelt from the corpse of a large brown rat.
    You are no longer busy.
    [Success: 1, Roll: 57] You skillfully remove a pelt from the corpse of a large brown rat.
    You finish collecting.
    You are no longer busy.

collect skinned meat from <1-2> rat
    You begin to collect.
    [Success: 1, Roll: 46] You skillfully remove some raw meat from the dismembered corpse of a large brown rat.
    You are no longer busy.
    [Success: 1, Roll: 80] You masterfully remove some raw meat from the dismembered corpse of a large brown rat.
    You finish collecting.
    You are no longer busy.
    Nothing much to say.

Comment

Tip of the day:

@color

49 different colors for all your need to make your text customized.
      Blessed is the man who, having nothing to say,
      abstains from giving us wordy evidence of the fact.

Comment

Originally posted by Raphael View Post
        You can do

Get random from <container>
        Thought this was something I didn't see here.

Comment

I couldn't find anything with a search based on "stow", so wanted to double check.

I realize its a bit lazy, but is there anything other than the generic stow command? I know I can "stow sack" etc for a catch all, but I'm wondering if I can do something like this, without setting up macro's.

"stow knife in sheath"
          "stow weapon in my 1 sack"
          "stow 2 sack"

Now my knife always defaults to my sheath, my weapon defaults to my first sack and other stuff defaults to the 2 sack

Comment

It would be really nice to have a specific option under the @request menu for talking to NPC's, or arranging meetings with them. Small interactions that allow people back into establishments or the chance to make a mends are something that can be handled every day and go a long ways towards improving player experiences.

For example, something like this would be great for my main character, who has been banned from Septima's bar for nearly 4 RL years, and has very little hope of actually correcting that despite being part of the crime organization that protects the area.

Meetings and pushing forward storylines use to be the realm of open RP nights, but the tasks involved often take little more than a few minutes. I personally would love to see a list like this attended to daily, or at least every other day.
            Originally posted by MrSelfDestruct
            I thought it was just a rumor that it was all number-crunching and competitive training in a game with no logical endpoint since characters are ostensibly immortal and can always get better.

You mean it's true?
            Originally posted by Phwoar
            Maybe I'm just becoming some tea-sipping hippy, or maybe I'm sour because my main uses cesti, but, why sacrifice a character idea for the sake of some hypothetical edge in some imagined combat situation in the distant future?
            Originally posted by Elowynn
            Rupert is like the Snowden champion of TEC.

Comment

Originally posted by Scyrah View Post
              I couldn't find anything with a search based on "stow", so wanted to double check.

I realize its a bit lazy, but is there anything other than the generic stow command? I know I can "stow sack" etc for a catch all, but I'm wondering if I can do something like this, without setting up macro's.

"stow knife in sheath"
              "stow weapon in my 1 sack"
              "stow 2 sack"

Now my knife always defaults to my sheath, my weapon defaults to my first sack and other stuff defaults to the 2 sack
              does this really work? cuz I couldnt get mine to make it so.

Comment

Only in the basic context.

stow <container>
                This sets your preferred stowage. You cannot set it for types of items or for individual items.

Comment

That being said, if you have an accessible sheath (worn) and you take your knife from it. The knife will automatically attempt to be put back in said sheath when it is put away to make room in hand. I believe scabbards behave the same way, and I thought they made belt hoops and baldrics do it but I haven't tried it.

Sheaths for sure

Comment

Isnt there a command that will make you put your weapon away first before a shield? Like when your holding a shield and a weapon and you try to pick something up, it will put your shield away first, but I want to keep the shield wielded and put my sword away first instead when i try to pick something up. I thought I read something about that, but cant find it.

Comment

PREF-I?NHAND <item>

Comment

Originally posted by Herdias86 View Post
                        PREF-I?NHAND <item>
                        This has been disabled until item-vanishing kinks have been worked out.
                        Apologies for the inconvenience!

great lol, thanks though

Comment

I brought up the pref hand and even the stow command bugs. Reported them as well. A while ago.
                          Argued with GM Tale on forums.
                          Character wakes up with 2hp and 2 fatigue, mangled face.
                          Skotos didn't care.

Originally posted by Elowynn
                          It's not a good sign if glenh makes more sense than you, L.
                          Originally posted by Tale
                          My apologies to Glenh.

Comment

@hp doesn't work anymore? or do i have the command wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by PhilippeCP
                              @ commands

It turns out my @idle command was set annoyingly low. I would disconnect on people all of the time. I can't count the amount of ferry's I've waited for and missed.

But thanks to Tale (!!) I learned of the @idle command.

Which brings me to wondering what else am I doing wrong? That's my base. I'm doing something wrong.

Is there an updated like of @-style commands? Or could I revive this thread a little to get that type of info? I'll do my own looking around of course.

Thanks for the help!
                              funnily enough there's a fairly new @command-search which helps find commands. "@command-search @" for instance shows all commands with the symbol @ within them.

Edit: I know you already know about this command, more for those who might not.. like me not long ago

Comment

Originally posted by PhilippeCP
                                Re: The issue you quoted me a out.

Turns out my @idle was set just fine. I was still disconnecting every ~25 seconds. Elowynn's player suggested getting a new router. I held off hoping I could find a solution with Skotos so I wouldn't have to sink the money into new hardware. In the end it's what solved the issue though.

Otherwise yeah. @command-search is GREAT. THough even it doesn'the find all commands.

PCP

oh word its lit

Comment

Working...
                                X