X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ToothlessRebel
    replied
    Maybe this should have been realized with the ac . and match . but matching appears to accept at least a subset of regular expression patterns. I'm not sure I've yet figured out a great use for this but things like take t[ou]+ will match toothlessrebel. The specific count modifier like to{2} doesn't seem to work. Brackets, dots, parenthesis, question marks, asterisks and addition signs all seem to work as expected. The patterns requiring a backslash, like \w don't seem to work either.

Leave a comment:

• GinaDana
    replied
    Frowning too!

Leave a comment:

• Irisa
    replied
    8) - Ha! That's it!

Thanks.

I use the smile and wink ones all the time, just couldn't remember this one.

Leave a comment:

• Stonespyder
    replied
    Originally posted by Irisa View Post
    You can add a smiley emoticon to your text to smile when you speak. Example:

>"mon Your pants are on backwards.
    You smile to Mondan, "Your pants are on backwards."

Are there other emoticons you can add to your speech-text? I feel like I recall being able to grin something this way, but if that was possible, I seem to have forgotten the associated emoticon. doesn't work.
    Wink works, too.

>"mon Do I get a discount? ; )
    You wink to Mondan, "Do I get a discount?"

Leave a comment:

• Ilkilyn
    replied

>"mon Your pants are on backwards. :)

Are there other emoticons you can add to your speech-text? I feel like I recall being able to grin something this way, but if that was possible, I seem to have forgotten the associated emoticon. :D doesn't work.
    Um... it's been like that ever since the game was created... took you this long? 8) And yes, that's why I use and 8) all the time in chat rooms, emails... regular mails..... I can't help it now... 8) is grin by the way

My wife says my smileys revoke my manhood.... darn TEC

Leave a comment:

• Irisa
    replied

>"mon Your pants are on backwards. :)

Are there other emoticons you can add to your speech-text? I feel like I recall being able to grin something this way, but if that was possible, I seem to have forgotten the associated emoticon. :D doesn't work.

Leave a comment:

• Ilkilyn
    replied
    Also great for searching areas using "match ." you'd be surprised how much stuff may not show up in the basic room description in places like the worm temple. Also I've found . generally goes People in the area > stuff in your hands > things in the general area > things on you. So if you "put . in sack" after a cat walks in, you'll likely be trying to stuff the cat in the bag.

Leave a comment:

• Irisa
    replied
    Originally posted by Elowynn View Post
    AC .

(Don't forget the period.)

I've been using the dot (.) more lately. Sharing some additional examples here in case others find them useful. There are probably other places this could save you from having to type a lot.

targ .
    Sets you up to target any other creature/NPC in the area. Useful when hunting alone. Probably not good if you're hunting with other PCs.

get . from corpse
    Loot whatever's on the corpse without needing to specify the item name.

put . in <container>
    Put whatever you last grabbed into a container. Useful combined with the command above.

Leave a comment:

• ArchMagi
    replied
    bury the hole it's in.

Leave a comment:

• Elowynn
    replied
    AC .

(Don't forget the period.)

What's the command to extinguish a campfire?

Leave a comment:

• Tyril
    replied
    What is the command to see who is approached to you and whatnot? Think it shows stunned too.

Leave a comment:

• ToothlessRebel
    replied

Managed to figure it out: tend <person> thorough. Thanks for the tip about not using thoroughLY
    Bleh, you're right. Been a while since I used it and wasn't in game to try it. Sorry I got it wrong. That's embarrassing for me.

Leave a comment:

• Irisa
    replied
    Originally posted by ToothlessRebel View Post

diagnose thorough <person>

It's NOT thoroughly.
    Managed to figure it out: tend <person> thorough. Thanks for the tip about not using thoroughLY

Leave a comment:

• ToothlessRebel
    replied
    What's the command for tending or diagnosing someone "thoroughly"? The one where you get a longer roundtime, but you find out more detailed information about what's wrong with the patient.

I can't seem to remember, and haven't been able to find it on the forums or wiki.
    diagnose thorough <person>

It's NOT thoroughly.

Leave a comment:

• Syden
    replied
    Diagnose?...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X