Announcement

Collapse

Skotos Forums Closing: September 30

The Skotos Forums are officially closing on September 30, 2020. They will go read-only on that date, and will be removed entirely sometime afterward.

We encourage the games that spun off of Skotos to create new discussion mediums of their own, and some have already done so. But the centralized discussions for Skotos will soon be a thing of the past (just as the centralized Skotos site is).

We've also posted a goodbye message to the community on our main page, which you can find here:
http://www.skotos.net/goodbye.php
See more
See less

Newspear move.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newspear move.

Spear jab and stab

Prerequisites: 20 spear stab 20 spear jab

Can be done with Cavalry, or any other spear the has a spike on it's butt end.

You stab jab at a thug with the tip of your cavalry spear. Then in a quick motion you flip the spear around your arm and stab at a thug with end if your spear.

Something to that effect. I'm not greatest with descriptions.

Anyways...yeah.

Spears are already strong enough as they are, they don't need another skill. Don't use the "well, we don't have any double-hitting moves" argument, because it simply doesn't work.

Love is not lost, it dies like all things do...Buried in the backyard where a lone dove cries and waits for broken wings to heal...to fly again someday.

Comment

Spears could use another move for melee. Either a new move or an old move that has its range expanded. Honestly, I would think the best solution would be for round strike to be made as either long range or melee (it would probably have to be modified slightly). It's a good compromise.

Comment

Originally posted by Huisden
        Spears are already strong enough as they are, they don't need another skill. Don't use the "well, we don't have any double-hitting moves" argument, because it simply doesn't work.
        Geesh someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed. I'll mention new moves all I won't, and you can deal. I'm just saying a double move would be nice. Do I care if we actually get one? No. Would I like one? Yes. Another close range move would be nice. And if I think of any other moves I'll post em...*mutters*

And I could care less if it's double...I was just lying in the baths and thought of it.

Comment

I always thought a sweep and strike would be nice for spears, though the damage would have to be kinda weak for a move like that.
          Go here. Y'know you want to.

"I'm the hand up Mona Lisa's skirt. I'm a surprise, Kevin. They never see me comin'." - Al Pacino, The Devil's Advocate

It's scientific fact that intelligence is directly proportional to the number of idiots you piss off.
          Originally posted by Japes
          To quote Bruce, "Ego sum rex Romanus, et super gramattica."

Comment

As far as I know, there already was a double hitting move for spears. It was a custom, so that's why you don't see it now a days. But yeah, there has been a two hitting move for spears before.
            Originally posted by Palewhite
            No, what's dragged these forums down is the gay ass finger pointing. But that's not on topic. Go bitch somewhere else.

Comment

Spears already have a ton of advantages. Are you nuts?

Comment

Originally posted by Marnevel
                Spears already have a ton of advantages. Are you nuts?
                As opposed to whips and glads?
                Konoha ga Renge wa Nido Saku ~ The Lotus of Konoha, Blossoms Twice

Kevin responds from afar, "hard to resist those milfs...mothers i'd like to fork."

Comment

*gets whupped by spearsmen regularly*

Spears are fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Evanix Vaestrus
                    *gets whupped by spearsmen regularly*

Spears are fine.
                    Which instance? Sky Circle gives a 5 - 70 bonus automatically depending on roll, neck trap only triggers duck, and shield high, ankle trap only triggers jump. Rake is iridiculously hard to block and dodge, as is Sky circle slash, particularly because of the +5 -70 bonus that sky circle gives it. Only thing spears have against whippers, is weaponstrike. In which whippers, have have 4-5 unchecked (unblockable moves) against them. There's also the fact that rake doesn't require a rotation at all, to use. Nor does a weaponstrike stop it (Apparently you can use a rake, even if you aren't wielding the whip in your hand, so long as you did the sky circle before)

In an aggressive battle thats suicide for the spearman. Heck, even in a normal one its still suicide since one layer in normal, does nothing against the bonus of sky circle. But I hate nerfing so much, I haven't said anything against whips, or any other weapon. I'm more than willing to accept where whips are, just so nothing else in this friggin' game gets nerfed.
                    Konoha ga Renge wa Nido Saku ~ The Lotus of Konoha, Blossoms Twice

Kevin responds from afar, "hard to resist those milfs...mothers i'd like to fork."

Comment

Apparently you can use a rake, even if you aren't wielding the whip in your hand, so long as you did the sky circle before
                      Untrue.

I'm more than willing to accept where whips are, just so nothing else in this friggin' game gets nerfed.
                      Who's talking about nerfing? I just said spears are fine. Whips are fine. Gladius is -at least- fine. Knives are fine. Tridents I'm unsure of, not enough really good tridenters around to know. Clubs could probably use something. Staves are fine if the custom moves are included, Bows are fine, axes are okay, if a bit boring, they could probably use some spice. Cestii seem to be doing alright etc etc.

Truthfully, more complaining is done about perceived weapon balance issues than they really merit. We're doing pretty good all around lately.
                      LOTS of people in the US are mentally retarded - Miriam

Iridine's finest gladiator stable:
                      http://xfuj.com/tec/cl/

Comment

Well, to be fair to the cestus:

The to hit penalties that almost every move suffers are savagely unbalanced. I know the cestus is supposed to be an exotic weapon but toning down some of those penalties would help just a wee bit, in my opinion.

"I'm the hand up Mona Lisa's skirt. I'm a surprise, Kevin. They never see me comin'." - Al Pacino, The Devil's Advocate

It's scientific fact that intelligence is directly proportional to the number of idiots you piss off.

Comment

IF a move was to be implemented, and if it was a double-hitter, a Double Jab would make more sense. This one is simply clumsy and awkward for the spear-wielder. Do you know how hard it would be to rotate a metal cavalry spear fast enough to land both of your strikes there, and not get stabbed in the torso 20 times before you get the second hit in? It'd be a very daring, and very stupid, man with a spear to try that one.
                          Relevant to most forum threads.

Comment

Yeah, point to Blackening.

I could see you combining butt smash with jab or stab for a two hit move, maybe.

Comment

It could be a slash and butt smash since you could just keep rotating the spear around to hit with the smash after the slash. This might not make sense here, but it does in my head, and thats what matters.
                              "Ohh, I'm totally going to pwn so many n00bs today!"

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information