No announcement yet.

Minor Changes as found by players

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chargen seems to be fixed now. Or at least a whole lot less buggy.

Comment

• Posting this notice here, because I don't want to bump the 'Server Maintenance' post by Sceadu from the top spot, since that info is more important.

Please check the last post in Minor Changes (I've edited to include some new changes), or read the *news forum IG with forum for the recent changes.
      Game Master Tale
      Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad. Creativity is putting tomatoes in a fruit salad to make mango salsa. Philosophy is wondering if that means ketchup is actually a smoothie. Common Sense is knowing that no, ketchup is not a smoothie.

Comment

• Kudos to whoever fixed this!!! Passivewield will now remove your cestii when you are told to do so but law enforcement.

Comment

• Setups Drunken Approach no longer approaches target A while remaining approached to target B.

Comment

• This change made me QQ

Comment

• Originally posted by Rinduck View Post
              This change made me QQ
              Well I mean... you expected what with half the plated characters using it to train on the Colosseum sands?
              Clearly not its intention. Maybe it should also make you be drunk to use it.
              A woman in a shiny boison helmet with an absurdly tall dome says to a ram in Cineran, "Oh yes, hit me now, you bad bad bad sheep."
              A woman in a shiny boison helmet with an absurdly tall dome is stunned.
              A ram bumps roughly into a woman in a shiny boison helmet with an absurdly tall dome with its head!.

“Everybody in this country should learn how to program a computer... because it teaches you how to think.” - Steve Jobs

Comment

• Originally posted by Dragonus View Post

Well I mean... you expected what with half the plated characters using it to train on the Colosseum sands?
                Clearly not its intention. Maybe it should also make you be drunk to use it.
                Here's the problem though, it's now a 5+mos approach with absolutely no mechanical advantage compared to its setups counterparts or even any way to 'approach' in the game. While, I agree how it was being used in the arena was 'annoying' as crap. This change makes its an absolutely meaningless skill that might as well be removed from the game now. There were better ways to resolve the issue without making the skill now pointless.

It's not hidden, its not fast, I honestly can't think of one single use for it now. If anyone can think of one though, I'm willing to be proven wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ciaran View Post

Here's the problem though, it's now a 5+mos approach with absolutely no mechanical advantage compared to its setups counterparts or even any way to 'approach' in the game. While, I agree how it was being used in the arena was 'annoying' as crap. This change makes its an absolutely meaningless skill that might as well be removed from the game now. There were better ways to resolve the issue without making the skill now pointless.

It's not hidden, its not fast, I honestly can't think of one single use for it now. If anyone can think of one though, I'm willing to be proven wrong.
                  Oh agreed. But this game's track record for "fixing" things that were being abused is typically just to nerf them into oblivion. So not a complete surprise there. Good luck on your SP investment!
                  A woman in a shiny boison helmet with an absurdly tall dome says to a ram in Cineran, "Oh yes, hit me now, you bad bad bad sheep."
                  A woman in a shiny boison helmet with an absurdly tall dome is stunned.
                  A ram bumps roughly into a woman in a shiny boison helmet with an absurdly tall dome with its head!.

“Everybody in this country should learn how to program a computer... because it teaches you how to think.” - Steve Jobs

Comment

• Originally posted by Ciaran View Post

I think a CMs based "Targeted Approach" with the same utility as the pre-nerfed Drunken Approach would fill a need. Melees having to battle approach spam from hordes to fight the "correct" target can get totally unbearable... not to mention when guarding is thrown in, group combat, etc. Maybe ranged fighters just don't feel the loss of Drunken Approach as much. The downfalls (another SP sink, the very slow and laggy RT, and the added risk to a character by approaching more than 3 targets, etc.) would make this new maneuver, Targeted Approach, plenty balanced for actual combat use. If GMs feel it needs to be balanced further, then, hell, make the SP sink requirement high, increase RT (erk), or maybe even give the user a defense penalty.

[Success: 80, Roll: 70.] A battle-scarred warrior circles a thug widely before attempting an approach, but comes up short.
                    [Success: 5, Roll: 10.] A battle-scarred warrior circles a thug widely before making a targeted approach.

Or whatever.

Comment

• Or... in my personal opinion. completely remove the ability to approach someone else, while you're currently approached, even from npcs, take that ability away from npcs too... and the ability to approach someone while you're laying down, nuke that from orbit. It makes zero sense to be able to engage someone, when you're already engaged. How the heck are you going to engage someone when you need to not be engaged to engage in the first place... yet somehow you can engage multiple things at once? no thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by ArchMagi View Post
                        Or... in my personal opinion. completely remove the ability to approach someone else, while you're currently approached, even from npcs, take that ability away from npcs too... and the ability to approach someone while you're laying down, nuke that from orbit. It makes zero sense to be able to engage someone, when you're already engaged. How the heck are you going to engage someone when you need to not be engaged to engage in the first place... yet somehow you can engage multiple things at once? no thanks.
                        Picture a dot. Now picture a dot in a straight line across from that dot. Now put a third dot in a triangle shape. For the one dot facing 2, it's as simple as turning left.

The skill should probably be removed at this point, and SP refunded. I can't think of a single functional purpose for it outside of the misuse the community found for it. It may not have been as intended, but at least it was getting used. What is it suppose to be intended for, anyways?
                        Originally posted by MrSelfDestruct
                        I thought it was just a rumor that it was all number-crunching and competitive training in a game with no logical endpoint since characters are ostensibly immortal and can always get better.

You mean it's true?
                        Originally posted by Phwoar
                        Maybe I'm just becoming some tea-sipping hippy, or maybe I'm sour because my main uses cesti, but, why sacrifice a character idea for the sake of some hypothetical edge in some imagined combat situation in the distant future?
                        Originally posted by Elowynn
                        Rupert is like the Snowden champion of TEC.

Comment

• you can face whatever direct you want, but when you're engaged, it's more actively attempting to keep someone in your face, and when you're not the one who initiated it, that other person is actively trying to stay in your face, so moves like jabbing someone as you step back, rotating around them and lunging at someone else, is you disengaging and re-engaging someone else. That's why you can't just walk away when you're engaged, because you're being interdicted. So how are you going to go interdict someone else, while still interdicting this guy? You'd need to disengage, and then jump the other guy.

Comment

you can face whatever direct you want, but when you're engaged, it's more actively attempting to keep someone in your face, and when you're not the one who initiated it, that other person is actively trying to stay in your face, so moves like jabbing someone as you step back, rotating around them and lunging at someone else, is you disengaging and re-engaging someone else. That's why you can't just walk away when you're engaged, because you're being interdicted. So how are you going to go interdict someone else, while still interdicting this guy? You'd need to disengage, and then jump the other guy.
                            I find it more annoying something that is widely used is just changed and no comments made. Drunk approach was useful in many instances where a mechanic got in the way. Like if you're in the woods and there are 46 NPCs with the exact same name all trying to murder you. If you're going to remove drunk approach, find a solution to that, and create another setup to improve the stealthiness of thieves.
                            <Tivan thinks aloud: No offense, I'd rather take it from behind by an eyeless humanoid from twilight...guess I'll get them myself.>

Haggard squeaks to MindThrasher, "My only regret about lanc dying...is that Kjel was at the toga.."

Fidellus whispers something to Lucarnes.
                            Carefully reading his lips, you make out the words "I liked it, but I have a thing for blondes in catholic school girl skirts

A woman in a slinky red nightgown flirts to you, "Bears are repulsive."

Comment

• Originally posted by Cloudy View Post
                              Learning something once now has a RT.

I understand this to prevent the spammy lag of learning 500 times in one session, but can we at least bump the learn limit to #20 times in one session?
                              From 8 years ago.

With people saving 1000 SP at a time to find their trainer, can we make this a reality?

Comment

you can face whatever direct you want, but when you're engaged, it's more actively attempting to keep someone in your face, and when you're not the one who initiated it, that other person is actively trying to stay in your face, so moves like jabbing someone as you step back, rotating around them and lunging at someone else, is you disengaging and re-engaging someone else. That's why you can't just walk away when you're engaged, because you're being interdicted. So how are you going to go interdict someone else, while still interdicting this guy? You'd need to disengage, and then jump the other guy.
                                From a realism standpoint, which seems to be the one you're presenting, you wouldn't want to be anywhere near stabbing range in the first place. Also, how do 3 people approach and get in my face if there's only room for one?

If you can be approached by 3 people, it shouldn't be that much of a stretch to imagine approaching a second while already approached.

One has to wonder why fall back exists at all with this line of thinking. Sure fall back from one, but all three?

There's a move in Avros that retreats you from everyone but the person you target with it. How would you explain how that's possible?

I don't think this kind of thinking is productive. It was a quality of life feature, one that made certain aspects less frustrating for many. It's a completely reasonable thing to request an alternative to an otherwise net loss to enjoyment.
                                Originally posted by MrSelfDestruct
                                I thought it was just a rumor that it was all number-crunching and competitive training in a game with no logical endpoint since characters are ostensibly immortal and can always get better.

You mean it's true?
                                Originally posted by Phwoar
                                Maybe I'm just becoming some tea-sipping hippy, or maybe I'm sour because my main uses cesti, but, why sacrifice a character idea for the sake of some hypothetical edge in some imagined combat situation in the distant future?
                                Originally posted by Elowynn
                                Rupert is like the Snowden champion of TEC.

Comment

Working...
                                X