No announcement yet.

Minor Changes as found by players

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is not something to consider regarding realism. Realistically you can have more than 3 people stab you with knives at a time...ask Ceaser. The game mechanic restricting who can be in "melee range" and under what conditions is the issue here. A good bit of the folks in this game are used to fighting two or three mobs at a time max. In that situation with enough attempts, you can fallback and approach your preferred target.

When you start fighting groups of 8+ this is simply not possible. With their approach spam it is ridiculously difficult to focus on a target with a partner. Add in guarding and crits making mobs fall back... it is nearly impossible.

Another example some may not be aware of is the new dungeon in RV. Those boss fights with 12+ mobs all with auto-5's and multihitters that can hit...nine times in one attack? You have to focus targets down, or you die. For the moment, the lowest level of the dungeon is now dead.

*edit added for clarity*
    [Success: 5, Roll: 52] A hulking man covered in black veins with withered
    milky-white eyes thrusts his bronze dagger at you! A hulking man covered in
    black veins with withered milky-white eyes thrusts at you with a second swift
    stab. He then plunges his blade back into you. He then plunges his blade back
    into you, again! And again! And again! But, then he stops, clearly tired. You
    suffer a faint wound to your right thigh. You suffer a faint wound to your
    waist. Critical Hit!a hulking man covered in black veins with withered
    milky-white eyes's thrust goes awry, but the slight wound delivered causes you
    to stumble. The attack strikes your black enamelled wall shield with ivory
    inlay! You suffer a faint wound to your left thigh.

Copy/paste the move drunken approach, change the name to tactical approach and move it to the Combat Maneuvers....and replace the stupid emote with "Kabar takes a several determined steps towards a man in a hooded cloak, closing distance."

The penalty of the -20 extra defense per foe approached has been the standard penalty for the last 20 years. It is fine still.
    Last edited by Matt; 06-23-2018, 03:32 PM. Reason: Example given.

Comment

• Yah. Completely agree a move to replace Drunk is necessary. And your emote is better than mine.

Comment

• Shouldn't group fighting be encouraged, rather than having mechanics making it possible taken away? With all the guarding and approach spam from big groups, not to mention mobs with the same names, DA was a good skills to promote that. Sure, it's in the wrong skillset for what it was being used for, but at least add a replacement and make an announcement about the changes.

Comment

• Bump. Drunkenapproach needs replaced with this new move, fast.

Lack of the drunkapproach mechanic, even if it was broken, now makes it horrendous to fight mob spawns, which are super typical all over the gameworld. It's even rough fighting like 3+ spawns, which are typical in the arena and basically everywhere. Needs a replacement. Otherwise feel forced to learn staves, just like everyone else. Let's fight back against being forced to be carbon copies of each other, please.

Comment

• I have never had this move on any of my toons why is it the end all to end all?
            "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

Comment

• Originally posted by Kered View Post
              I have never had this move on any of my toons why is it the end all to end all?
              People don't like to fall back repeatedly to approach someone else that likely keeps falling back in a group setting.

I've never used it either. I understand the frustration. Not sure if it's a big of a deal as people are making it out to be, but...

Code:
              Fall back
              You retreat.
              [Success: 1, Roll: 76]
              PersonB approaches you.
              PersonC approaches you.
              You are no longer busy.
              approch PersonA
              You'll have to retreat first.
              Fall back
              You retreat.
              [Success: 1, Roll: 20]
              PersonC approaches you.
              You are no longer busy.
              approch PersonA
              Fall back
              You retreat.
              [Success: 1, Roll: 50]
              PersonB approaches you.
              You are no longer busy.
              approch PersonA

...is not exactly the most exciting part about combat.
              A woman in a shiny boison helmet with an absurdly tall dome says to a ram in Cineran, "Oh yes, hit me now, you bad bad bad sheep."
              A woman in a shiny boison helmet with an absurdly tall dome is stunned.
              A ram bumps roughly into a woman in a shiny boison helmet with an absurdly tall dome with its head!.

“Everybody in this country should learn how to program a computer... because it teaches you how to think.” - Steve Jobs

Comment

• Belhrad's stock has about 75% less items available to purchase.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vakrend View Post
                  Belhrad's stock has about 75% less items available to purchase.
                  That happens from time to time as he purges the old stock.
                  Those who are afraid of the dark have never seen what the light can do.

Comment

• New Tin and Iron buyer in the town of Rock Valley
                    TRproclaim power!

Originally posted by Armataan
                    Did I just get told Synodia was a better RPed character than Culexus?
                    Originally posted by Bucaria
                    The player of Synodia should be made a GM, he seems to have no favorites and hates everyone equally.

Comment

• So, new gladiators. Particularly strong. Love game changes, these ones not so much...Don't get me wrong, appreciate what the GMs do, but it's always nice to have changes posted along with the REASONING behind the change. Right now it feels like we're being trolled.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rinduck View Post
                        So, new gladiators. Particularly strong. Love game changes, these ones not so much...Don't get me wrong, appreciate what the GMs do, but it's always nice to have changes posted along with the REASONING behind the change. Right now it feels like we're being trolled.
                        They were too easy for someone with 150000 ranks.

Comment

• well these new 'boss gladiators' have a 5 on Shizdain in normal, which is interesting considering he has insane defenses. Pranzor was a boss and decreased the spawn rate a bit. It'll be a decent botting deterrent without completely negating the places that spawn gladiators as viable training locations. Fair compromise.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rinduck View Post
                            well these new 'boss gladiators' have a 5 on Shizdain in normal, which is interesting considering he has insane defenses. Pranzor was a boss and decreased the spawn rate a bit. It'll be a decent botting deterrent without completely negating the places that spawn gladiators as viable training locations. Fair compromise.
                            Bandits do it now as well, from archers to spear users, and if to many groups at once spawn, your facing auto fives from several groups, its misery. Not a fan of it.
                            "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

Comment

• I'm ALL about it if the risk is worth the reward. Too many hunting grounds for high end fighters are easy to just fe1-5 to clear. I think if you start introducing boss creatures, give them better loot. (They do in some cases) In the colosseum, maybe give 2-3x the amount of SP gain on them than you would regular gladiators. Make it worth our while.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lantraste View Post

They were too easy for someone with 150000 ranks.
                                You forgot and maxed stats.
                                A woman in a shiny boison helmet with an absurdly tall dome says to a ram in Cineran, "Oh yes, hit me now, you bad bad bad sheep."
                                A woman in a shiny boison helmet with an absurdly tall dome is stunned.
                                A ram bumps roughly into a woman in a shiny boison helmet with an absurdly tall dome with its head!.

“Everybody in this country should learn how to program a computer... because it teaches you how to think.” - Steve Jobs

Comment

Working...
                                X