Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pankration and brawling?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Pankration and brawling?

    What stats are specifically needed for pankration? I know strength is needed for grapples, but what about if you didn't plan on doing grapples? I'd imaging getting a strength and endurance roll would be the best because you can stat move the rest?

    My girl has exceptional dexterity and agility, below average strength, average endurance with 109hp and fairly good perception.

    What skills would suit her?

  • #2
    I personally like speed over strength for pank. Some of the damage comes from the ranks, which is nice. Dexterity and agility are obvious.

    Do you plan on putting RP's into her? If so, then roll a speedster, if not, roll a strengthster and use the stat skills.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Tweninger View Post
      I personally like speed over strength for pank. Some of the damage comes from the ranks, which is nice. Dexterity and agility are obvious.

      Do you plan on putting RP's into her? If so, then roll a speedster, if not, roll a strengthster and use the stat skills.
      Well I plan on keeping this girl anyway, and not putting rolepoints into her. I guess I could always just use the stat skills for speed and not bother with strength?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Lexi View Post
        What stats are specifically needed for pankration? I know strength is needed for grapples, but what about if you didn't plan on doing grapples? I'd imaging getting a strength and endurance roll would be the best because you can stat move the rest?

        My girl has exceptional dexterity and agility, below average strength, average endurance with 109hp and fairly good perception.

        What skills would suit her?

        You are exactly right.

        When I talk to other people about building characters and what not, the first question I always ask them is whether or not they intend to invest RPs in them. This is a big deal and a big question.

        If they have no intention of ever putting RPs into the character, then I tell them to focus on getting high STR and High END for exactly the reasons you stated. A phenomenal speed guy is useless, its either low-end exceptional (which you can stat-skill) or max inhuman (which is impossible to roll for more or less).

        The problem with rolling for Agi/Dex/Speed is that by and large, the difference between your rolls and what you get from the stat-skills is fairly miniscule. IN addition, you suffer heavily in STR.

        With this build-strategy, you will (through stat skills at least), have exceptional speed, dex, agi and perception, in addition to whatever actual stat you have for STR and END.

        ...

        Now, if you were building a character you are planning on investing RPs into... that's a different story entirely.

        Ex Chao Venit Claritas
        From Chaos comes Clarity

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Krakyll View Post
          You are exactly right.

          Now, if you were building a character you are planning on investing RPs into... that's a different story entirely.
          Exactly.

          four

          Comment


          • #6
            my name is Marren and I approve of this message

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Lexi View Post
              What stats are specifically needed for pankration? I know strength is needed for grapples, but what about if you didn't plan on doing grapples? I'd imaging getting a strength and endurance roll would be the best because you can stat move the rest?

              My girl has exceptional dexterity and agility, below average strength, average endurance with 109hp and fairly good perception.

              What skills would suit her?
              Don't base your roll on what what would be good for grapples. NPC's are easy to deal with and you'll almost never land one on a PC.

              Nothing will improve your overall gaming experience as much as awesome dexterity and a poopload of hitpoints. Strength is nice if you plan on wearing alot of armor, but not many unarmed fighters do.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Abbot. View Post
                Don't base your roll on what what would be good for grapples. NPC's are easy to deal with and you'll almost never land one on a PC.

                Nothing will improve your overall gaming experience as much as awesome dexterity and a poopload of hitpoints. Strength is nice if you plan on wearing alot of armor, but not many unarmed fighters do.
                To be fair, AA strength is all you need for this.

                I carry a weapon, an d a full suit of heavy armor, and I clock in at 58lbs.

                IMO no weapon in the game 'needs' higher than AA strength except 2ha, which needs FG to wear a full suit AND carry their best weapon.

                And in every circumstance, inhuman dex, inhuman speed, inhuman end, or inhuman agi are better than inhuman strength IMO.

                Originally posted by VinianQuartz
                HAIL CULEXUS

                Comment


                • #9
                  Pft.

                  numberzcheese

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X