Announcement

Collapse

SkotOS Downtown: Wednesday, 11am-1pm PT

I am scheduling a downtime for all SkotOS machines from 11am-1pm PT on Wednesday.
  • Marrach will be going down to upgrade its Operating System
  • Lazarus (and Lovecraft) will be going down to upgrade its Operating System
  • Ironclaw will (hopefully) be going down to tune its performance
See more
See less

Dual wielding

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uh, the 2h axe requires 2 hands to do its moves..it would not make sense for you to be able to wield a 2h axe in one hand and use it that way. I don't get what you're saying.
    Originally posted by Zenerai
    I'll be back at some point in the future.

I'm pulling my card and won't be playing for a while.

Comment

Stave + shield
      spear + shield
      cestus + shield

that leaves tridents, pankration, and 2hax as 'oh well' catagories.

every other weapon is 1h and designed to fight with either a shield or an offhand implement.

Originally posted by VinianQuartz
      HAIL CULEXUS

Comment

What Im saying is: 2h weapon users wouldnt get the option to dual wield. So.. oh well for them?

Opening another way to use weapons is good and all but shouldnt it be good for everyone if its a fundamental change?

Comment

Originally posted by glenh View Post
          Something simple like 1 second off roundtimes but less damage?

So you could be quicker, less damage and not have a shield. If you wanted to. Knives would be fun with all MoS though. Dual-wielding will always be hard to balance i reckon unless you just create whole new skillsets for them.
          I like the concept of quicker, but less damage. Across the board -1sec is pretty unbalanced. Perhaps every other offhand attack gets -1sec? You could more easily plan your attacks to get that backhand slash off as fast as the rest of your attacks.
          Try Dark Realms: CoS for free!! 173.244.70.250:1138

Comment

Originally posted by urek23 View Post
            what im saying is: 2h weapon users wouldnt get the option to dual wield. So.. Oh well for them?

Opening another way to use weapons is good and all but shouldnt it be good for everyone if its a fundamental change?
            yes but only for barbs.
            Try Dark Realms: CoS for free!! 173.244.70.250:1138

Comment

I'd be fine with something along the lines of new descriptive custom moves being released for 2hax, tridents, 2h spears, and 2h staves if a duel wield set of mechanics went through. They could be roughly the same power/usefulness as Questrius's toss and crush.

That is satisfying for your means, isn't it Urek? And it isn't as if it would grow weapon power in any discernable way.

You now have 198 hit points.
              [Success: 5, Roll: 100] Tossing his axe up into the air dramatically, Culexus glares at you mockingly as he stands defenseless. The axe comes down hard and fast as its blade bites at flesh! Critical hit! Nothing doing. Culexus takes up his axed wields it in both hands immediately.

Originally posted by VinianQuartz
              HAIL CULEXUS

Comment

It isnt satisfying me in any way. I think its fair and nothing else.

Comment

I still think creating entire new skillsets for dual wielding would be better than trying to manipulate skillsets.
                  Argued with GM Tale on forums.
                  Character wakes up with 2hp and 2 fatigue, mangled face.
                  Skotos didn't care.

Originally posted by Elowynn
                  It's not a good sign if glenh makes more sense than you, L.
                  Originally posted by Tale
                  My apologies to Glenh.

Comment

Bump. Can we look into this?

I beat the odds. To hell with you all.

Comment

Working...
                    X