Announcement

Collapse

Downtimes: June 24 - July 2nd

We've got another batch of shutdowns coming in late June and early July, so that the machines can be repaired for the newest bug, the ZombieLoad CPU bug.

In general, the Genesis games (Grendel, TEC, TEC-Test) all have reboots scheduled for the absolute middle of the night, so I'll be taking each down the previous evening at midnight and bringing them back up the next morning at 9am.

The SkotOS games have always been more robust about reboots, so we'll let them reboot on their own, though there's some chance for an ~2 hour data loss. In any case, I'll be checking them after the 2-hour window when I can, though Marrach has a middle-of-the-night reboot, so that'll be the next morning.

The UserDB and Web reboots will cause some downtime for the entire site, but again they will hopefully come up cleanly.

GENESIS:

- Shutdown Grendel (late Sunday 6/23)

- Startup Grendel (early Monday 6/24)

- Shutdown TEC (late Monday 6/24)

- Startup TEC (early Tuesday 6/25)

- Check TEC Client (9pm Tuesday 6/25)

- Shutdown TEC-Test (late Thursday 6/27)

- Startup TEC-Test (Friday 6/28)

SKOTOS:

- Marrach (Monday early morning 6/24)

- Ironclaw (Monday 10pm-midnight 6/24)

- Lovecraft, Lazarus (Monday 8pm-10pm 7/2)

MAIN SITE:

- UserDB (Monday 10pm-midnight 6/24)

- Web (Sunday 9pm-11pm 6/30)
See more
See less

A little something...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little something...

Hello, people! To continue the fashion of bringing the game to other types of media, I'm making a comic. No, not like Telly's. A serious comic, and made in the game Garry's Mod. The production team is just me and a neighbor, who doesn't play . We'll probably (hopefully) be launching the first comic in the next week or two. I've brainstormed some names:
    Alpha
    Welcome to Alpha
    The Lazarus Project (gee, how original...)
    Got any names, shout 'em out. Plot ideas, shout 'em out. Anything at all, shout it out. And if, for some reason, you don't want your char. to be in the comic, tell me. And that's all I can think of for now. Have a good day!!

Edit 1: This is not going to look exactly like Alpha...and blame the lack of materials. I'm using what I got to make this comic, which is to say not much. I will use Photoshop, and download some stuff, but I apologize if things don't look exactly right. Characters might not look exactly right, but I'm using 4 things: Descriptions, player's mind's-eye images, my mind's-eye images, and what I got. Also, the things that happen are made-up plots and happenings, not stuff that's already happened. That's all for now.
    Last edited by Ardy; 06-08-2008, 11:39 AM. Reason: An addition
    --Arden

Hey

the first one BETTER be about me , and you, I guess.lol
    Madalina Blue and Saruno

Comment

Actually...

The first comic (and very possibly the only comic) will be to introduce all the people of Alpha, and maybe a small plot. And the comic starts with Arden

Comic Stuffs: Most comics will only be one-parters, but they can have up to four parts. Anything after five parts, and it becomes a candidate for me to send to Lit Fuse Films, who make Garry's Mod movies...So, yeah. Comic should be up in the next two-to-three weeks. We need a website, we need to edit, and do so much else...it'll be a while. And it doesn't help that my partner has a really short attention span . Sorry!
      --Arden

Comment

Originally posted by Ardy View Post
        And if, for some reason, you don't want your char. to be in the comic, tell me.
        Hey
        Sounds like fun. Of course I'd appreciate the Carhs not being included in any comics for now.. *winks*
        But yeah looking forward to seeing what's your vision of the game..
        If you want some plots let me know.
        Wolf...

Comment

Originally posted by Carhan View Post
          Hey
          Sounds like fun. Of course I'd appreciate the Carhs not being included in any comics for now.. *winks*
          But yeah looking forward to seeing what's your vision of the game..
          If you want some plots let me know.
          You don't want Carhan in the comics? Alright...can he be in some Com-bubbles, at least?

And we're kinda at a loss for the first episode. Anyone got any ideas??
          Last edited by Ardy; 06-09-2008, 05:51 PM.
          --Arden

Comment

I think a comic would be pretty neat. Maybe as a plot, start off with a meta hatching, and create a story around his first couple of days in Alpha? The stranger in a strange land sort of theme...

Comment

I second that...

Originally posted by Lazarus View Post
              I think a comic would be pretty neat. Maybe as a plot, start off with a meta hatching, and create a story around his first couple of days in Alpha? The stranger in a strange land sort of theme...
              As most people know by now... I'm a comic geek. Spidey, Gene13,Harley Quinn is awesome!, JTHM, and the whole Nightmares and fairytales, I read just about any and every comic out there, so this will be a treat ^.^ So double on what Laz said about a theme coming through. Main characters to get things rolling would be awesomly cool. And don't hesitate to use Arden as your main man or a roll that follows plot. A lot of illustrators that I've read on seem to relate to a character (mostly their main) to write and create things.Good luck and take your time! It's a tedious thing to do, so don't forget about Alpha much while in the process, kay? <3

Comment

Can't decide!!!!

I've made up a later (or possibly sooner) plot that has BG's in it, and I need help choosing a model to use:

Combine Soldier (My personal favorite, but I'm doin' this for you, not me )

Or

Civil Protection

Which model should I use?

And then which gun should they have?

AR2 Pulse Rifle

SMG (My personal favorite, but then gain, you not me )

Pistol

Shotgun

Or a Stunbaton
                --Arden

Comment

Update

My partner's gone on vacation with the rest of his family to Florida, and my sister, who lives in Oklahoma, is visiting. This very possibly could be the only comic , but I hope not. So, also, don't expect the comic anytime within the next two weeks. Maybe three to four. Maybe. I'm uber-sorry!
                  --Arden

Comment

I'm so sorry!

I've been really busy lately, and I just can't do the comic. It sadly is canceled. I'm really sorry.
                    --Arden

Comment

Working...
                    X