Announcement

Collapse
1 of 5 < >

Forums Reversion

The cloud server that hosts the main Skotos web site and the forums experienced a hardware failure on Saturday morning that unfortunately led to severe database corruption. Several attempts to restore it failed.

This led us to our backups, but the timing was a bit unfortunate. Since the failure occurred on a weekend morning, we didn't see it until after a new backup occurred, which contained the corrupted data, and which removed our previous daily backup. This forced us to our weekly backup, which was unfortunately at the end of its time: six days old.

So, the forums are back, but we had a six-day reversion.

This should not have affects on the rest of the site, since the majority of our data is saved in our main-user-database or our games, all on remote machines.
2 of 5 < >

Forums REversion

The cloud server that hosts the main Skotos web site and the forums experienced a hardware failure on Saturday morning that unfortunately led to severe database corruption. Several attempts to restore it failed.

This led us to our backups, but the timing was a bit unfortunate. Since the failure occurred on a weekend morning, we didn't see it until after a new backup occurred, which contained the corrupted data, and which removed our previous daily backup. This forced us to our weekly backup, which was unfortunately at the end of its time: six days old.

This should not have affects on the rest of the site, since the majority of our data is saved in our main-user-database or our games, all on remote machines.
3 of 5 < >

Forums REversion

4 of 5 < >

Forums REversion

5 of 5 < >

Forums REversion

See more
See less

To those who have noted my absence...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To those who have noted my absence...

I can assure you completely it isn't by choice. Lazarus may tend to be boring and stressful at times but the players always make things seem better. No, my problem lies in RL. Due to a situation on another game and confused emotions involving that, I have had to take a leave of absence from all but my stronger chars, which is to say, those that I can RP without receiving emotional backlashes from.

Sadly to say, my three characters (Yes, three) all have flaws and emotional problems which will affect me. So therefore, I am to remain away from them as long as possible to allow myself to recover.

Just to outline the situation so people don't think I'm just making excuses...

I've been deemed unfit for work in my country by health standards and also have the tag of "Emotionally unstable". It's believed any extra stress or strain I take on may drive me over the edge. I have to keep my mind focused and distracted at all times to keep it from slipping and am already seeking professional help for this.

Yes, I may sound insane, I think the same thing, but it's a RL problem, one which needs to be dealt with before I can deal with anything else. It's better for me to take some time away, let myself recover than to strain myself more and eventually do more damage.

So... I apologise to anyone and everyone whom my absence may affect, I can assure you I will be returning and most likely soon, if I can control myself.

Riva's player

Gotta love Hunter Man

Striding along the path, rifle in my hand. My senses spreading, across this vast land. The beast inside, coming alive. Looking around, watching everything thrive. I know I can't come, to any harm. There's no need, for any alarm. I'm Hunter Man, wild and free. There's no-one else... quite like me!

The power of One means nothing, if there are not many to appreciate it.

Hi Belle

When did you start playing this game too?

Comment

Who's Belle?!?

Gotta love Hunter Man

Striding along the path, rifle in my hand. My senses spreading, across this vast land. The beast inside, coming alive. Looking around, watching everything thrive. I know I can't come, to any harm. There's no need, for any alarm. I'm Hunter Man, wild and free. There's no-one else... quite like me!

The power of One means nothing, if there are not many to appreciate it.

Comment

*hugs and love*

hope things get better soon.

Summer Frost

Comment

Hey Ri, RL always should come first man. Do what you got to do to keep yourself together, and we will still be here to hang out with when you are feeling better. Stress is one of those things we sometimes forget can get us in a lot of problems, so do what you need to to get yourself healthy again.
          First Patient of Mendus
          Manchester's 'Accident Prone' Patient

SPCade "And by we I mean Nyx"
          PL: Fionn (Fionnghuala)
          CM: Finella
          ICO: Thera
          LC: Belle Griffin

The Underground Starts Here!

Comment

Riva!

I will miss you dearly my OOCLY/ICLY friend. and he meant Belle from Ironclaw, silly boy. come back when you are happy again!

love
            T
            Madalina Blue and Saruno

Comment

*hugs* I know we talked about this earlier sweetie, and I know I'll talk to you later on it, but you know you always have my back, just like you've had mine the past couple of weeks.

What are YOU lookin' at?!?!

Comment

Working...
              X