This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome to The Lazarus Project

Welcome all to The Lazarus Project, a sci-fi themed game currently being developed for Skotos. Here is a bit of information regarding the game, just so you have a clue as to what it may be about:

Theme

What is the price of immortality?

A science-fiction game of a dark future. Man has reached for the stars, and beyond, but the ultimate achievement still eludes him. Within a geodesic dome located on a distant world, a small group of scientists have made their first strides in reaching this goal - conquering death.

Setting

Located on an uncharted distant planet, a group of scientists decide to play God. Needless to say, they prefer an isolated locale to practice their handywork...

There are three main colonies upon the planet: Alpha colony, Beta colony, and Gamma colony.

Alpha: Main living area for normal citizens. Includes several key buildings, shops and apartments. Sectors split up into North, South, and Central, with a food production facility separated from the main roads. Transportation includes transport pods and an electromagnetic train located in the North sector.

Beta: This is where the upper-most officials and government agents live. Isolated, and geared towards administration rather than science, this colony is well protected from both outward -- and inward -- threats. Its location is unknown to everyday citizens.

Gamma: Partially destroyed, this colony has seen better days. Once a full-blown center devoted to scientific research, it is now in shambles -- portions may be somewhat functional, and several areas may be inhabitable, but it is avoided by most citizens. Genetic mutations, transgenic species, outcasts, and criminals call this colony home. Located between the wilderness areas and Alpha colony, access is currently restricted to a select few.

-------

During initial testing, only Alpha Colony will be made available to players (as it's all that's pretty much built to this point). Future additions to the setting will be made available as they are created.

Gameplay

So what sort of game is this anyway?

The Lazarus Project is a mix of a purely social roleplaying game, with elements of plotter (staff) oriented storytelling and automated game missions. Taking the role of a newly grown citizen, players can seek out proper employment, become involved in scientific experiments/research, undertake exploration in the gameworld, or enjoy social roleplaying with other online players.

During alpha testing, most forms of employment involve freelance scientific experiments/specimen gathering, as well as a handful of automated missions. Available skillsets include combat, animal preservation, geomechanical mining, and basic animal dissection.

This should give you some general information about the game, and hopefully a number of you will be interested enough to stop in during our alpha testing, which is planned for the near future.

- Michael
    Last edited by Lazarus; 11-20-2006, 05:15 PM.

This is great, we needed a sci-fi game and this one sounds like a good one.
    --Thomas King--Lucius--
    "Well I Ain't Evil, I'm Just Good Lookin' "
    Alice Cooper
    "This Is Beetle, Is As Bad As Can"
    Beetlejuice
    "It takes guts to run away, you know. Lots of people would be as cowardly as me if they were brave enough"
    Rincewind

Comment

I second the games ideas. I can't wait to play it and if the S's of the game could PM me or give me an email at matthewory@gmail.com I would be more than happy to try and help with this game. I think this game definitely has some depth to it and can play out nicely. I can't wait for more updates.

Muse
      LPA Instructor
      Aspirant member of the Garden Society

Comment

I'll admit, I've never really gotten into Sci-fi games, I've always been an avid Fantasy gamer. However, this sounds interesting and like it would be fun to give a whirl

A book is as good as its binding, but only as perfect as the words written within it.

Which way shall I fly
        Infinite wrath and infinite despair?
        Which way I fly is hell; myself am hell;
        And in the lowest deep a lower deep,
        Still threat'ning to devour me, opens wide,
        To which the hell I suffer seems a heaven.

-- Paradise Lost. Book iv. Line 73

[OOC Page] from StoryCoder Azrael: "I'm only the diet coke of evil."

Comment

Although a science-fiction game, I do think it will be of interest to some who typically aren't into sci-fi (I hope).

It isn't a hard sci-fi game, for instance... no overly complex scientific explanations, nor odd terminology typically restricted to physics professors. This is both a good and bad thing, I suppose, but it also allows us to be a bit more open regarding the plotting/storyline.

I'll try to post a bit more information during the next week or so, just so everyone has an idea what to expect for alpha: what is currently working, and what isn't... and what may explode into a million bugs...

Michael

Comment

Originally posted by Lazarus
            I'll try to post a bit more information during the next week or so, just so everyone has an idea what to expect for alpha: what is currently working, and what isn't... and what may explode into a million bugs...
            Given the people working on this project, I bet some of the animals in Lazarus will literally explode into a million bugs.

Don't go into gamma quadrant without your radioactive bug spray!
            Woah, TonyD's like Roadstrom on crack. - Andrew's Ghost

I mean, how hilarious isn't the thought of a guard who gets off on animalistic behavior? - Kalle

Comment

Sci-Fi....I feel my inner geek stirring. Sounds like a cool game.
              Silaqui Meliamne
              Battler Guild Teacher
              Deputy of the Gaol
              Senior Awakener
              Assistant to Fezwin
              Assistant to Royal Cook Geoffry
              Jailbird

IC= Phaedre and many others

Comment

What a fab game!
                x Faye x

Comment

Nav Display

NAV Display.
                  Render unto me; All your finest meats and cheeses.

Comment

I must say this that "this is what a sci-fi game should look like", pretty satisfied.
                    I will be judged serious injury lawyers

Comment

This sounds really interesting. Can't wait to try it out.
                      "Each person must live their life as a model for others." valuepointdistribution.com reviews

Comment

Given the people working on this project, I bet some of the animals in Lazarus will literally explode into a million bugs.

Comment

Working...
                        X