Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No one is going to yell at you. Or else they better not or I'm likely to get mad.

Here's what I can answer oocly. And all I can say about ICly topics is I hope you can find a character willing to sit down with you and answer all of your questions. The characters you named are great for that, most of the time if you ask for some of their time they'll give it to you.

Now lets see:

1. You were hatched there. A human clone. As a meta you're tougher and cooler (:P) but you estentially came from a tube. And now you've been released into this fancy colony as a part of the Lazarus -Project-. Spooky I know.

2. Compter - Read my computer. Then it will basically tell you what to do from there. Blue words are links.
    Tablet - Same deal. Read my tablet. Write my tablet. It has pages. think of it like a book from CM without the skywriter (to my knowledge).
    Bracelet - Tap it everyday you're money will go up. Look at it to see what you have.
    Anything else - Tap out an ooc com message. most people are doubtlessly willing to answer questions.

3. Like I said. Press through find someone who will take just 'you' time.

4. Like any game the maps just confuse you. Although honestly Lazarus maps are easier as they will actually partially label whats going on. Explore and you'll find it's actually relatively easy although it looks overwhelming.

And as a final statement *hugs* and I hope you have a ton of fun in our little world and keep playing... you know... because we need players. ^.^

Comment

Originally posted by Osric View Post

3. IG, I've tried to play the...I'm new and know nothing card AND people have been warm and welcoming....but its still a "Oh you don't know about Monty? oh well." and the scene continues. It feels like there is a bit of an already existing RP circle that is a bit hard to break into.
      I've spent time telling several new players about different things, we just haven't been moving in the same areas at the same time. Talk to people until you find the ones who have the information and the desire to fill you in on the happenings.

4. This might just be me. but on the map.....how am I to know that WEP is weapons depot or HAT is hatchery? This is easily the most confusing concept to me, a key somewhere would go a very long way to helping me. I've lightly scoured the forum but didn't not find it.
      It's ok to ask that stuff of others "Hey where do I find <place>?" Even over the com system. (btw: Neural communication is a lot like an open Citizens Band radio or Ham Radio - some times nothing is being talked about and other times you will have trouble separating out six or ten conversations at once)

Now, please don't read this and yell at me. I'm just giving my info as I'm new and I'm sure in the time to come all of this will become second nature. Very second nature. I just figured as a new game...this might be useful for others to consider. Other than that...I can't even tell you how long I've been waiting for this game to come out. So far it looks great.
      There are stories still to be written. Add your ideas on what you would like to see.

And for those who haven't looked at the background page yet ...go here
      First Patient of Mendus
      Manchester's 'Accident Prone' Patient

SPCade "And by we I mean Nyx"
      PL: Fionn (Fionnghuala)
      CM: Finella
      ICO: Thera
      LC: Belle Griffin

The Underground Starts Here!

Comment

Help Map will give you the map key/legend.
        Vall pretty much covered everything else well enough I think. I gotta go to bed for work so I can't look all spiffy and elaborate

Comment

I just want to add that if you, or any new player is confused or have questions, you can feel free to page me in-game. Although lately I've only been able to be about late at night.

The maps can be confusing, I agree. Use Help Map, or try to get one of the 'newbie-maps' I made to be given out to new players. If we've run out of those, AOC people can contact me and I'll give some more out. They are little pop-up digital maps, with the map key explained.

For background, check out the link Fionnghuala provided, or http://www.lazarus-project.net/

There is also a FAQ section there and info on how some of the game systems work.

And I also want to thank everyone for helping the new players out here.

Comment

Originally posted by Fionnghuala View Post
            shoot {frog, hare, bat, Xenomorph, Player name}

Nell, don't be telling the new players that they can shoot other players... ^_^ Don't be wanting them to end up like Sephi now do we

What are YOU lookin' at?!?!

Comment

Originally posted by Sephraem View Post
              Nell, don't be telling the new players that they can shoot other players... ^_^ Don't be wanting them to end up like Sephi now do we

Oh, thought I would add this bit here too, so that when the other thread it came from gets buried under the avalance of new things, it will still be someplace that new people can get to it:
              You did take a look at the background page right? If not, see http://www.lazarus-project.net/background.phtml

It is a bit like "The Prisoner" (i.e. conspiracy) melded with genetics experiments, robots, high technology, and strange creatures.

You - are a Meta-human. You have no idea what "Earth" is. You only know the place where you live, Alpha Colony, and the people within it, and the odd fragment of information that the technicians have imprinted in your planned genetics. You were grown in a cloning tank to maturity. Your body may be adult, and your mind is full of information to help you live (i.e. you can walk, talk, eat etc.) but you have no "experiences" to draw from, no memories from before you were "hatched" from your cloning tank. You were created to assist the Normal Humans in doing research on the medical aspects of longevity, genetics and cryogenics. You are the experiment just by living and breathing.

Character Choices: This is a difficult area to define. While there are skills you can learn and jobs you can do, the game itself is still in development, meaning all the choices are not developed yet. Feel free to wander around and see if there is an area you would like to see developed more - so far, we have Medical, Mechanical, Botany, Security. If you would like to help get another area started, you can discuss it with the game developer (Michael, or as he is known around the colony: StoryHost Lazarus) or one of the other story staffers.

Mechanics: Primarily RP at this time. While there are a few auto/computer assignments for you to do to learn a few skills to earn credits; weaponry, dissection, botany, preservation, mining and fishing are the main ones, most "jobs" are RP based rather than "roll" based.

The colony has many hidden secrets that we, the players are just beginning to uncover. Things about the past of some of the Natural Born, things about the past history of Meta-humans, things about what might be happening outside the colony.

There is a conspiracy aspect to it as well. Who do you trust with the information you uncover? Tell the wrong person and you may get arrested and reprogrammed. Who will trust you? When trusting the wrong person may get them sent to Mendus, the mental institution, and a session in the interrogation chair, followed by Reprogramming or Brain Surgery.

On the surface, everything looks nice and clean and shiny and happy, but after a while, you begin to notice the cracks in the foundation.

Again, let me stress: the game is still developing, and you can have an input in it.

Theme: The background is Futuristic Science Fiction with a large dose of conspiracy. While the show "The Prisoner" is not exactly the same, in many respects as far as the conspiracy angle, it is very similar. We are in a place we can't leave, held by people we don't know. The major difference is that we have no life before we came to live here.

As a conspiracy, the main way of finding information is through social interaction with everyone. The colony does have a history, you will need to find the people who know it, and gain their trust in order to learn it.

Your actions IC have repercussions, which may include being sent to jail, sent to the mental institution, reprogrammed, brain surgery or death. It may also include having others avoid you, not give you information or even actively plot against you.

Character choices, part 2: Please note that as you, as a meta-human, are a genetically planned and your growth monitored in the cloning tank, you will NOT be hatched with major physical or mental defects. I would suggest you play for a while and discuss this possible storyline and character with staffers before you attempt to play it.

Note: We do not have a "thief" class/job position as such. Should you want to run a thief storyline, it must be done with the input and agreement of the players involved and the story staffers ok.

Background note: Anything that identifies a culture or ethnicity has been scrubbed away. We have genetics, but do not know who Gregor Mendel was. We have Rumba music but do not know what "Latino" means or implies. We can sing, "I've been working on the rail road" but not "Georgia on my Mind." Actually come to think of it, we probably can't sing the railroad tune in it's entirety. We have melodies, but no words to go with them. We have classical music without Beethoven, Brahms, Motzart. Jazz without Dizzy Gilespie. Blues without BB King, Rock without Elvis. No Superheros, no ninjas, no James Bond, Secret Service, KGB, CIA, FBI. No government except the "administrators" who are known and unknown.
              First Patient of Mendus
              Manchester's 'Accident Prone' Patient

SPCade "And by we I mean Nyx"
              PL: Fionn (Fionnghuala)
              CM: Finella
              ICO: Thera
              LC: Belle Griffin

The Underground Starts Here!

Comment

Originally posted by Fionnghuala View Post
                There is a conspiracy aspect to it as well. Who do you trust with the information you uncover? Tell the wrong person and you may get arrested and reprogrammed. Who will trust you? When trusting the wrong person may get them sent to Mendus, the mental institution, and a session in the interrogation chair, followed by Reprogramming or Brain Surgery.

As a conspiracy, the main way of finding information is through social interaction with everyone. The colony does have a history, you will need to find the people who know it, and gain their trust in order to learn it.

Your actions IC have repercussions, which may include being sent to jail, sent to the mental institution, reprogrammed, brain surgery or death. It may also include having others avoid you, not give you information or even actively plot against you.

I'm gonna bring it up again (despite the fact Nell did it often in her last post), because it fits here well enough. If you want a decent example of what Alpha can get like, go onto youtube and find episodes of The Prisoner, with Patrick McGoohan on it. The concept of the prisoners and the warders is very similar to here. You don't really know who you can trust, who really is your friend and who will make your character's life a living hell. Even Sephi, who gets along great with a lot of the other characters, doesn't trust them with everything. I think I can count on one hand the number of characters I'd have Sephi trust her 'life' and secrets with.

The one who could be playing your best friend in the whole colony could be the one who sells you out, and the one you trust the least might be the one who saves your ass from one of the things living in the sewers. You might even have some players who will tell different things to different people just to see who's spreading info around (Had a friend who did that in the real world, quite odd to find out his girlfriend was talking too much...)

Just remember, Big Brother is always watching, but in this game, no one really knows who it is...

What are YOU lookin' at?!?!

Comment

great tips
                  Play a game and win i Phone 4s

Comment

Working...
                  X