Announcement

Collapse

Downtimes: June 24 - July 2nd

We've got another batch of shutdowns coming in late June and early July, so that the machines can be repaired for the newest bug, the ZombieLoad CPU bug.

In general, the Genesis games (Grendel, TEC, TEC-Test) all have reboots scheduled for the absolute middle of the night, so I'll be taking each down the previous evening at midnight and bringing them back up the next morning at 9am.

The SkotOS games have always been more robust about reboots, so we'll let them reboot on their own, though there's some chance for an ~2 hour data loss. In any case, I'll be checking them after the 2-hour window when I can, though Marrach has a middle-of-the-night reboot, so that'll be the next morning.

The UserDB and Web reboots will cause some downtime for the entire site, but again they will hopefully come up cleanly.

GENESIS:

- Shutdown Grendel (late Sunday 6/23)

- Startup Grendel (early Monday 6/24)

- Shutdown TEC (late Monday 6/24)

- Startup TEC (early Tuesday 6/25)

- Check TEC Client (9pm Tuesday 6/25)

- Shutdown TEC-Test (late Thursday 6/27)

- Startup TEC-Test (Friday 6/28)

SKOTOS:

- Marrach (Monday early morning 6/24)

- Ironclaw (Monday 10pm-midnight 6/24)

- Lovecraft, Lazarus (Monday 8pm-10pm 7/2)

MAIN SITE:

- UserDB (Monday 10pm-midnight 6/24)

- Web (Sunday 9pm-11pm 6/30)
See more
See less

A Bug is afoot...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Bug is afoot...

There just happens to be a bug in the transport pod. When you go to the food production sector, you can get out, but when you try to go back, you can't. Here is what it says.

> open door
    You cannot open a pod door; it isn't closed.
    > s
    You can't go there. Type "exits" for a list of exits.
    > exits
    You may leave through a pod door(up).
    > up
    > You move from the north sector button to a pod door.
    > You cannot enter a pod door.
    > go door
    > You approach a pod door.
    > You cannot enter a pod door.
    > open door
    You cannot open a pod door; it isn't closed.
    > go door
    You cannot enter a pod door.
    > up
    You cannot enter a pod door.
    > push south button
    > You move from a pod door to the south sector button.
    > ERROR [Dec 25 22:44]: Bad argument 1 for kfun call_other
    > push food button
    > You move from the south sector button to the food production sector button.
    > ERROR [Dec 25 22:45]: Bad argument 1 for kfun call_other
    I'm that Security Guy that everyone just loves.

Yeah, a couple of people have recently noticed that bug. No clue why it is occurring... previously, it seemed to work okay.

My advice for now, just stay out of the pods until I track down the bug and get it fixed. If you get trapped in a pod, leave an assist or page a staffer, and we'll come save you.

Comment

PDA Not Working

This just happened today... it has not happened in the past, when I have tried to type on my pda:

You examine your handheld computer.
      A handheld computer console with a razor thin viewing screen encased in blue metal molding; this molding outlines the exterior edges of the device. You can 'read' and 'write' upon this device. Engraved into the back of the console are the words: 'Dyer Electronics'.
      > write on pda "1
      Accessing Database
      >
      Enter ("$abort" to quit):
      > write on pda "2
      Accessing Database
      >

> write on my pda "5
      Accessing Database

When this happens, the forum pops up in a separate window every time. I cannot read nor compose email...

I can't think that this is normal, since it's not happened before.

Aisling
      Love is love. - Ais (pronounced eyes.)

Comment

You may not realize it, but you just hijacked this thread.

You really should start a new thread for each separate bug, as they will be more certain to get appropriate attention that way.

And besides, it's like butting into a conversation with a completely new one. You wouldn't do that in the real world, would you?

Comment

In regard to the pod bug... I /think/ it's fixed now. For those of you who encountered the bug earlier, you may notice some oddities at first, but try to drive back to the food sector (from whatever other sector that works). Once you get there, the fix should kick in. Or so I hope...

As to other bug reports within this same thread... seems perfectly fine to me. We used to have a bug thread going a while ago, so I don't see a problem posting other bugs here, if anyone wants to.

For the PDA, try clicking on the $abort link (or typing Write on my pda "$abort"). It sounds like you previously had a menu option chosen, and never properly aborted it. What happens then is, you are sorta locked into that choice until you $abort. And yeah, I know it's a tad clunky...

If it's something else, I'll peek at the PDA code. I haven't touched it in a while, so I don't think it broke down on its own.

Comment

Yes, it is fixed
            I'm that Security Guy that everyone just loves.

Comment

Crocogators!

When I was running around with my alt I happened to run into a croc. As I was changing rooms the croc decided to eat me. Got hit whilst changing and fell unconscious in the other room. While I was unconscious I was able to move between those two rooms, but only those two. Sounds very annoying to fix becuase of the circumstances that it occurs under. Though I imagine its something that happens rarely and isn't really a problem. Just wanted to point it out. Keep on keeping on.
              Originally posted by steve_23 View Post
              And besides, it's like butting into a conversation with a completely new one. You wouldn't do that in the real world, would you?
              Yes, yes I would

Comment

Dunnno if I @bugged this earlier so I doing this now.

If your target (including yourself) is carrying a mouse you cannot target their left parts.

IE. poke my left eye gives Zek pokes his small green and red mouse's left eye

And so on and so forth.

Comment

Two things:

Weapons Shop: Pulse Rifle battery is not listed when typing 'stock' but is available from the drop down list to look at in the room. If one 'examine a rifle battery' then 'buy a rifle battery' most of the time the clerk will sell you a rifle battery. (note to Lazarus: I just purchased a few this way at 22:20 on Jan 25).

The other thing is minor. If you call someone, if the other person has someone next to him, the description reads as follows when I called Zek tonight:

[Communication Device] The screen flickers for a moment, then displays the following image: a tall, athletic man of swarthy complexion with soft, coal-black hair. He is carrying .... He is wearing a ... and black boots. Veronica is standing near you.
                  Please note, Veronica was not standing near me. Perhaps a solution would be to have the text say "[Person] is in the background.
                  First Patient of Mendus
                  Manchester's 'Accident Prone' Patient

SPCade "And by we I mean Nyx"
                  PL: Fionn (Fionnghuala)
                  CM: Finella
                  ICO: Thera
                  LC: Belle Griffin

The Underground Starts Here!

Comment

Working...
                  X