Announcement

Collapse
1 of 5 < >

Forums Reversion

The cloud server that hosts the main Skotos web site and the forums experienced a hardware failure on Saturday morning that unfortunately led to severe database corruption. Several attempts to restore it failed.

This led us to our backups, but the timing was a bit unfortunate. Since the failure occurred on a weekend morning, we didn't see it until after a new backup occurred, which contained the corrupted data, and which removed our previous daily backup. This forced us to our weekly backup, which was unfortunately at the end of its time: six days old.

So, the forums are back, but we had a six-day reversion.

This should not have affects on the rest of the site, since the majority of our data is saved in our main-user-database or our games, all on remote machines.
2 of 5 < >

Forums REversion

The cloud server that hosts the main Skotos web site and the forums experienced a hardware failure on Saturday morning that unfortunately led to severe database corruption. Several attempts to restore it failed.

This led us to our backups, but the timing was a bit unfortunate. Since the failure occurred on a weekend morning, we didn't see it until after a new backup occurred, which contained the corrupted data, and which removed our previous daily backup. This forced us to our weekly backup, which was unfortunately at the end of its time: six days old.

This should not have affects on the rest of the site, since the majority of our data is saved in our main-user-database or our games, all on remote machines.
3 of 5 < >

Forums REversion

4 of 5 < >

Forums REversion

5 of 5 < >

Forums REversion

See more
See less

Discussing Alpha Colony

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discussing Alpha Colony

Hello again Gamers,

It has been some time since I've made a request, and after speaking with Lazarus, we've decided it's time that I make another one. As many people have noticed, and voiced, there is somewhat of a lack of activity in Alpha. We have only just started running a few plots, and those are slowing taking root. However, what we would like from you - Yes! You! - is to know what the playerbase would be interested in seeing. I'm opening this forum up for all ideas to make life on Alpha more interesting. In terms of groups, what would you like to see happen?
    StoryGuide Morpheus

Music and somewhere to dance
    I'm that Security Guy that everyone just loves.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerod View Post
      Music and somewhere to dance
      I second that!

Comment

Hey Gamers,

Good suggestions, I'm working on it right now. I really want the playerbase's opinion on what they want. Feel free to add items and room descriptions that you would like to see within your suggestions. For instance, if you wanted a nightclub, it would be helpful if told us you wanted to see a DJ, or an open bar. Keep the ideas coming!

Yours truly,
        StoryGuide Morpheus

Comment

Room Desc: (loosely)
          A large room, a stage towards the front of it. Upon the stage, a sound system is set up. Standing behind it, a DJ is running music through the speakers. Along the <direction> wall, an open bar stands, selling various drinks. Hanging from the ceiling, a glass ball spins, lights shining off it, and reflecting into the room.

Of course, all of this is optional, you guys make the final decision.

Comment

how about a Gym of some sort...would give some people in Alpha place to hang out and perhaps a couple of sparring rooms for the the new fighting setup (aside from te training room in the weapon shop)...could also help roleplay out how some of us manage to stay in shape when we aren't out hunting
            Krysla

Comment

PILLOWS! MhmMmMmmMmMm I can taste the fights already.

Comment

Ooh, ooh, how about a library, with books, or electronic books, or something. I'll even contribute.

Comment

Stuff I'd like to see.

since you were asking about things people would like to see in terms of the story of Lazarus Project, here are my current requests:

I'd like to learn what happened to Gamma Colony,
                  find out why all the food dispensers have spoilt food in them (and fix if possible),
                  open the bunker door out in the wilderness and explore the inside,
                  find a way to get to the spaceport,
                  find out what happened at the Mendus institute (the front office is a mess).

And I second Jerod's Library Request.

I'm sure I'll think of others as time goes on.

(for some reason the account I opened as Magesteff won't let me post. This one does.)
                  Last edited by Fionnghuala; 01-18-2007, 01:34 AM. Reason: seconding a request
                  First Patient of Mendus
                  Manchester's 'Accident Prone' Patient

SPCade "And by we I mean Nyx"
                  PL: Fionn (Fionnghuala)
                  CM: Finella
                  ICO: Thera
                  LC: Belle Griffin

The Underground Starts Here!

Comment

Oh, I could also use a hot glue gun. I feel the need to create sculptural artwork.
                    First Patient of Mendus

Comment

A nickname system.
                      Helps with people with long names and are called icly by diff names.
                      Probably best to limit it to 1 free nickname per person. And it can be removed at the disecretion of the StoryPpls if it is considered 'illegal'.

Comment

Originally posted by Zek View Post
                        A nickname system.
                        Helps with people with long names and are called icly by diff names.
                        Probably best to limit it to 1 free nickname per person. And it can be removed at the disecretion of the StoryPpls if it is considered 'illegal'.

We have that. Jerodinian can be called by Jerod
                        I can be called by Nell and Fionn (at least until we have so many residents I need to give up one)
                        First Patient of Mendus

Comment

Originally posted by Fionnghuala View Post
                          We have that. Jerodinian can be called by Jerod
                          I can be called by Nell and Fionn (at least until we have so many residents I need to give up one)
                          What I meant was instead of having to type out > say to fionnghuala 'Don't you think Fionnghuala is a ridiculously long name? < you could type > say to nell 'Don't you think Fionnghuala is a ridiculously long name? < O'course the nickname would be picked by the player. If we already have this, Why haven't you told me! (goes back to reading his book, waiting for someone to log on.)

Found out that it is already in and I didn't know about it so I've been typing out full names for no reason >.>
                          Last edited by Zek; 01-20-2007, 02:52 PM.

Comment

We also need a hardware store with thinks like screwdrivers, wrenches and crowbars (darned if I am going to let a dented door in the middle of nowhere remain shut)
                            First Patient of Mendus

Comment

Oh, and name tag stickers. You know the "Hello my name is" ones.
                              First Patient of Mendus

Comment

Working...
                              X