Announcement

Collapse
1 of 5 < >

Forums Reversion

The cloud server that hosts the main Skotos web site and the forums experienced a hardware failure on Saturday morning that unfortunately led to severe database corruption. Several attempts to restore it failed.

This led us to our backups, but the timing was a bit unfortunate. Since the failure occurred on a weekend morning, we didn't see it until after a new backup occurred, which contained the corrupted data, and which removed our previous daily backup. This forced us to our weekly backup, which was unfortunately at the end of its time: six days old.

So, the forums are back, but we had a six-day reversion.

This should not have affects on the rest of the site, since the majority of our data is saved in our main-user-database or our games, all on remote machines.
2 of 5 < >

Forums REversion

The cloud server that hosts the main Skotos web site and the forums experienced a hardware failure on Saturday morning that unfortunately led to severe database corruption. Several attempts to restore it failed.

This led us to our backups, but the timing was a bit unfortunate. Since the failure occurred on a weekend morning, we didn't see it until after a new backup occurred, which contained the corrupted data, and which removed our previous daily backup. This forced us to our weekly backup, which was unfortunately at the end of its time: six days old.

This should not have affects on the rest of the site, since the majority of our data is saved in our main-user-database or our games, all on remote machines.
3 of 5 < >

Forums REversion

4 of 5 < >

Forums REversion

5 of 5 < >

Forums REversion

See more
See less

Discussing Alpha Colony

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hmmm

Originally posted by Dominique* View Post
    Police tape. Like the caution/police zone tape. We were talking and I figured, might as well put it on here so we don't forget. But seems when we have incodents happening there's no way to control the snobby, stubborn people. So police tape... or in this case Recruit tape. Maybe something like laser tape even.. like the gates int he security that only lets those with badges in, have the tape only let people of certain skills get through. ^^
    I dont really think that police tape is a real good idea. The plots are usually ment to involve everyone from the way I see it. If you're blocking them from entering that area you're stopping them from getting into that scene. Its kinda limiting role play in a way.

Comment

• Originally posted by Arainey View Post
      I dont really think that police tape is a real good idea. The plots are usually ment to involve everyone from the way I see it. If you're blocking them from entering that area you're stopping them from getting into that scene. Its kinda limiting role play in a way.
      I meant kinda like when we had the charred corpse and everyone kept moving in and out through the walkway. Kinda like.. say if someone jumped off a roof and splatted all over the floor, police would come and set the tape up and direct people -around- it, like ya know what's there, just.. you be civilians.. can't go poking dead bodies now can ya? If you look at it that way hun? I didn't mean to suggest it as a blocking for plot, I LOVE the idea of plots involving everyone.. just mean if it be a dead body or.. a place people aren't suppose to go then tape would be like a realistic thing the cops use in rl ^^

Comment

• I was forum searching and found this <.< So I'd figgured I'd might kinda revive it <.<
        I'd , for one, like to see more player run plots. Not that the staff plots aren't nifty but they could be doing tons of other things with there time then babysitting our little plots. Theres tooons of plots players can do with little to no staff involvement. And it'd hopefully get the place more active so more people would come on and return which would be nifty since staff has been working grandly on the skills like medical and seamstress and more we prolly haven't even seen yet, and would stop people from claiming they is bored when theres tons they can do and plenty of jobs<.<

I would also like to see more of those skills we haven't even seen yet <.< Like maybe some crafting skills so we can get more of ecnomy going. Like for when we get jewelry this person is good at merchant so if he sells your finished product to the merchant then you make more profit and give him some but don't forget to pay the miner who supplied you with your rocks and so on like that. Maybe some crafting skills like food or capentry <.< Or metal working since its the future supposedly and our furiniture can be metal <.< And maybe some no crafting skills like....targeting to help with shooting or like some type of medical skill.

I really do like the merchant and consignment shop idea. <.< So I wanted to point that out

I also think it'd be nifty if some of the animals listed on the list would come up or like I know we have had alot of 'grrr me beast. Me break your arm. Shoot, now I'm dead' plots and there fine and dandy but I, personally really like the plots that make you think. Like the puzzle doors? I -loved- those. Or plots that aren't all go shoot that monster. I know we kinda had that going with the Grahme and Byron plot but that seems to have kinda like...died <.< I'd love more plots where you have to think. Like maybe a little war where someone gets kidnapped and if you attack there people or try to attack and get them back then they the kidnappe would be killed so you have to negotiate or think to get them back or maybe the doctors decide they want to do a experiment so they stick everyone in some underground maze and you have to think of how to get out. Stuff like that would really interest me.

And that might just be me but those are some thingies I'd like to see in our game <.<

Comment

• Originally posted by KVeronica View Post
          I was forum searching and found this <.< So I'd figgured I'd might kinda revive it <.<
          I'd , for one, like to see more player run plots. Not that the staff plots aren't nifty but they could be doing tons of other things with there time then babysitting our little plots. Theres tooons of plots players can do with little to no staff involvement. And it'd hopefully get the place more active so more people would come on and return which would be nifty since staff has been working grandly on the skills like medical and seamstress and more we prolly haven't even seen yet, and would stop people from claiming they is bored when theres tons they can do and plenty of jobs<.<
          The Mysterious Alphanians of the North approve this message. We also agree.
          In the end, when all is said and done, the shadow of the day will embrace the world in grey. The sun will rise again for you someday, but today, let the world stay grey. We're forever marching, forever fighting. For one night, let the world stay grey. I promise one day the sun shall rise again... just for you.

Comment

Working...
          X