Announcement

Collapse

Downtimes: June 24 - July 2nd

We've got another batch of shutdowns coming in late June and early July, so that the machines can be repaired for the newest bug, the ZombieLoad CPU bug.

In general, the Genesis games (Grendel, TEC, TEC-Test) all have reboots scheduled for the absolute middle of the night, so I'll be taking each down the previous evening at midnight and bringing them back up the next morning at 9am.

The SkotOS games have always been more robust about reboots, so we'll let them reboot on their own, though there's some chance for an ~2 hour data loss. In any case, I'll be checking them after the 2-hour window when I can, though Marrach has a middle-of-the-night reboot, so that'll be the next morning.

The UserDB and Web reboots will cause some downtime for the entire site, but again they will hopefully come up cleanly.

GENESIS:

- Shutdown Grendel (late Sunday 6/23)

- Startup Grendel (early Monday 6/24)

- Shutdown TEC (late Monday 6/24)

- Startup TEC (early Tuesday 6/25)

- Check TEC Client (9pm Tuesday 6/25)

- Shutdown TEC-Test (late Thursday 6/27)

- Startup TEC-Test (Friday 6/28)

SKOTOS:

- Marrach (Monday early morning 6/24)

- Ironclaw (Monday 10pm-midnight 6/24)

- Lovecraft, Lazarus (Monday 8pm-10pm 7/2)

MAIN SITE:

- UserDB (Monday 10pm-midnight 6/24)

- Web (Sunday 9pm-11pm 6/30)
See more
See less

<OOC> Recording System for the Medics

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• <OOC> Recording System for the Medics

Over the past few months, I noticed that people have been bringing up making a system where the medics can keep a up-to-date record on all of the patients, their treatments, and the injuries. I think that it's an extremely good idea. But, I also know that the staff is usually 98.6% of the time busy working on something else.

Just today, Quill and Mo were chatting about maybe getting some kind of system accessable for all medical students/staff/patients/etc. I really agree with the idea. So uh.. Yeah, I know this post would be better off in the Idea's post.. But..

It'd be cool if we can get some kind of systtem put in place where medic's can go in and update information and people can sort of see where all the medic's stand on experience, they're specialties *blah I'm rambling aren't I?*

Or, if it'd be better. We can start a thread -just- for keeping records where the medics can post and keep everyone in Alpha updated on a patient's general status. It'll also keep people from being overdosed when let's say (for EX: One medic gives Bob a shot for pain and nourishment, but Bob nor that medic lets theo the other medics know.. Annnd, bam! Another medic gives him another shot.). I've seen it happen IG from time to time. But otherwise... I just think it'd be more sufficent for all the medic's to have something like that.
    In the end, when all is said and done, the shadow of the day will embrace the world in grey. The sun will rise again for you someday, but today, let the world stay grey. We're forever marching, forever fighting. For one night, let the world stay grey. I promise one day the sun shall rise again... just for you.

Agree. Obviously.

Comment

Like a record database, awesome and sufficient idea Monique! I widely agree as well.

Comment

ZDA refuses to use it cause the ditcher fired me.

Comment

I'm going to try to arrange some sort of data keeping system for doctor types. It may be simple to begin with (a logbook or something similar), but it'll be better than nothing.

And I haven't forgotten about the other medical requests sent in (like uniforms, more equipment, etc). It should be done soon... just haven't had time lately.

Comment

For the LAST time. I didn't fire anyone.

(OOC: We love you Laz! Thank yoooooou!)
            In the end, when all is said and done, the shadow of the day will embrace the world in grey. The sun will rise again for you someday, but today, let the world stay grey. We're forever marching, forever fighting. For one night, let the world stay grey. I promise one day the sun shall rise again... just for you.

Comment

Working...
            X