Shedding the light on sharing apartments and unions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shedding the light on sharing apartments and unions

To all the Citizens of Alpha who have been curious about the matter, here are the requirements on sharing apartments, and unions.

**How to share an apartment.

You can now purchase access rings from the government to allow a person of your choice to receive a key of your apartment. You must write me and inform me of the name of the person for whom you wish to purchase an access ring.

Each access ring costs a non-refundable fee of 40,000.00 credits.
    One ring only gives access to one door only. This is a non-transferable privilege.
    You may not share your access ring with anyone.
    An access ring remains the property of the government and can be remotely deactivated and the Ministry of Security is allowed to confiscate such key.

Your access ring grants you access to another person's private apartment, at their request only. Please understand that although you are carrying the ring, the owner of the apartment is allowed to cancel access at any time.

Once a cancellation is placed the ring will be deactivated and eventually confiscated by the Ministry of Security.
    No refund request over access rings will be processed.

OOC: Please be aware that you are granting access to your private apartment to another player. Theft is a possible consequence of such trust. The Ministry of Security might interfere in character and help solve the problem. But we cannot garanty the retrieval of all items.

** On Unions

A union allows two Citizens to officially be recognized as "partners".

Each prospective partner must gather the amount of 25,000.00 credits, a total of 50,000.00 credits.
    Once each person has achieved to save up for the required amount, a union ceremony date and planning may be discussed with a qualified government official.

These union fees are non-refundable, under any circumstances and will be charged before the ceremony takes place.

List of qualified government officials

-Administrator Edgars
    -Administrator Marr
    -Administrator Carhan
    -First Advisor Alaris.
    First Advisor in the Alpha Colony
    Phone # Alaris-4F

Originally posted by Alaris View Post
    Each access ring costs a non-refundable fee of 40,000.00 credits.
    Each prospective partner must gather the amount of 25,000.00 credits, a total of 50,000.00 credits.
    Not to be rude or disrepectful, but what about those who can't afford those prices? I know a few couples who've wanted to get unioned for the longest but would never afford the prices.
    In the end, when all is said and done, the shadow of the day will embrace the world in grey. The sun will rise again for you someday, but today, let the world stay grey. We're forever marching, forever fighting. For one night, let the world stay grey. I promise one day the sun shall rise again... just for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Monique View Post
      what about those who can't afford those prices?
      I wanted the large bullmastiff dog which costs 38000 credits. It was important enough that I bought little else while I was saving for the dog. The thing about unionizing is, if this is someone you want that much as your life partner, then it should be worth saving the credits for. Look how many German shepherds we have in the colony, as well as other dogs. They were important enough for people to save for, and that's a animal.

If getting unionized is that important to the couple, then it should be important enough to save for.

Just my personal opinion.
      First Patient of Mendus
      Manchester's 'Accident Prone' Patient

SPCade "And by we I mean Nyx"
      PL: Fionn (Fionnghuala)
      CM: Finella
      ICO: Thera
      LC: Belle Griffin

The Underground Starts Here!

Comment

I agree with both Nell and Nikki ..
        Getting unioned shouldn't be that easy. It should be something you take the time to think about and work hard for.
        However.. I really think that a shared apartment key should be given free or discounted to couples who get unioned. Otherwise, it'll either take forever for you to be able to live with your spouse, or forever for you to actually get unioned after you move in together, which is putting undo stress and discouragement on couples that might otherwise work out just fine. It shouldn't have to be a choice between "Do we want to live together, or get unioned? We can't afford both."

Comment

Live together first.
          Try it on for size before ya get unionized.

Comment

Not to sound like I'm stupid or anything... well, maybe in this case sounding stupid is ok...

But...People talk about Unionizing, but what is it really? I mean what benefits are there to being unionized? If people are a couple, usually everyone knows eventually right?
            First Patient of Mendus

Comment

OOC Question: If you have a key to someone else's apartment, will you be able to set a room there as your @home?
              If I had someone living with me I would want them to log in already at my place, realistically.

Comment

Originally posted by Quill View Post
                OOC Question: If you have a key to someone else's apartment, will you be able to set a room there as your @home?
                If I had someone living with me I would want them to log in already at my place, realistically.

ooc: I think Laz said you could set any room in your -own- apartment as your log in default, but you can't set a room in another person's apartment as @home

<IC> Um... I'm still waiting to hear what the benefits are for Unionizing. 50,000 credits is a lot for something that just recognizes you as partners. I mean, most people know who is romantically involved with whom, and if you don't get any extra benefits - for example - if I was asleep, could my partner pick up items I ordered from Central Processing?
                First Patient of Mendus

Comment

Originally posted by Fionnghuala View Post
                  ooc: I think Laz said you could set any room in your -own- apartment as your log in default, but you can't set a room in another person's apartment as @home

<IC> Um... I'm still waiting to hear what the benefits are for Unionizing. 50,000 credits is a lot for something that just recognizes you as partners. I mean, most people know who is romantically involved with whom, and if you don't get any extra benefits - for example - if I was asleep, could my partner pick up items I ordered from Central Processing?
                  I honestly think you all are just finding a reason to push jacuzzi bathtubs, seriously I think living with the one you love, and having it claimed to all or alpha in a nice ceremony that you are each others love is enough, but you keep pushing your greedy factor and what you have might not be nnymore. I honesty would be happy to just have unification and apt. sharing....

Comment

I honesty would be happy to just have unification and apt. sharing....
                    Yeah, but why pay 50K credits when you can just say that you are unified and just share apartments?
                    First Patient of Mendus

Comment

You pay the credits to show that ya be serious about it and so ya don't just randomly back out of it. To show the colony that your seriously love the one ya workin so hard for. To be offically recognized by law and all that other stuff. Its a serious and important thin. This way ya got to think about it and if you back out then your out ya credits. If your serious then it won't seem to be so much. Ya will be willin to work for the one ya love . If people could just go around 'saying' they are unified then it wouldn't be so important. I think the credits are more then plenty to be able to say ya gonna be with ya partner forever. And takin the time from people in case it don't work and all. Ya shouldn't need any extra benifits... And weren't ya just sayin if it was important to a couple then it was worth it? Its not to much if ya serious

Comment

Originally posted by KVeronica View Post
                        And weren't ya just sayin if it was important to a couple then it was worth it?

Yes, I was. I was referring more to protections of that priveledge, i.e. should something happen to cause a couple to separate? If there is an outside individual that is partially responsible for the separation, would said outside person be faced with a fine to repay the unionized individual who has suffered an alienation of affection?

I know no one likes to talk about breaking up, but it does happen. I want to know that the government isn't simple selling a digital paper that isn't worth the credits it cost to produce it, or something that can be dissolved by dropping the paper in a refuse receptacle.

Is this an issue that has been dealt with by natural borns outside of the colony? If so, then how was it resolved?
                        First Patient of Mendus

Comment

Originally posted by Fionnghuala View Post

Yes, I was. I was referring more to protections of that priveledge, i.e. should something happen to cause a couple to separate? If there is an outside individual that is partially responsible for the separation, would said outside person be faced with a fine to repay the unionized individual who has suffered an alienation of affection?

I know no one likes to talk about breaking up, but it does happen. I want to know that the government isn't simple selling a digital paper that isn't worth the credits it cost to produce it, or something that can be dissolved by dropping the paper in a refuse receptacle.
                          Hi!
                          The OOC part:
                          There is the fact that we are dealing with two things... IC and OOC. IC your characters are what you make them OOC, how you create, conceive, what's inspiring you etc. Of course we know all as role-players that we try to conceive a character's personality and then we try to make it react according to those pre-specified characteristics. But like everything in life, we can't always count on people to make specific choices that make sense to us. This is why we tried this approach to Union. People wanted to have relationships and wanted to role-play those relationships. But from a Staff's point of view we have to also protect your overall enjoyment of the game. This is why the Union is expensive. It will be hard to reach, to avoid decisions later on that might cause you grief as a player, like losing a particularly important object that you earned and cannot get back. Also there are some mechanics of the games we cannot simply go around and change. This current system of apartment sharing and access is the best we can provide the playerbase with considering all these important elements.]
                          But also a character is played by someone.. So even if it should be that that character should act in a specific expected way, some RL things could change that and cause an unexpected reaction.

The IC part :
                          We cannot guaranty that your partner will always use his or her better judgment, and this is why you must choose carefully, and encourage your partner to come up with 25000 credits on their own. Also we encourage the Citizens to not engage themselves with people they have not carefully screened and are very familiar with before deciding to get involved in a union or even getting them or getting an access ring from them.
                          There is a good amount of perks offered with a union package. Please refer to the other information resource titled "Apartment Sharing And Unions".
                          We are always offering any type of mental and emotional support to any citizens of the colony who are willing to receive it, through the medical department.
                          (ooc: I came back to edit the original but I seem to have ran out of time and I would like to have it all in one place neat and clean and together on a different thread... You could keep on adding your comments in this one so that we don't need to jump back and forth? ^.^)
                          First Advisor in the Alpha Colony
                          Phone # Alaris-4F

Comment

mental and emotional help?

A mental hazafa-what support? ....this should be made aware...-NOW- to everyone...possibly...thanks...

Comment

Working...
                            X