<IC> Medical/Synthetic Training Kit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• <IC> Medical/Synthetic Training Kit

Dr. Wei has graciously provided us with a training kit that can be used by both medical personnel and those wishing to study repair of synthetic beings.

Please contact me to set up a time to borrow the kit, or we can set up specific times when we can use it as a group to study.
    First Patient of Mendus
    Manchester's 'Accident Prone' Patient

SPCade "And by we I mean Nyx"
    PL: Fionn (Fionnghuala)
    CM: Finella
    ICO: Thera
    LC: Belle Griffin

The Underground Starts Here!

Don't mean to pester you more nell...

Originally posted by Fionnghuala View Post
    Dr. Wei has graciously provided us with a training kit that can be used by both medical personnel and those wishing to study repair of synthetic beings.

Please contact me to set up a time to borrow the kit, or we can set up specific times when we can use it as a group to study.
    I was kinda asked why you have the kit.. shouldn't it be in medical hands? Unless ya gave it to Mo or Quill already then ignore me. But.. medical stuff should be in the hands of medical people.. just so you know.. don't hate me for saying it.. I know you've been angry at me lately.. just.. had to say it cause.. tis kinda... true... you're maintenance.. not medical..

Comment

I gotta agree with Domi....why isn't it with a medi? Or the hospital so those wishin to study it can get to it easily?

Comment

OOC: *grumbles* Short answer: I paid story points for it.

ooc: long answer: I paid story points for it; things like the vacuum and janitor cart are community property used for the *character* job, but this is personal *player* property. I got it so we would have IC reasons to make dolls and synthetic infants for those who want them. We can RP making the dolls, and studying the systems, and if you want a real doll from it, you will have to pay credits as well as storypoints, but now there is an IC way to get them without going through Wei, Manchester or others. I was doing it to help everyone who wanted to be able to make dolls, and synthetic infants. We can also make canines, felines, rodents and rabbits, all with a couple limited reaction functions (i.e. like Johan's popping head, and Avery's bleeding eyes). *grumbles* *is upset because she was trying to do something nice for people and is getting disrespected for it*

<IC> Because it is for both medics and for mechanics to learn about synthetics as well as other biological systems. It isn't just for medical. It's for everyone interested in learning. If it is in the medical supply closet other non medical people won't be able to get to it. No offence to Quill, who is awake a lot, but the medical people just aren't awake as much as I am.

And I am not angry at you Domi - what makes you think so?
        First Patient of Mendus

Comment

I didn't say anything so we wouldn't have this drama..

But if you don't tell me oocly that you bought it occly for icly things, expect me to have her react icly. So I was upset you didn't tell me oocly cause I feel like a fool just having gone off icly. But it doesn't give you the right to tell me that you didn't tell me you bought it oocly for icly purposes because of icly reactions and be ticked by my icly reaction. Again, I DIDN'T KNOW YOU BOUGHT IT WITH STORYPOINTS! So please understand me when I'm trying so hard not to blow up for WHY you would be upset that I'm upset that you think how I just reacted is balocks and far beyond the true icly reaction ANYONE would have.

(s/n: dom may blow up a lot icly, but i never EVER get ticked oocly as i just did now. I'm sorry my patients was probably a bit short today. But with all understandings. I know I have a point. thank you.)

Comment

ooc: No worries, it was an issue that could be dealt with IC-ly too. But really it's so we have an IC way for people to get synthetic infants, or rabbits, or cats or dogs... It is a DOLL KIT. We can have fun making the dolls...

Getting these objects made into items players can keep: It will cost credits and storypoints for the player who wants an object. Laz said basic cost is 50 sp and will include a reaction or two for the doll. More complex programming will most likely cost more in credits and sp.

But those of you wanting synthic infants, NOW IS YOUR CHANCE TO GET ONE
            First Patient of Mendus

Comment

OOC: Oh, I would loooove a synthetic doll! The credits cost is fine, but.... I only have 18 storypoints, and since I already have a one-year membership with Skotos (basic; bought it since it's cheaper then month by month in the end), no way for me to get more storypoints until that runs out in September.

To Lazarus or any other staff: please suggest that they sell JUST storypoints for people in situations like mine.... I'd gladly buy several thousand storypoints with my money, but I can't get them through the premium membership given my current situation... which sucks.

Comment

ooc: You can help with "building" items. contact me via game or PM in the forum and I will email you the template that Laz sent me. Granted builder help is only goiong to earn you about 10 sp a month, but that is better and none
                First Patient of Mendus

Comment

You can upgrade to premium. At least I believe that used to be the case. If you purchase a year of premium, the money you already paid for basic will be credited to your bill for premium, and you will only be charged the difference. Contact Skotos to confirm, but I'm sure they will do it for you if it's not automated already - what company would pass up more money?

But they won't sell storypoints.. that has been brought up before. I forget Skotos' reasoning.. but I am glad they don't straight out sell then there wouldn't be any SP economy and games would be so flooded with 'special' items.. and think of the weary coders.

Comment

I just want to clarify one matter regarding the bio-mechanical kit. You can obtain relatively simple dolls or synthetic creatures from it, but it won't create items at the complexity of the existing synthetic infants in-game. I don't mind some dolls about, but I don't think anyone wants to see a game full of crying/pooping babies.

It's more like a somewhat odd, fancy doll kit, as Fionn suggested.

As for storypoints, I have no control as to how Skotos offers points. I can throw some points to people who build things for the game, but if anyone is interested in that, please contact me first.

Comment

Working...
                    X