OOC: Relationship "Plots"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OOC: Relationship "Plots"

I'm sure everyone's been thinking it, but I'm going to bite the bullet and say it now.

If you've got your characters involved in little relationship duels, keep it off com.
    Personally, I don't care if they're going on. If you like those kind of plots, I get it. Hooray drama. I'll keep my characters out of them 90% of them time, monogamous chars FTW. But what's been going on recently has been just ridiculous on both IC and even worse, OOC levels.

Continued abuse of the com system will eventually lead to it being shut down. I have Zin listen to com because he intends to make sure he's there to help people in need, not to hear people swear at each other and bicker like a bunch of prepubescent 9th graders during spring fling week.
    When it gets annoying on the OOC level, it's time to stop.

Nuff' said.

Friendly reminder on disorderly conduct

While conflict does add to the overall enjoyment of the game, excess achieves the opposite effect. Disorderly conduct on the public neuralcom will be dealt with just like any other type of law offense.

The Neuralcom is a public channel that you are privileged to use. Remember to be considerate to all the brains being linked to it.

Thank you.

Comment

Whoa! Okay, let me be the first to say, "Calm down!". I teach at a middle school, and because I'm such an awesome teacher , we play lots of games, despite the fact that 1/2 of them get really pissy when they lose. When that happens, I just say, "Calm down, it's just a game!" I'm going to say that now, so, calm down, it's just a game. I mean no offense, I'm just saying that it's just a game. Let things play out the way they do. Don't try to put a bunch of restricting rules on everyone. Most of the games in my class are pretty free, just like...like...a skirt ? Anyways, yeah, Zin and Wende, let things be like a skirt: Free and...something, but, yeah, please don't go and put restrictions on the kinds of plots that can form. And, in my opinion (opinions are like asses, everyone's got one), the com is not a privilege, but more like a right. That's just my opinion, though. Please don't do "com silence". It's like shutting the com down, which is silly and restrictive, and something I won't say for fear of being banned. And ,what ooc levels ? I didn't see that. And, they're Metas, so it'd be stupid to shut coms off like that. Honestly, I think that if that happens, I will tell people not play. Sorry, really I am.
      Not Randy anymore. I'm now Izaac.

Comment

OOC: not restricting rules, just asking you to be courtious to your fellow players. I think this is one of the few games that has an IC global communication system. Be a shame for you to nix the game just because an additional benefit that no one lese has is taken away due to your own abuse of it.
        Last edited by Fionnghuala; 03-01-2008, 04:53 PM. Reason: for additional rant
        First Patient of Mendus
        Manchester's 'Accident Prone' Patient

SPCade "And by we I mean Nyx"
        PL: Fionn (Fionnghuala)
        CM: Finella
        ICO: Thera
        LC: Belle Griffin

The Underground Starts Here!

Comment

I'm not really abusing the com, so much as Zin-player is abusing freedom. No offense to him, though. Really. Seriously. Honestly. Just saying what I think.
          Last edited by Randolph; 03-01-2008, 05:01 PM. Reason: Sorry, Zin-player! You're awesome!

Comment

OOC: Now I'm gonna have to come in and openly oppose this posting

Badmouthing people in com is litterally part of -who- my character is. These types of arguments about relationships or not do in fact often spread into the public com.

Now, when you hear one of these arguments and you don't like it -that- is what the com off function is for. When it's something you don't want to hear.

Trying to put OOC restrictions on it is just putting OOC restrictions on a pretty big part of roleplay. (lets face it, you all know IC relationships is about half of the RP you get >.>)

Comment

I don't think anyone is suggesting limiting your freedoms regarding types of plots. And the Com channel won't be shut down, so don't worry about that.

But, remember Com is considered IC. So, if a character is considered abusive or disorderly on the channel, it's the same as if you were acting that way in-person (or character to character, I mean). If an officer of the law finds you disorderly, he or she can have you arrested. If you repeat this offense, your communication chip can be removed.

So... you can act disorderly, abusive, or however you wish, in private with another character. But if you take it over com, every single character can hear it too, including administrators and police. And that most likely will lead to bad things for your character.

The Neuralcom is considered a privilege icly. And it can be deactivated for specific characters -- just a friendly warning.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazarus View Post
                The Neuralcom is considered a privilege icly. And it can be deactivated for specific characters -- just a friendly warning.
                OOo.... didn't know that... *ponders*
                First Patient of Mendus

Comment

Originally posted by Fionnghuala View Post
                  OOo.... didn't know that... *ponders*
                  It's nothing new. Check out 'Help Com'.

Please be advised that abuse of this device will result in deactivation. Major brain surgery will be required for all abusers, causing extreme pain and loss of mental function.

Comment

Right. That just further creates new RP. If you want to punish someone for abusing com, do it IC. The OOC isn't really needed.

Comment

If you haven't noticed there are a lot of controversial characters who make drama on a regular basis. The player usually does it on purpose because its fun for them. I think its fun myself. In my opinion theres nothing wrong with it because honestly...this would be a dull game without it. And I don't mean that its boring in itself because thats not what I mean at all. Any RPG would be dull without drama. And relationship drama is most common because like Vallon's player said relationships are pretty much half of your RPing for most people. And as for com...Theres going to be drama on the com too. I agree if you abuse your com then sure you can get it taken away. IC actions have IC consequences just like anything else. But for example...if you're stuck in Mendus or jail...Mendus especially with minimal people to talk to and no phone you're going to use com more than likely...And if you have a controversial character...theres going to be controversy on com. If you try to restrict the com from characters in that situation...that really restricts about 70% of their RPing...making it not that much fun. And I can understand that not everyone is comfortable with everything and Im sure if you say something OOC about it you're fellow players will stop. But Im just saying...you have to see the other side of things too. No offense to anyone.

Comment

I probably over-stated my origional post on this. I don't want com to become silent, or restricted in any way.
                        Just maybe suggesting to try and keep it a -wee- bit more....Well, I'd say mature but I'm not sure that's the word I'm looking for. Volatile characters I have no problems with, just...if it resorts to what will wind up as 30 minutes of non-stop, rapid fire spammy name calling, take it to the phones, unless you -want- you chracters to have their com's drilled out.

Comment

When it's 4 or 5 people involved, phones just aren't possible! If you don't like it, turn your com off, okay? I was nice in my first two posts, but I'm in a very foul mood today, so I'm going to speak my mind, and not hold back: If you don't like it, stop whining and turn your com off. You don't have to listen, you know. When it comes to "30 minutes of non-stop, rapid fire spammy name calling", don't whine, and turn your com off. Nuff said. Sorry I'm so blunt, but I'm mad right now.

Comment

I would like to ask for this discussion to remain civil. As for com, please keep in mind common courtesy, (on an ooc level).

If a char is disruptive or abusive on com, it can be handled icly. Some conflict, if RPed properly, is a good thing.

If a player is disruptive on com, then the player may be suspended, or lose com privileges.

And what is the difference? Repeated spammy messages, obscene language, etc., on com is considered an ooc/player issue -- pretty much the same rules Skotos uses in their terms of service.

Comment

Originally posted by Randolph View Post
                              When it's 4 or 5 people involved, phones just aren't possible!
                              I know many many people who would dissagree with you on the possiblitiy of carrying on conversations over phone whith 4 or 5 people at a time... it's called macros.... that way you can make short cut typing for phrases you would use a lot such as "CMP" for "call my phone" and "stmp" for "say to my phone"... if you are using IE, and use the MACRO ADD and MACRO STORE commands, they get stored to the Skotos server and you can use them from any computer you happen to log in from. If you use Zealotry, you can use the preferences to add them to a list there. Lots of people have mastered this skill.

Please note, if more than one person is telling you to be quiet, then chances are that you are disturbing more than the one person you intend to insult. Hence the request for you to use your phone more often. Or Email. Both systems work. Every character receives a Handheld computer as part of the welcome box in your apartment, it is a free resource, you don't pay any creditzs to use your computer. Take it out and keep it with you. If you have lost your handhelp computer, contact me in game, and I will do my best to get you a replacement handheld computer as quickly as possible.

Sorry I'm so blunt, but I'm mad right now.
                              I've found that if I get mad as a PLAYER, then it is time to log out for a bit and get away from the game. Generally speaking, if you use your character to take out your Real Life frustrations, usually things will not go so well for your character, and you will end up... in jail or in Mendus.

If you feel mad as the Player, then you probably shouldn't be responding to anyone in game for a few minutes until you get control of yourself. If you have taken IC actions that end you up in places like Mendus, if you have your character learn from that experince and change his future actions, then he won't keep ending up there.

We all get in bad moods from time to time, please... if you feel you have to take your bad mood out on me (or my character as a substitute for me) by spouting crap all the time, I'm not going to want to play with you very much.

Aside to Araine... Mendus and Jail are supposed to be punishments for characters which (IC'ly) do not follow the rules. It is not supposed to be "fun" for them. I agree we do have a lack of doctors around to take care of people who end up in Mendus, however, avoiding going to Mendus is easy. We can all say, "But that isn't what my character would do!" Then you as a player need to accept that if you get sent to Mendus, then your character will not have much opportunity to do much RP or anything else. Be mad all you want, but if your IC actions get you sent to Mendus, you only have yourself to blame.

To everyone else:
                              I for one, do not like feeling it is necessary to turn over a resource (i.e. rewarding IC actions that are considered "bad" by the community) to characters (or Players) who feel ok bullying others, be it verbally or physically. I do not tolerate bullies or trolls. IC-ly or OOC-ly. Randy, fair warning to you, I feel that you are getting close to both.

{And there is my RANT for the day}
                              First Patient of Mendus

Comment

Working...
                              X