OOC: Relationship "Plots"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fionnghuala View Post
    Aside to Araine... Mendus and Jail are supposed to be punishments for characters which (IC'ly) do not follow the rules. It is not supposed to be "fun" for them. I agree we do have a lack of doctors around to take care of people who end up in Mendus, however, avoiding going to Mendus is easy. We can all say, "But that isn't what my character would do!" Then you as a player need to accept that if you get sent to Mendus, then your character will not have much opportunity to do much RP or anything else. Be mad all you want, but if your IC actions get you sent to Mendus, you only have yourself to blame.
    I actually wanted Sammy to go to Mendus. I purposely got him in there because I noticed we were losing people whos characters ended up in Mendus so I thought maybe I could help provide entertainment. I never ICly or OOCly asked for him to be released or wanted him to. And its supposed to be fun weather you get sent to Mendus, jail or whatever because its a game. I love when bad things happen to my characters. Its one of the best parts I think. But all Im saying is that there isnt much to do in Mendus and all the people there really have is com and when you take com away well...there pretty much goes their fun. If you have a problem with com spam ooc to the point where you have to say something then say it and Im sure it will stop if not then its time to assist it. Im not trying to sound mean or anything Im just saying that you kind of have to see it from both sides.

Comment

I've found that if I get mad as a PLAYER, then it is time to log out for a bit and get away from the game. Generally speaking, if you use your character to take out your Real Life frustrations, usually things will not go so well for your character, and you will end up... in jail or in Mendus.

If you feel mad as the Player, then you probably shouldn't be responding to anyone in game for a few minutes until you get control of yourself. If you have taken IC actions that end you up in places like Mendus, if you have your character learn from that experince and change his future actions, then he won't keep ending up there.

We all get in bad moods from time to time, please... if you feel you have to take your bad mood out on me (or my character as a substitute for me) by spouting crap all the time, I'm not going to want to play with you very much.

To everyone else:
      I for one, do not like feeling it is necessary to turn over a resource (i.e. rewarding IC actions that are considered "bad" by the community) to characters (or Players) who feel ok bullying others, be it verbally or physically. I do not tolerate bullies or trolls. IC-ly or OOC-ly. Randy, fair warning to you, I feel that you are getting close to both.

I wasn't angry with this conversation, I was angry with a conversation I had had with a Staff person, though I won't say who. Anyways, Randy is a bully. I am not. I am against bullying in real-life/ooc-ly. I always try to keep my bad attitude (if I'm in a bad mood) out of ooc, but if I'm in a bad mood, Randy probably will be, too, but only ic-ly. To those people who feel that I have insulted them ooc-ly, I am sorry. I'm also sorry about what I said in that "blunt" post. I probably should've taken a deep breath before I wrote that. Sorry.
      Not Randy anymore. I'm now Izaac.

Comment

Alright... my two pennies worth. Arguments do make Com interesting sometimes I'll admit that. And if conflict stopped, Ri'd have no-one to lecture and tell off basically. He likes to feel he has an influence and is liked at the same time...

However sometimes I do feel people go a bit too far. I often get tired of having to make Ri try to calm things down and I know that'll bring on comments of "Well don't then.". The thing is, it's not my choice, that's who Ri is. I can't change my character for an OOC reason unless it affects my health or my own personal choice. I like Ri the way he is.

When people start on Ri (Yes this is selfish but it's gotta be said) I as a player get stressed out not because I feel people are starting on me but because I have to deal with Ri's responses and overall, my choice to arguments is to sit in the stands and watch the tennis match so to speak.

Plus the added fact that it's just not enjoyable for me to listen to this misery on a game... sure it is a game but come on... even Lovecraft is cheerier than Lazarus sometimes and that game involves death on a regular basis.

Overall, I don't mind conflict but take it too far and I just think "Why am I paying 6.95 a month just to be stuck in a warzone?".

Alright, rant over, thanks for listening and I don't mean to offend anyone.

Gotta love Hunter Man

Striding along the path, rifle in my hand. My senses spreading, across this vast land. The beast inside, coming alive. Looking around, watching everything thrive. I know I can't come, to any harm. There's no need, for any alarm. I'm Hunter Man, wild and free. There's no-one else... quite like me!

The power of One means nothing, if there are not many to appreciate it.

Comment

Really not getting into this till I feel the need...but....just wanted to put a little sidenote in just in case people didn't know or whatever...You don't have to pay to play Lazarus. Its free at the moment

Comment

Wow. Ummm...

I think everyone needs to take a step back and take a calmer look at this situation.

The com itself is a pure IC tool, (Though I have seen people use it for ooc means and chatter as well).

A -large- number of the playerbase utilizes com to carry on arguments, hurl insults, or what have you. Personally, I find that all highly entertaining. As grouchy and nasty as my -character- is, I find that what was once a possibly boring day in Alpha is now highly amusing because Lasely/Vallon/Veronica/Nell/etc. is having a go at someone over com.

Yes, I confess that Alpha can get kinda soap-opera-ish at times. The atmosphere is small, and the main interaction people have between one another is interpersonal relationships. That is essentially what makes it a social game.

In general, people are rough, crude, hostile, gruff, whiny, bully-like, and annoying. -Contrarily-, I would ask how a person who is stuck in a tiny colony where he/she is experimented on, and generally repressed -should- act?

I know I'd likely be rough, crude, hostile, gruff, whiny, bully-like, and/or annoying. I know my character fits most of those descriptions.

Due to this, conflict is pretty much prevalent in the game ... and something I've noticed is that everyone seems to want to have the dramatic storm-out. They give their last word -- perfectly planned in their mind -- then dash for the nearest exit. While all nice and dramatic, it rather leaves the RP door closed for the other person involved. We've all seen this scenario (and probably done it): Person X and Person Y are having a grand row in the lobby, and X makes for the door. Y calls X on the phone, where said row is continued. X shuts off their phone, and possibly even shouts out a "com and phone off!" over the com. To which Y responds "But ..", and takes the RP to com. Argument ensues.

I think a lot of this problem could be resoled if people allowed their RP to come to a conclusion/resolution, instead of relying on RP tools like com to further RP that it better off kept in private. Give the person you're RPing with a chance to reply before storming from the room. Or if you're going to continue the battle, turn your phone back on.

In general, I would say that people are pretty good about keeping the cussing off the com. I hear a lot of drama, but not a lot of spammage name-calling. Insults, yes. But honestly, I think that adds a lot to the flavor of Alpha. To be quite frank ... where would any of us be without the drama? Probably pretty bored.

In the end, nobody says you have to interact with anyone else who's drama you don't like. Everyone has the option of turning their com off. Or simply ignoring it. If you don't like what's being said, don't perpetuate it by jumping on the argument bandwagon. If you think it crosses IC/OOC bounds, file an assist. Coming to a long-winded conclusion that basically supports most of what everyone else just said:
            Let the other players' IC actions reap IC consequences. If you are annoyed OOCly, take steps to avoid that kind of RP -- but let the people who -do- enjoy it the freedom to participate in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Anoura View Post
              In the end, nobody says you have to interact with anyone else who's drama you don't like. Everyone has the option of turning their com off. Or simply ignoring it. If you don't like what's being said, don't perpetuate it by jumping on the argument bandwagon. If you think it crosses IC/OOC bounds, file an assist. Coming to a long-winded conclusion that basically supports most of what everyone else just said:
              Let the other players' IC actions reap IC consequences. If you are annoyed OOCly, take steps to avoid that kind of RP -- but let the people who -do- enjoy it the freedom to participate in it.

EXACTLY!!!!!
              Do what Anoura-player says!!!!! Thank you, Anoura-player!!!!!

Comment

Hi...I think everyone should leave this post alone and, in the words of Bella: "Give each other a great big teddy bear huggie!!"

Comment

Although my opinion is blashphomey ...

I agree with Izzy.
                  I have not read this forum complete word for word....nor I do I really care or want to know what everyone have been going at each other for.
                  But like Bella -player said, forgive and forget and move on?
                  No hurtful feelings or bitterness between anyone, just enjoy the game lovies
                  Please and thank you! <3

Comment

*Hugs everyone*

Comment

*gets squished*

Hey, HEY! You're wrinkling my work jumpsuit....
                      First Patient of Mendus
                      Manchester's 'Accident Prone' Patient

SPCade "And by we I mean Nyx"
                      PL: Fionn (Fionnghuala)
                      CM: Finella
                      ICO: Thera
                      LC: Belle Griffin

The Underground Starts Here!

Comment

Working...
                      X