Xercie AWOL

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xercie AWOL

Just thought I'd pop in and let everyone know what it was that has kept me from participating in Lazarus...

Time and again, I have heard people complain OOC'ly about the desire for some kind of 'plot' or a real story-line more so than the typical day to day routine of general socilization...and I'm no different in this regard.

However, I do find it intensly annoying, and extremely arrogant of 'older' players simply blocking out newer players from plot lines simply because they haven't been here 'long enough'

Last time I logged on we were still dealing with that wonderful Graham from outside the colony, and despite being the first, and a rpominant contact, every turn within the colony was met with a total lack of cooperation, there were no open doors...and heaven forbid speaking ones mind...it was like walking on eggshells just to say hello.

The cast of characters in Lazarus is small, there is no reason not to include EVERY SINGLE PERSON in some aspect of any ongoing plot in some manner, provided they wish to participate that is; not everyone does.

I personnally do not find myself motivated to play the part of an extra, a superfluous snippet of dialog that has no bearing on the plot at hand... so when every path was blocked? I said fine, these people don't want me here.

At this point in time I have seen nothing that changes that point of view, so I will give everyone the chance to prove me wrong. Below is my e-mail address, one set up specifically for this purpose:

if you want Xercie to come back, or if you don't want her to come back, drop me a line and tell me why. Granted I can't expect results in just a few days, so will give this 2 weeks from the date of posting.

Museofplato@live.com

I look forward to seeing what comes of this. Meantime, enjoy
    Xercie shoulld come back
    50.00%
    xercie should not come back
    50.00%
    don't care
    0.00%
    who is Xercie?
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

Originally posted by osoka View Post

Last time I logged on we were still dealing with that wonderful Graham from outside the colony, and despite being the first, and a rpominant contact, every turn within the colony was met with a total lack of cooperation, there were no open doors...and heaven forbid speaking ones mind...it was like walking on eggshells just to say hello.
    OK, can we separate out IC non-cooperation and ooc non-cooperation, because they are different issues.

I (the player) was looking forward to seeing what you would do with Xercie's contact with him, and how you would finess the information you needed.

I (the Character) have reason to fear being arrested and tortured by the Blackguard. That does not mean that the plot has stalled out. The information may be slow in coming, but do not expect other player characters (note: I am not a staffer, and Fionn is not a VP character, there is no requirement for me to make it easy for you to get info from her) to just hand over information readily just becuse you ask. The Conspiracy flavor of the game is here, and what your character might not be able to get from mine, you might be able to get from another character I am willing to share information with (and there are at least 5 other PC's in the loop here both what might be considered old guard and newer ones - No, the Player is not sharing that IC info). Brow beating the Player OOC-ly for information is not going to get it. Browbeating the Character definitely will not get you the information. ASking peole Character doesn't know or trust to ask for the information may or may not get it, but will include others in the plot.

As was discussed in the thread What is good Role Playing there may be character motivations going on for the reactions you get, which will take time and more RP to lean about. Again, it is an IC issue, not an OOC one, that should be solved via IC means. Xercie is a relatively young person, and im my personal opinion (as Player here) needs to network more with her fellow metas and build up her contacts - which takes time and is not just an automatic given. By expecting it to be a given you cut out a lot of the Social RP that is part of the game.

Believe me or not, Xercie has info that will be important in the end, so your call if you want to bring her back or not.

My two credits for what it is worth. Agree, don't agree, don't care, have your own opinion.
    First Patient of Mendus
    Manchester's 'Accident Prone' Patient

SPCade "And by we I mean Nyx"
    PL: Fionn (Fionnghuala)
    CM: Finella
    ICO: Thera
    LC: Belle Griffin

The Underground Starts Here!

Comment

I have to agree with Fionn. I don't think anyone was blocking you OOC , at least not on purpose, with plots like Grahame plot its not exactly suppsta be public knowledge and its suppsta be all convert and sometimes ya have to work harder for the information because they don't wanna get in trouble or there against helping Grahme. I don't think anyone would try to block you OOC. I also think if people are blocking you IC or the doors are closed that in itself can be turned into its own RP

I'd also like to note that speakings one mind, if in favor of the IC 'traitor' and goverment wanted man isn't exactly gonna be looked on nicely and might getcha in lottsa trouble IC but its all IC. No ones gonna IC-ly like that who's playing a law abiding citizen. Its not blocking you. Just giving you a different kinda RP ^.^
      Last edited by KVeronica; 10-10-2008, 03:50 PM.

Comment

hrm

Well I am sad that ic operations and rping can disturb or destroy the outlook on this game. ...I am also sad that Xercie doesn't wanna come back

I wish we could all just be happy again....*sigh* I feel like i'm in a bad relationship with my computer or something.
        Madalina Blue and Saruno

Comment

Fionn touched on most of the points I'd make. In certain types of plots there will be closed doors, but it usually is due to ic reasons, and not ooc ones.

Since staff (myself mostly) created the Grahame plot, I do hope players would be willing to contact staff via assists or pages if they feel something about a plot (or the game) is bothering them. I find it frustrating when players quit without even contacting staff first about any game problems they may be having. I can't do anything about it if I don't know about it.

And since I made up the Grahame plot, I do know for a fact many aspects of it were difficult to follow-up with. I admit I didn't expect you to quit over these difficulties though.

Comment

looks like a dozen folk have responded to the poll so far... and to date no one has bothered to utilize the email address provided. It's been only three days, so will give it the promised 11 more before I listen to the poll.

I really expected the argument concerning OOC and IC issues, and wish to clarify my position.

giving a person a difficult task is a good thing. But how is it a possible task, when all of the advantages are on the other side of the race? set two teams to build a house..so far so good..but then tell one team that they have to grow the trees first then invent hammers and nails....while providing prefabricated wall sections to the opposing team...the ~difficult task~ has just become the impossible task. You want to claim it's all IC? fine...call this ~browbeating?...fine...just proving my point for me, thanks.

Comment

The whole thing is not a impossible task, lovely. No one is saying you can't win or telling you not to do this plot, to my knowledge, this plot actually needs more people. No one is blocking you OOC just IC cause this is a turbulent IC issue. If your gonna to IC-ly go against the gaint powerful colony and all ya shouldn't expect everyone, more so the loyal colonist IC to jump on your bandwagon IC, if anything they will be very much against such behavior but that doesn't mean they don't like you OOC or like your char OOC or think your doing a nifty job. There just responding IC. This plot isn't impossible. Its just a touch long and has to be handled in a manner thats really delicate. If you want to do the grahame plot and side with him and not get snipped at or wondered about then you have to do it in a very smart way. But no one ooc-ly is trying to push you away from a plot. It'd be niftied if ya came back to help it out....But OOC is OOC. Its not pushing you away for OOC reasons but IC ones. Its not a impossible task. There just lottsa different ways to do it, each with there own consequences and rewards

Comment

Originally posted by osoka View Post
                giving a person a difficult task is a good thing. But how is it a possible task, when all of the advantages are on the other side of the race? set two teams to build a house..so far so good..but then tell one team that they have to grow the trees first then invent hammers and nails....while providing prefabricated wall sections to the opposing team...the ~difficult task~ has just become the impossible task. You want to claim it's all IC? fine...call this ~browbeating?...fine...just proving my point for me, thanks.
                You think you have it hard? I've been dealing with the difficulty getting information issue for a year and a half, it is something that I took directly to staff and continue to discuss privately with staff. You haven't been treated any differently than anyone else in the game, honestly you have not.

Have your own opinion. I don't expect everyone to like or enjoy the same things I do, as I do not like and enjoy some things others do. But yes, it is an IC issue. You do have to work a bit harder at getting information here than you might elsewhere.

I have not written to the email address provided as you made a public complaint that I felt should be answered with in a public reply.
                First Patient of Mendus
                Manchester's 'Accident Prone' Patient

SPCade "And by we I mean Nyx"
                PL: Fionn (Fionnghuala)
                CM: Finella
                ICO: Thera
                LC: Belle Griffin

The Underground Starts Here!

Comment

Da-Rp-bomb!

PEOPLE! What the heck are you doing? Your pushing a player/character away because of a silly plot? Get over it! Xercie get your butt back on this game or I'm going to cry. Theres -plenty- of other things Xercie can do. Anyone that says a character should just disappear or something should be ashamed of themselves. Thats -deffinately- not promoting RP. I was one of Xercie's favorite fans I'm sure. She was awesome and always promoted rp asking if people wanted to croc hunt.

Summary: Come back Zee...
                  This is they crazy guy..you may know him as Malice or that insane idiot thats about to jump in front of the train...whats that mother? That light isnt heaven and I -should- go to it? Ok!...um...SPLAT!

Malice (how the crazies will see him)

Comment

Working...
                  X