X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sarafina
    replied
    Please see the idle in public thread.

You can all ignore the action as Vallon's player said. But do not idle in public and this will solve this problem. A lot of new players aren't going to understand this game and you can save yourself by not idling in public.

Pretty easy.

As I said in the idle thread -- if you have to go suddenly, close your window before you do.

Leave a comment:

• Fionnghuala
    replied
    You've never seen me in a troll flame war yet.

Leave a comment:

• Sephraem
    replied
    Regarding Nell's Anger

I think she should try to teach us on how to be pissy without breakin a sweat. God knows I need to make Seph like that.

Leave a comment:

• TroubuleD
    replied
    wow

i love how cute nell is when she is angry. lol

Leave a comment:

• Sephraem
    replied
    Damnable tots. Can we change Phibe's mission from getting a brain to somethin that doesn't involve a gun? That way- I mentioned this somewhere else- the staffers could maybe make a new rule like the 45 day no romantic relationship rule... Hell, give the tots weapon etiquette classes and make em mandatory... Just a thought. And if it doesn't cool their jets, and if a bout in Mendus don't help, chop em up and put em in the tar pits.

Leave a comment:

• Fionnghuala
    replied
    We get these *hack-n-slash* types every so often. And yes, good RP skills are that you check to make certain the person you are attacking is not AFK at the time of the attack, and that both parties are in either fight or spar mode. Yet another reason why I wear my shield while inside Alpha proper turned all the way up to full.

Usually as soon as the new violent tot (and by _tot_ I mean it in a negative and unfriendly way), finds out they can't get away with random violence as these are also the ones that ignore any retaliation against themselves, or any attempt to bring the game Police into the picture; they get all pissy and leave. This is not a behavior that is just happening in LP, it has happened in pretty much any chat room/MUD/MUSH/MOO, and a reason why I generally hate Player vs. Player combat.

My personal feelings on the matter - if you witness this kind of behavior and the person does not stop when asked in an OOC manner to not attack people when they are AFK, then those players awake should requires OOC-ly that the new person wait until the other player is back from AFK or get a Storystaffer to assist - and if a story staffer isn't available, my personal feelings lately have been to just blow the crud out of the new odffensive player who can't play nicely. It is poosible for brand new hatchlings to die, I've had it happen to some of my new characters and it was hopfrogs that did it. it's difficult once they get a shield, but before that, stupidity can take a toll.

I have been sorely tempted form time to time to knock the violent ones unconcious, drag thekm out to the tar pits in the forest dead area, and then hack them to bits and let the player watch me sink the body parts into the tar where they shall be unrecoverable forever more. (i.e. no bringing in an alt to say "look I found a leg of so-and-so"). While it isn't something I as a player want or like to do, in terms of at least one of my characters, there would be an IC reason for it, and while terrible, would fit into the character's persona far too easily. But it would make her a scary character that would eventually become unplayable by me, so I don't want to go there.

Leave a comment:

• TroubuleD
    replied
    Hum

We seem to have alot of these 'tots' wake up and almost immediately begin to destroy or harm others. I was attacked by some tot a day after he awoke, also while I was idle. Are there not rules on that? or do they not read them? I'm not sure.

Leave a comment:

• Monique
    replied
    It's starting to piss me off and it's completely unfair to any other character this player decided to assault while we were idle. If a player decides to leave their character in a supposedly SAFE area to idle, it doesn't give you friggin permission to use @fight and shoot them when the who list marked them as idle!

If you're soo bored that you feel like that you should assault other people's players, I know a whole list of MUDs that I'll gladly direct you to so you can PK and do those things all you like.

If that's not the case, learn some frigging manners and leave my character the hell alone. And could staff do something as to where you can't shoot/assault idle characters in case he does keeps doing it?

- Mo's Player

P.S It's too early for me to respond properly.

Leave a comment:

• Vallon
    started a topic Miles

Miles

Hey man,

I'm not going to acknowledge all that happened. I was -idle-. So to anyone else who was involved in the scene of Miles beating up the weak Vallon (and apparently mo) then dragging him off.

I refuse to acknowledge it IC. Cause it was dumb.

That is all.
Working...
X