Announcement

Collapse
1 of 5 < >

Forums Reversion

The cloud server that hosts the main Skotos web site and the forums experienced a hardware failure on Saturday morning that unfortunately led to severe database corruption. Several attempts to restore it failed.

This led us to our backups, but the timing was a bit unfortunate. Since the failure occurred on a weekend morning, we didn't see it until after a new backup occurred, which contained the corrupted data, and which removed our previous daily backup. This forced us to our weekly backup, which was unfortunately at the end of its time: six days old.

So, the forums are back, but we had a six-day reversion.

This should not have affects on the rest of the site, since the majority of our data is saved in our main-user-database or our games, all on remote machines.
2 of 5 < >

Forums REversion

The cloud server that hosts the main Skotos web site and the forums experienced a hardware failure on Saturday morning that unfortunately led to severe database corruption. Several attempts to restore it failed.

This led us to our backups, but the timing was a bit unfortunate. Since the failure occurred on a weekend morning, we didn't see it until after a new backup occurred, which contained the corrupted data, and which removed our previous daily backup. This forced us to our weekly backup, which was unfortunately at the end of its time: six days old.

This should not have affects on the rest of the site, since the majority of our data is saved in our main-user-database or our games, all on remote machines.
3 of 5 < >

Forums REversion

4 of 5 < >

Forums REversion

5 of 5 < >

Forums REversion

See more
See less

Firefox Issues?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firefox Issues?

Am I the only one unable to get onto Lazarus Project due to the new firefox? Any help would be appreciated.

I had to use the flash beta one thingie, but if the flash one isn't working try http://www.skotos.net/Zealotry/ and after its downloaded just do like it says and put zealotry:<character>@<game> in your bar but without the <> and I thiiink our game is just Lazarus but it might be LP or Lazarusproject but I'm fairly certain tis just Lazarus.. Hope it helps

Comment

Originally posted by Telemachus View Post
      Am I the only one unable to get onto Lazarus Project due to the new firefox? Any help would be appreciated.
      Firefox doesn't play with the Alice client any more, and not so well with Zelotry (while I can get Zelotry to work well for ICO, I can't seem to get it to work with LP for some reason) Beta Flass is about all I can get to work on the new FF. I hate having to redo all my macro shortcuts again so I stick to IE and Alice for LP.

Staff may want to give Shannon a heads up tyhat Alice doesn't work with the new Firefox.
      First Patient of Mendus
      Manchester's 'Accident Prone' Patient

SPCade "And by we I mean Nyx"
      PL: Fionn (Fionnghuala)
      CM: Finella
      ICO: Thera
      LC: Belle Griffin

The Underground Starts Here!

Comment

Originally posted by Fionnghuala View Post
        Firefox doesn't play with the Alice client any more, and not so well with Zelotry (while I can get Zelotry to work well for ICO, I can't seem to get it to work with LP for some reason) Beta Flass is about all I can get to work on the new FF. I hate having to redo all my macro shortcuts again so I stick to IE and Alice for LP.

Staff may want to give Shannon a heads up tyhat Alice doesn't work with the new Firefox.
        It's not just Lazarus. I have the same trouble in LoveCraft. Unfortunately, my Beta isn't the same as when it first came out. I can't log and if I click on the window wrong it shorts my page funny and all I have is a black page with no type bar :/ but I'm still logged in game. ICO works for me though; but it opens in a page link not a separate window. Ideas on why that is?

Comment

I had to uninstall the latest (or 2nd latest) Firefox to whatever it was before the, 'cause I couldn't get on at all. It just took me to a small screen with a small type bar and nothing else. Try uninstalling the latest (or...2nd latest) upgrade, and hopefully it'll work.
          --Arden

Comment

Zealotry and Firefox 3 do work together (albiet a lot less than ideally.) I can get into both LC and ICO with it. Can't log into LP with it, which means that you need to get Skotos staff upgrade your log on portal with whatever magic they did to get LC and ICO running.

See this thread, it discusses getting Zealotry to work, http://www.skotos.net/forum/showthread.php?t=65591
            E's for the Evil that lures and entices;
            F is for Fear and its many devices;

Comment

I'm afraid the only current workaround I know of is to use: zealotry:<character>@<game> , like Veronica suggested. And I'm not even entirely sure that works, but it's worth a try.

For Firefox 3 people, you can use the Flash client. IE people can still use Alice. If you haven't upgraded FF, Zealotry should still work.

Game staff and Skotos knows of the FF3 problem, but Zealotry needs some code fixes to be compatible, and it's not something I can fix. As for why ICO doesn't have the problem, it's because their client has been updated with a workaround fix, but it's not something I know how to do. I don't even know if we should do it (if it is possible), as it may require a large rewrite of code. Ideally, Zealotry would simply be fixed, but that's not in my hands.

Comment

Here are some tips and tricks to make sure that zealotry works for you, on LP.

I think I posted this before or a link to Nino's post. I don't remember what it was called.

** First make sure that you downloaded the right zealotry add-on for FF3 here It's the second one that's called XPI (latest build, which may crash & burn). I know it sounds kind of scary, but that is the one you need. :P
                And it works fine thus far.

**Make sure that you logged in from the main page first. Here. Choose play now.
                Enter your login information.

** Then, once you are logged in enter this web address. It will look odd to you perhaps. If your character is name Elza: zealotry:elza@lazarus

And press your enter/return key. That's all, and it should work just fine.

You might encounter some problems if you try to login directly through typing your zealotry:elza@lazarus and then you aren't logged in yet. If you try to go back or try to reload it won't work. You need to retype the zealotry address again. I don't know why >.>

Good luck! : )

Comment

Note: Wede's way does work for me. Just don't hit the link or you get the pop-up window - which doesn't look right or work properly
                  First Patient of Mendus
                  Manchester's 'Accident Prone' Patient

SPCade "And by we I mean Nyx"
                  PL: Fionn (Fionnghuala)
                  CM: Finella
                  ICO: Thera
                  LC: Belle Griffin

The Underground Starts Here!

Comment

Working...
                  X