Announcement

Collapse
1 of 5 < >

Forums Reversion

The cloud server that hosts the main Skotos web site and the forums experienced a hardware failure on Saturday morning that unfortunately led to severe database corruption. Several attempts to restore it failed.

This led us to our backups, but the timing was a bit unfortunate. Since the failure occurred on a weekend morning, we didn't see it until after a new backup occurred, which contained the corrupted data, and which removed our previous daily backup. This forced us to our weekly backup, which was unfortunately at the end of its time: six days old.

So, the forums are back, but we had a six-day reversion.

This should not have affects on the rest of the site, since the majority of our data is saved in our main-user-database or our games, all on remote machines.
2 of 5 < >

Forums REversion

The cloud server that hosts the main Skotos web site and the forums experienced a hardware failure on Saturday morning that unfortunately led to severe database corruption. Several attempts to restore it failed.

This led us to our backups, but the timing was a bit unfortunate. Since the failure occurred on a weekend morning, we didn't see it until after a new backup occurred, which contained the corrupted data, and which removed our previous daily backup. This forced us to our weekly backup, which was unfortunately at the end of its time: six days old.

This should not have affects on the rest of the site, since the majority of our data is saved in our main-user-database or our games, all on remote machines.
3 of 5 < >

Forums REversion

4 of 5 < >

Forums REversion

5 of 5 < >

Forums REversion

See more
See less

Fun-place progress status

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fun-place progress status

Hi!
    So I said I would spend at least 3 days of coding work on this surprise area project. Of course, these will be cumulated days.
    We had a total of 12 people come attend the auction, and that makes a total of 36 days.
    That's a lot of days to put into just one project. If things go well, that should mean that there should be lots of fun things to do in there.
    : )
    I'll use this thread to keep you up to date on that.

Right now, I'm at the surface area designs.

Cheers,

Update!

So!
    -1 hour

Making of the official blueprints for the entertainments building.

It is now finished!
    Construction has begun.
    It will be around 30 rooms.

^.^

Comment

Ooooh... This sounds like fun.

Unfortunately, MUD coding is new to me. Though I do know a bit about MUSH coding. Mostly building.
      I'm that Security Guy that everyone just loves.

Comment

Oooo 30 rooms... that a lot Wende! I can't wait ti see the finished building!
        First Patient of Mendus
        Manchester's 'Accident Prone' Patient

SPCade "And by we I mean Nyx"
        PL: Fionn (Fionnghuala)
        CM: Finella
        ICO: Thera
        LC: Belle Griffin

The Underground Starts Here!

Comment

Working...
        X