Announcement

Collapse
1 of 5 < >

Forums Reversion

The cloud server that hosts the main Skotos web site and the forums experienced a hardware failure on Saturday morning that unfortunately led to severe database corruption. Several attempts to restore it failed.

This led us to our backups, but the timing was a bit unfortunate. Since the failure occurred on a weekend morning, we didn't see it until after a new backup occurred, which contained the corrupted data, and which removed our previous daily backup. This forced us to our weekly backup, which was unfortunately at the end of its time: six days old.

So, the forums are back, but we had a six-day reversion.

This should not have affects on the rest of the site, since the majority of our data is saved in our main-user-database or our games, all on remote machines.
2 of 5 < >

Forums REversion

The cloud server that hosts the main Skotos web site and the forums experienced a hardware failure on Saturday morning that unfortunately led to severe database corruption. Several attempts to restore it failed.

This led us to our backups, but the timing was a bit unfortunate. Since the failure occurred on a weekend morning, we didn't see it until after a new backup occurred, which contained the corrupted data, and which removed our previous daily backup. This forced us to our weekly backup, which was unfortunately at the end of its time: six days old.

This should not have affects on the rest of the site, since the majority of our data is saved in our main-user-database or our games, all on remote machines.
3 of 5 < >

Forums REversion

4 of 5 < >

Forums REversion

5 of 5 < >

Forums REversion

See more
See less

Remake of the Prisoner on AMC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remake of the Prisoner on AMC

That's right American Movie Channel is doing a remake of the Prisoner, to be shown on November 15, 2009. Those of you with "On Demand" Cable might be able to watch the original 17 episode series with Patrick McGoohan to watch at your leisure.

"Why?" you might ask.

While the background premise is different (resigned spy kidnapped and take to an unknown place), some of the theme is applicable to Lazarus Project.

It is the unknowns and conspiracy in trying to find out who is in control, how the prisoner (or the Meta human) cannot escape from the village (or colony) that is, while nice, still a cage.

Differences from The Prisoner - Meta Humans start life in the Colony (or Village) and do not know about life outside of the Colony they inhabit, but know that some (Natural Born People) come from outside, but do not give any information about the outside.
    First Patient of Mendus
    Manchester's 'Accident Prone' Patient

SPCade "And by we I mean Nyx"
    PL: Fionn (Fionnghuala)
    CM: Finella
    ICO: Thera
    LC: Belle Griffin

The Underground Starts Here!

Yay!

The Prisoner is a great series and defo worth a watch for any that haven't seen
    it!

I was lucky enough to spend two days at the village, in Portmeirion, in June
    of this year for my birthday, and it's a truly fascinatin place and well worth
    a visit if anyone finds themselves in the North Wales area.

Was great sunny weather and one of the most beautiful places I have ever
    stayed.

I'm a bit worried about what the remake is gonna be like tho, as I think
    the classics should be left well alone.

Comment

True true. Just means the powers that be are too afraid to take on a truley unique new idea.
      First Patient of Mendus
      Manchester's 'Accident Prone' Patient

SPCade "And by we I mean Nyx"
      PL: Fionn (Fionnghuala)
      CM: Finella
      ICO: Thera
      LC: Belle Griffin

The Underground Starts Here!

Comment

Thanks for posting a mention of this.

The Prisoner is one of my favorite shows, and there is a definite influence in the game. At one point, before I submitted my proposal to Skotos for Lazarus project, I even considered the possibility of a Prisoner game... until I quickly realized the rights would be like impossible to get.

The original is definitely worth watching. The remake probably is at least worth checking out, but I do have some reservations. At least they picked what appears to be a good Number Two in Ian McKellen.

AMC has done a good job with their two current original series (Breaking Bad and Mad Men) so hopefully they get it right. Their Lathe of Heaven remake from several years ago wasn't very good though -- I only have so-so expectations.
        Last edited by Lazarus; 10-30-2009, 12:34 PM.

Comment

Just watched the first episode. I used to watch it with my grandfather, but I forgot a lot about this show. I think its totally worth every player's time t check out a couple episodes. The range of plot devices used are also interesting as it related to LP. I'm thinking about also checking out the graphic novel that was a continuation of the series, Shattered Visage. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shatter...(The_Prisoner) )

All these things are great ideas for player run plots.
          -Head of Houseold/Valet to Lord Vestio
          -Courtier of Her Majesty's Royal Court

Comment

Working...
          X