Go Back   Skotos Forums > Our Games > Castle Marrach > Official Chronicles

Old 03-28-2012, 09:26 PM
Chronicler of the Court

Send a message via Skype™ to Euphelia
Chronicle - The Closing off of the Outer Bailey Refectory

Twenty-eighth day of the Third Moon,
Thirteenth Year of the Recent Awakenings,

The Closing off of the Outer Bailey Refectory

In accordance to the will of the Lord Chamberlain, and in upholding the duties charged to me as an Junior Chronicler, I hereby submit an account of the cosing off of the Outer Bailey Refectory.

The residents of the Baileys looking to sit by the fireside in the refectory and enjoy a cup of tea were into an unexpected surprise when they were greeted by a solid stone wall.

The hall was neatly divided by the wall, which was erected by Master Quilp, who used his affinity with the stone to bring the wall into being. He created the wall after a discussion with Mistress Cordelia, who has been in charge of the renovation of the Refectory since the gryphon, Orion, had destroyed the chess board and one of the tables of the room.

Masters Quilp and Taralyn had thrown their support behind Mistress Cordelia, after the leader of the Courtesy Circle had announced a contest to redecorate the half of the dining hall nearest the fire. Should no entries of value be received, the Masters declared they would close up the hall to all.

However, the threat was unneeded, as several entries of value were received and a winner named. The hall was closed off not as a punishment to the Keep, but instead to allow the Masters to work in peace.

The wall was erected around eleven late bells on the twenty-eighth day of the third moon, and was witnessed by Mistress Cordelia, sera Rikka and ser Elesin.

"(Master Quilp) entered and ordered Mistress Cordelia to give him specs," ser Elesin recalled. "They both went into the Refectory. Ten minutes or so later, she came out and said he was talking to the stones."

Ser Elesin, a member of the Duelists' Society, said there was no warning. The hall fell silent and there was a rumble as the wall came into being, sealing the Master within.

"The he walked through the wall," the Duelist explained. "He reminded Cordelia about the specs and said something else, and left."

Sera Kaori, who arrived after the wall had risen, noted that the Mistress had been seen measuring the Refectory over the past several days.

"Master Quilp pretty much was business-minded, to put it the best way," noted sera Rikka.

Mistress Cordelia noted the Refectory would be closed off "until the work is done." She could not provide an estimate on time, saying it would take as long as it did. She did, however, wish to thank those who had submitted entries to the contest and had helped with measuring the hall in the past weeks.

This chronicle will be subject to changes and corrections, as I humbly ask that the readers indicate to me through their discretion any falsehood I may have mistakenly communicated. It is by means of the conservation of the Past that we continue to serve Her Majesty and give substance to those that follow.

In service to Her Majesty Queen Vivienne, the Lord Chamberlain, the Chronicler's Office, and the Denizenry of our Gracious Queen's Realm;

Sera Euphelia Noronos
Junior Chronicler

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: