Skotos Forums  

Go Back   Skotos Forums > Our Games > The Eternal City > The Eternal City Game World

View Poll Results: Do you think OOC type penalties should be public knowledge, or not?
Yes, the penalty/punishment should be public, and contain the players name. 4 21.05%
Yes, the penalty/punishment should be public, and NOT contain the players name. 3 15.79%
No. Penalties/punishments should be kept between the transgressor and the GM 12 63.16%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-14-2012, 09:23 AM

Do you think OOC type penalties should be public knowledge?

Do you think OOC penalties by players should be given out publicly somewhere?

For example, JohnDow is caught botting. He is punished by (whatever botting players get punished with...i have no idea). That day you see something like
JohnDow was caught botting at 15:14 on 4/14/2012. He has been penalized with account suspension for 4 days.

I have no clue what the penalty is, that just an example.

Or, instead of posting their name, something like this:

A player was caught botting at 15:14 on 4/14/2012. He has been penalized with account suspension for 4 days.

I figure minor infractions like OOCly saying Sh^t, three times and getting put in that holding room wouldnt get posted.

Or, do you believe that penalties/punishments should continue being 100% private, between the GM and the transgressor?

Thanks!

Oh, and I dont mean that the penalties are posted in the forums, i mean posted in the WA.

*Edited for Mature Audiences*
[Disclaimer]: Any "trolling", malicious comments, unwarranted rudeness, childish, immature comments, purposeful attempts to derail the subject at hand, or anything else I deem offensive or detracting in any forum except eternal noise will be reported as such immediately.
Old 04-14-2012, 10:17 AM
The dude abides.

I think the punishments should generally be kept private.
Old 04-14-2012, 10:27 AM

Im actually honestly surprised at how this one is turning out. I started it because ive seen numerous people go I reported him for botting and he was back the next day! Raarg!

So, im surprised.

*Edited for Mature Audiences*
[Disclaimer]: Any "trolling", malicious comments, unwarranted rudeness, childish, immature comments, purposeful attempts to derail the subject at hand, or anything else I deem offensive or detracting in any forum except eternal noise will be reported as such immediately.
Old 04-14-2012, 06:07 PM
Cornflake Girl

Send a message via AIM to HotMoltenLava Send a message via MSN to HotMoltenLava
Quote:
Originally Posted by extraha View Post
Im actually honestly surprised at how this one is turning out. I started it because ive seen numerous people go I reported him for botting and he was back the next day! Raarg!

So, im surprised.
It's fine and dandy to want someone's name posted, but no one wants to see their own names posted. We all have indiscretions at some point, and once you're seen as a cheat, everyone looks at you differently. Even if it was a stupid mistake.

Some things are misunderstandings and deserve to be given a chance to make up for them.

However, you have to wonder if public defamation wouldn't stop people from cheating, knowing that if they do they will lose face so to speak.
Dragaxus says to you, "You know you're quite sexy when you do that."
Amatoria spits crumbs all over, "You're just saying that."

Typically, 9 times out of 10 in TEC you are bored you just dont realize it because your brain functions at a higher rate and it keeps you from thinking about the possibility that you are simply sitting there doing absolutely nothing.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: